“Nice Pub Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Barrel Aged
815 Main Street, Martinez, CA
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrel Aged is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Martinez
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice Pub Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was our second visit. The first time we stopped in after a warm afternoon downtown for a beverage and snack. Last night we went for an early dinner and were quite pleased. My wife ordered the Sliders - 3 silver dollar sized burgers cooked to order. I choose the Shrimp and Grits. The burgers were tasty and of good quality. The grits were slightly salty for my preference, but were well seasoned otherwise. A nice blend of spice and just enough cayenne on the four shrimp. Again, a little too salty for my taste, but we tend to use salt VERY sparingly, so I am sensitive to it.

My wife ordered a bourbon ice tea (just a refreshing as it was the first visit) and I ordered a Mojito. Both had a nice flavor profile and a pleasant blend of mixer and alcohol - not over powering, but enough to taste and "feel".

We splurged and ordered a dessert - Creme Brûlée topped with Maple Bacon. Odd sounding combination, but pleasing and refreshing. Just the right juxposition of salt and sweet and a nice creamy custard. I cleaned the container.

The staff was pleasant and attentive on both visits. The customers boisterous, but not overly so.

Total bill including 20% tip was $75.

We will return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Funky deco, great food and beverages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went there on a recommendation of a friend and while I was not expecting much I was blown away from the quality of the food, the beverage selection and the professionalism of the staff. I have a quinoa sale and a kale salad which where just fantastic! While my girlfriend thought that her martini was somewhat small, the quality of it was stunningly perfect. It is also the first bar where I have gone that made the Gin and Tonic correctly using lemon and not lime. Definitely I will be going back again and again until I have tried all the food items on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
Martinez, California
“Good food with an EXCELLENT whiskey selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Barrel Aged is located in downtown Martinez and features one of the best selections of whiskey in the entire Bay Area. From Pappy's to Macallan 30, you should be able to find the Bourbon or Scotch that is on your favorite list.
Family owned and very friendly, the folks at BA are warm and welcoming. The food and service are both really good and the atmosphere reminds me of an era gone by.
Out door seating makes for a fun time enjoying a meal with friends on those nice nights in the East Bay. Pricing is very reasonable and there is usually plenty of parking.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring Lake, New Jersey, United States
“Deeelicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had dinner there with my family on Saturday night (all adults). Not only were the drinks inventive and delicious, but the food was ridiculously good. I adore the fried pickles (we fought over them and had to order more), fried oreos, dates stuffed with goat cheese wrapped with bacon, mac-n-cheese and frankly anything with bacon. I live on the east coast, but I will definitely be back next time I'm nearby.

• Visited February 2014
Martinez, California
“Amazing Food & Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great food and cocktails at Barrel Aged. Live Jazz, crafted cocktails, amazing food and a spirits list worth listing in every bourbon review!

• Visited November 2013