My husband and two daughters (pre-teen and teen) stayed here for ski week and had a great time. We stayed in the suite Bergkristall (room 203).
What we liked:
- Great food (had half-board); awesome variety at breakfast and enough for all appetites. Evening meals were full course meals but portions were reasonable so you did not come away having gained 5 kg (10lbs) by the end of the week. The food was exquisite and there was something for all tastes. My kids were always able to find one option for the main course that they liked.
- Very nice room: we had just enough space to feel quite comfortable for a week even with all our ski jackets, winter boots, etc. It was spotless and newly re-done. The bed was very comfortable too although my youngest daughter had a bed that came down from the wall and it had a tendency to make noise as she sat or laid on it but it did not hamper her sleep.
- Excellent for skiers: ski room had tons of room to sit and put on gear. It also had convenient boot warmers. The hotel has super easy access to the gondola (a few meters from the tunnel with magic carpet that takes you to one of the main gondolas).
- Nice wellness area
- Friendly staff (particularly Lazlo who made sure we could be done with our meal in time to catch the ski show and our waitress Reka).
- Location: right in the centre of Ischgl and close to all the shops including a Spar if you want to get some snacks/groceries.
What could be better:
- car access for baggage drop-off or check-out: the hotel is the pedestrian section of the town so there is only room for one car at a time for baggage drop off. This makes it a bit tricky especially on the check-out day when everyone leaves more or less at the same time. The parking is included though and they park your car in an indoor garage which is great.
- Nude wellness: I don't mind if people want to go nude in the wellness area (the part that is reserved for adults) but the signs said that you could not go with your swimsuit. That's the part I don't get. If I don't want to go in the saunas or hot tub nude, then that should be my prerogative. I say "live and let live". :-)
- Noise: you do hear the church bells at 6:45am since the hotel is right next to the church and there are a lot of people partying in the town at night. If you keep your windows closed, it should not bother you though.
Higher floor is better to get away from the noise of the town.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.