“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the hotel from the 1st March for a week.. its a super hotel and all the staff are helpful and considerate. we had the room with a Jacuzzi and it was super. Food was excellent. Rudi the owner runs a great operation. It's close to everything and we met lots of nice people there. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: 303 is great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chudleigh, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I need to apologise to the owners for my overtly load opinion on the pancake I was served at dinner last week. It is to their credit that they eat their food in the restaurant with the guests, and I'm sorry I didn't realise they were there. It's not that I feel my opinion on the pancake was wrong, but that my overall impression of their hotel and our stay was excellent, and I didn't tell them. We're a group if 5 skiers, I'm considering returning in the summer (if they'll have me!) for a summer mountain holiday and they do weddings too. Spotlessly clean, polite, informal but attentive staff, and our 2 rooms were very nice. The food was served as 5 small courses, which I liked, and although the quality if the food was good and I ate everything, it did to me lack taste, but that of course is subjective and should t put you off going. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Myself and my husband were married in Zell am See on the 6th March 2014. It started with dozens if emails to the hotel which were always dealt with promptly and politely.
On our arrival at the hotel we were given the honeymoon suite which was fantastic, a large living area, bedroom & massive bathroom with his & her sink, large shower & jacuzzi bath. The facilities in the room were great & the hotel in itself I could not fault.
What was different about our wedding party was that none if us were skiing, this people found hard to grasp it being a ski resort but we never had nothing to do. There is countless activities as well as those for families as we ourselves were travelling with a six year old boy and a 67 year old grandparent. The hotel was spotless, the food was second to none!
On the wedding day Rudi never left our side & all of it was organised to the very fine detail by The team, we really had to worry about nothing. The photographs were given to us promptly before leaving despite us going the following day. All of it was faultless! Our wedding day was one to remember for us & our families. It was truly remarkable, there really was no need for the worries that I had about the organisation. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel for skiing & weddings as it is very central! Nothing we needed was more than around the corner!
If you are considering getting married in this beautiful resort do it, if you are considering getting married in this hotel then 100% go for it! The customer service is sublime!

• Stayed March 2014
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our Daughter married in Zell Am See in Feb 2014 and we stayed along with all the guests at the Heitzmann. The journey was long due to a delayed ferry crossing whiich meant we arrived very late, nearly midnight, but we had a warm welcome from Rudi personally and an excellent hot meal waiting for us, a brilliant start to the Wedding Week!!! Throughout the week we were very well looked after nothing was ever too much trouble and all we wanted was provided. The five course evening meal was excellent every night, breakfast also was excellent with show cooking for a variety of hot options cooked to order. We had Room 105 it was fantastic, you could have a party in the lounge area let alone the bedroom and bathroom with jacuzzi and double basins, the space was great as we had the Brides dress!!! Everywhere was very clean and well maintained and all staff were polite, helpful and spoke excellent English we must just mention Benita (apologies if this is not the correct spelling) she always had a smile and went the extra mile for us all. Bar prices were good with a great atmosphere in the bar and joining rooms. The hotel is also very well suited for skiing the main lift is only a few minutes walk and the bus station is also 2 mins around the corner if you want to ski further a field. The Wedding day was absolutely faultless, Rudi accompanied the Bride and wedding party all day and there isn't anything we would change it really is a day to remember, many thanks.

We would like to end by thanking Rudi and his partner, Barbara and all the team at the Heitzmann.
Tony and Sue Taylor.

Room Tip: Room 105 is excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Had a really good week at the Hotel Heitzmann.

We were there to snowboard and the hotel is not only really handy for the lifts, but also the first stop on the buses to the glacier and Saalbach-Hinterglemm (well worth getting the Salzburg super ski pass for). Its also really close to all of the main bars in town - and just around the corner from the Gin House- a great little haunt for the nail game.

The hotel was clean, friendly and had everything that we needed. The rooms were of a decent size - and serviced every day. The shower was clean, always hot and powerful - much needed at the end of a day.

The food at the hotel was excellent. After arriving late on Saturday and being warmly welcomed by the owner, dinner was ready and waiting for us in spite of the delay. The food was of a consistently high standard with service to match. I agree with another review on here about the standard of the steak - superb!

The boot room could do with being a little bigger, but other than that there is little to complain about.

Thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Zell am See, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very pleasant week at Hotel Heitzmann. Rooms very pleasant and everywhere spotlessly clean. Dinner was delicious every night. Good breakfast with hot options prepared on demand. Staff all very friendly and happy to take delivery of my ski bag before I checked in. Road can be a little noisy if window left open but radiators can be switched off so not excessively hot. Would certainly stay again if back in Zell am See.

• Stayed February 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but positives to talk about when writing a review for this amazing hotel.
We stayed here as a large group for our wedding in Feb 2014. Before we arrived,I was already impressed by the level of help, care and attention provided by Rudi and Barbara in assisting us with the countless emails, questions and changes we made to our booking and wedding plans.
Due to delays at the ferry terminal, we arrived at the hotel after midnight (10+ hours later than scheduled) and were shocked to discover that the hotel had kept staff back to prepare and serve us a hot meal and dessert-a truly amazing gesture and one that I hadn't ever experienced or heard about before. Not only that, but Rudi also made himself available to greet our party too.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite, it is was huge with an enormous bathroom with twin sinks and a double jacuzzi bath. The rest of our party stayed in a variety of different room types, all were impressively sized with great internal decor. There was ample closet and storage space throughout-this was more important to the female members of our group than the males.
The food was exquisite. A fantastic, wide selection of hot and cold options at breakfast and a 5 course meal every evening. If you wanted to, you could quite easily manage without lunch everyday and still not be hungry. We travelled with a vegan as part of our group and the hotel were able to take care of her requirements and still maintain the highest level of quality. The waiting staff were very good, special mention must go to Benita who was an excellent front of house.

The hotel has a lovely quaint bar area and good sized communal areas for relaxing after a days skiing. I was pleasantly surprised by the prices of the drinks within the hotel. A bottle of good quality wine (still or sparkling) for around €20 is a great price for a bottle of wine in the mountains!!

We were allowed to make up the winter wedding room up as we wished on the day before the wedding- this allowed my fiancée to put her own personal touch to our day.
The wedding day was perfect, Rudi stayed with us right up to the wedding breakfast. He fine tuned every single aspect of the day, it was like having our very own wedding planner. We had our photos taken by the excellent photographer Susan (organised via the hotel) and were amazed to receive our beautiful wedding album just 3 days later. We also had some traditional Austrian music played in the evening by Hubert. This was such a uniquely entertaining hour which helped to set the wedding apart.
All in all, we couldn't have wanted anything more from this hotel. In my eyes a hidden gem in the middle of Zell am see.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Heitzmann? Share your experiences!