“Pension Andrea Zell Am See” 5 of 5 stars

Pension Andrea
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Steinergasse 2, Zell am See A-5700, Austria   |
Ranked #17 of 56 Zell am See B&B and Inns
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Pension Andrea Zell Am See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed 18 - 25th Feb 2012. The Guesthouse was literally 200 yards from the airport transfer drop off point for Zell. I was given a lovely warm welcome and the owners spoke brilliant English. I had a very large room with an Austrian twin bed. The bathroom had a bath and shower (always handy to have a bath after a hard days skiing) and a hairdryer too! The room also had a sofa and a TV. I had a huge balcony from where a could see the slopes and even watched the evening ski show from there!!
I was really impressed. I normally only stay in 4 or 5 star hotels and booked this place on recommendations from some of the locals.
Meals were served in the social room. When it is not being used for meals, it is used for relaxing, grabbing a drink from the honesty fridge and chilling. I only booked half board and breakfast was continental. It consisted of a selection of fresh breads and rolls, cold meats, cheeses, boiled eggs, fruit, yoghurts, cereals and fruit juices, tea and coffee. I looked forward to breakfast every morning because it was such a lovely warm environment.
There was a lift and a ski equipment storage area. I also noticed there was a kids playroom downstairs and my goodness the kids were loving it, and so were the parents who were able to sit and chill with a beer in the social room.
The guest house is so conveniently located, it is just round the corner from the ice rink/sport center on a quiet street. The main ski lift is a 2 minute walk (1 if not in those awful ski boots) and the main street for Zell is just round the corner. I was there for festival week and it was nice to be close to the activities but tucked away enough from the noise and hustle and bustle of it all.
The jet garage which is open til very late is just a minute walk away too.
Would I recommend this guesthouse? absolutley. It was immaculate, warm, friendly and such good value. I hope to keep using this place for years to come.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 4. It has a great view of the mountain.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Booked a weeks stay from the 28/5 2011 to the 4/6-2011.
Drove down to Austria when my phone rang in germany, it was my mother telling me that my father was very ill. We took the chance and was going to Pension Andrea instead of driving back to Denmark.
We got a warm welcome from Sandra and I told her the story. We said that we would MAYBE leave in two days time because of the situation with my father. After only 6 hours at Pension Andrea my family rang me and told me to get home. I told Sandra that, and she promised me that she would refund my deposit and not charge me for the week at all!
What a great gesture. They have a lot of heart at Pension Andrea.
It was sad to leave because it was a very nice place. Clean everywere. Nice house. Very nice rooms (ours was without a balcony). We used the bed for a 30 minutes relaxing and the bed was really good.
When I`m going to Austria I would book at Pension Andrea again, because i`m sure that they will threat me well for a whole week and not just the 6 hours.
Thx Sandra!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Oberhausen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Very warm welcome.Very good location.Nice clean room with balcony.Various breakfast.Good information by owner.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I was charged by my travel agent a ridiculous amount of money (cca 200 EUR/night) for this so called 3 star accomodation. I can't imagine if I would grant a star. Location was good but the conditions were really crap.
On top of that, the Dutch owner was really rude and her reaction to my polite complaint was that if I don't like it I can get the hell out.
I will attach a picture with the room. I will really avoid booking this pension in Zell am See (beautiful place), plenty of places you can get a room for a decent price, even in peak season (as I discovered later).
I think a picture is worth a thousand words.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

A group of 8 of us stayed here in February for a skiing trip. Found the accomodation very basic. The double bedrooms had two single beds which could not be pushed together as the wooden frames stuck up between them. There was also no mirror in the room which was quiet annoying considering there was only 1 shared loo and 1 shared shower/bath room between 6 of us. Towels were not changed every day and we had to go searching round the presses on different floors to find them.

Breakfast was typical continental stuff.. not much in line of fresh fruit. We ended up just getting some stuff from the spar down in the town and keeping it outside the window to keep it fresh.

You can arrange for a masseure to come to your room and although I did not get one myself the rest of the gang enjoyed them although it is worth mention that for a bit more pampering there is a proper spa in the hotel across the road for more of less the same cost.

The food in zell am see was a bit hit or miss but if you can get out earlier in the evening you have a much better chance of eating where you would prefer. The hotel fisherweirt had an amazing open grill and we ended up eating there twice during our stay. Avoid at all costs the restaurant beside the Hotel Park Eder... the most vile food I have ever tasted!

Crazy daisy and Irish pub had best night life. Think it was called delaneys or something like that.. Located beside the Park Eder Hotel.

The only saving thing about this hotel/b&b was the price and the helpful owners. worked out at about €250 each for a week although if i was going again I would just book into a proper hotel. We went from a tues to a tues and I think most accomodation is available from sat to sat so our choices were limited.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Pension Andrea? Share your experiences!