“Christmas in the snow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Theresia Gartenhotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Theresia Gartenhotel
You added Theresia Gartenhotel to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Glemmtaler Landesstrasse 208, Saalbach-Hinterglemm 5753, Austria   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Christmas in the snow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely Christmas here on the Winter Special package over Christmas week.
Upon arrival (after a long drive) we were greeted by friendly staff who offered us a drink and chance to start to unwind before heading to our room. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The hotel all feels extremely well laid out, modern and homey at the same time. We felt like we were at home within a couple of days, relaxed and able to just take it easy.
All of the meals are outstanding and the staff were all very friendly, knowledgable and professional. It is like they're all one big family, working well together and trying very hard to make everyones stay special. Some of the staff are exceptionally professional and patient, as we witnessed during some testing times during meals times with some of the guests. Being at the front end of customer relations can be exhausting and draining when dealing with people who are difficult or just plain rude, we really felt for some of the staff.
We enjoyed the spa area, although the outdoor pools did seem to end up like kids play grounds in the late afternoons when parents just leave their kids to run wild whilst they stay in doors oblivious to the madness going on outside. This meant that the outdoor pool and hot tub became no go areas during kids play time (which also fell to just when the skiers return and fancy a soak in the hot tub). However, this is not exactly a fault of the hotel, more of the parents.
Areas are well signposted around the hotel, however, as there is clearly such a high number of Russian guests attracted to this hotel, I would suggest that some of the signs are also translated into Russian. This would save the inappropriateness of Russian children wandering into the adults only spa area etc.
I would recommend this hotel and we hope to return some time in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

After a fantastic week in the Theresia Gartenhotel, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. The service is exceptional, from being greeted with a glass of fizzy wine on arrival whilst our bags were whisked away to our room, to the extremely helpful, friendly waiting staff. The reception staff were lovely, and even the cleaning ladies went out of their way to be friendly. Absolutely first rate service.

The food was excellent throughout. As a vegetarian, good food is often hard to come by in typical ski hotels, but this hotel is far from typical. The salad bar was excellent, and four further vegetarian courses were varied and delicious every night. A fish option was also available for each starter/main courses. Breakfast was a good selection, with omelettes available too. The fresh bread was beautiful. In short, we felt thoroughly spoiled by a week of wonderful food (I came home several pounds heavier!).

The hotel is in a quieter part of Hinterglemm, on the outskirts, but that suited us to a tee and was part of our reason for chosing it. It was just a 10 minute walk into the main part of town. Unfortunately, the piste which should have made it virtually ski back to door (piste 39a) was closed during our stay, but the ski bus runs regularly (every 20 mins) and we had no problems getting to lifts in a morning or coming back in the afternoon. There is a lift just a 5 minute walk (in ski boots) away, from which you can work your way round the ski circuit.

All in all, we could not find fault with the hotel, the food or the staff. After 10 years of skiing, this is the best hotel we have stayed in and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RiuFerrera Hotel, Torrox
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our group of 4 adults & 1 child (2) have just returned from this hotel. From the moment we entered the doors to leaving we were spoilt. the staff did all they could to help with any query from the bedroom cleaning ladies, the waiters, the reception and the owners. The food was first class and beautifully presented. As you imagine with al a carte menu, the 5 courses for evening meal were not huge portions, but, after eating all 5 courses there was more than sufficient. The rooms typ3 were spacious and had a lovely balcony and outlook.The rooms were lovely and quiet overnight.
We took advantage of borrowing a pushchair and also a sledge which were free of charge. The childrens play room we also used a little.(you cannot leave a two year old for long) but while he was in there, he was secure, and loved it. It was quite funny to see our just gone two year old 'talking' to a german child of about four years old, goodness knows what the conversation was about.
My only negative comment was while I was reading one day with the balcony door open a cat walked silently in straight past me and sat at the door to go through into the corridor and into the hotel however. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation but I'd keep my doors closed

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
brettermeier, Inhaber at Theresia Gartenhotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear family Mags,
thank you very much for your very nice review. We are very pleased, that you liked your stay in our house so much. Please excuse the bad behavior of our 16-year-old black (with a white spot under the chin) family cat Peter. Unfortunately, he will never understand that not the whole hotel is his home, but only our family apartment and terrace on the first floor of the hotel and the surrounding hotel garden.
We really hope to welcoming you again in our hotel! Please opt for a room/suite on the 2nd, 3rd,4th or 5th floor next time, because Peter is too old to jump upwards on your balcony and therefore you can then leave your balcony door open.
Kind regards from Saalbach-Hinterglemm,
Family Brettermeier & team
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The service was outstanding. We have been at the hotel many times. It is one of our favorites in Europe. Of special surprise was the excellent and attractive serving at dinner of the salads, hors-d'oeuvres, and main courses. The "designer" of the servings deserves a special praise.

All the help was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here from 1st February 2014 for a week and this is just about the best hotel we've been to in Austria, in 8 years of ski-ing at various resorts.
The hotel is beautifully decorated, with pieces of art all over the reception and dining rooms, as well as in the corridors, and although the style is modern, it still manages to retain an Austrian charm. The staff are wonderful, friendly, yet very discreet, and the standard of service is excellent.
The food is divine, and I can honestly say we never had a bad meal. The room we had was on the first floor and was one of the traditional rooms, overlooking the front of the hotel, so we had a big balcony and a lovely view; our friend's room was on the fourth floor, more modern, and smaller, but they were both wonderful rooms, and very clean.
The hotel is just on the outskirts of the village, about a 5 minute walk (10 in ski boots!), so I would recommend getting the ski bus to the Zwolferkogel gondola, but the bus pulls up right outside the hotel. However, unusually for Austria, there wasn't a timetable for the buses, so you just had to wait for one to turn up!
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, and the ski resort itself as well. The apres ski in Hinterglemm is very good and the resort has some lovely hotels and restaurants.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Horsham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

An excellent modern hotel with very good staff and good comfortable accomodation a little out of town but bus stop right outside.ski hire and instructors in house which was a plus.Food was very good and of a good selections of dishes to suit all tastes.
We were in low season so the hotel had few children and left before the
Half term started,a plus as far as all of us were concerned as have long left that stage.

Stayed January 2014
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the end of January 2014 with family/friends. We had two rooms on the same floor.

The driver was waiting at the Zell Am See train station when we arrived. We arrived at the hotel in about 20 minutes.

Both of the rooms were immaculately clean and decorated in the traditional style. The complimentary water in the rooms were greatly appreciated after the long but beautiful train ride.

The beds were very comfortable and my request for extra pillows were promptly delivered. My room was at the front of the hotel and I was concerned about the noise from the road. I never heard anything:)

My only disappointment in the room was the towels. They were thin. I prefer much fluffier/larger towels. This was only a minor disappointment and did not spoil my experience.

One of the people in our group follows a strict gluten-free diet for medical reasons. She had absolutely no problem eating at the hotel. The chef was able to alter items to suit her needs. Everything she tried was delicious. Gluten free bread was delivered to our table at every meal. Our waiter went over the menu with her every morning. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who is gluten-free or has other food allergies.

The evening menu was varied. I preferred the traditional and organic choices. I loved the salad bar. We stayed for 7 nights and my favorite meal was the Saturday evening buffet. I have never seen so much beautifully displayed food in one room. The pork was among the best I have ever had!

My favorite breakfast items were the muesli and the hard boiled eggs. I don't eat a big breakfast. It is very difficult to find HB eggs in hotels and these were perfectly cooked and warm.

I have stayed at this hotel two times previously. My favorite thing about the Theresia is the staff. They seem to enjoy their jobs. They want you to enjoy your stay and come back again. I feel very "at home" every time I walk through the door. They are all very genuine and warm when they speak with with their guests.

Thank you again for another wonderful stay. See you in the summer!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Theresia Gartenhotel? Share your experiences!