“Best gem in Mayrhofen!” 5 of 5 stars

Zillergrundweg 572 | 6290 Mayrhofen, Mayrhofen 6290, Austria   |
Ranked #1 of 91 Mayrhofen B&B and Inns
“Best gem in Mayrhofen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

After spending a week with Markus and Christine I would say this is the nicest stay I've had in mayrhofen and it was my 10th time! The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious and the breakfast is the best! Especially the scrambled egg! They are a fantastic couple who made my mum and I feel like part of the family. Looking forward to seeing them again :-)

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel there were 10 of us staying for a weeks sking, we received a very warm welcome with a glass of schnapps on arrival from Christina and Markus, the rooms were great and spacious and beautifully decorated and warm. They couldn't do enough for us the breakfast was great with fresh eggs from the local farmer and great selection of meat and local produce. It felt like home from home . This is one of the best ski hotels I have stayed in and would highly recommend it is only small but there is everything you need. There is boot room behind the hotel and its only a 5 min walk from the village. I would def give it 10 out of 10 thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

we stayed as a group of six and agree with previous reviews of this lovely B&B - Markus and Christina are so welcoming and such characters. Nothing is any trouble for them and they go out of their way for their guests. The rooms are imaculate and spacious and the breakfasts are delicious. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Mayrhofen area. - Outstanding.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here in February for a weeks skiing and snowboarding with my son for his 13th birthday. We arrived quite late due to weather conditions but we received a very warm welcome from Christina who, despite the late hour, went out of her way to ensure we settled in straight away with no fuss.

Both Markus and Christina were excellent hosts and nothing was too much trouble. Whether it was letting us use the kitchen to prepare our packed lunches or giving us the benefit of their local knowledge regarding off piste activity, they were always friendly and helpful and often worked late into the evening to ensure everyone staying with them received the very best hospitality.

Breakfast was always excellent quality with a varied selection of local meats and cheeses as well as traditional breakfast cereals. Our room was big enough for us both with everything finished to a high standard. There is also a heated ski, snowboard and boot store in the basement which was more secure than those in the hire stores and with only a 10 minute walk to the Penken lift, it's worth it.

Overall, we had a fantastic 'father and son' week and I would recommend Mayrohofen as having some of the best pistes and snow conditions I have experienced and as for the Alpin Garni Eder? 6 stars!

When I return to Mayrohofen, I shall stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a rather late review (a year late) but we have such fond memories of this place and the hosts! They were very welcoming and made our stay a real pleasure. The rooms were comfortable and well looked after. The pension was small which made it feel like a home from home. The hosts really made an effort to get to know you and help you with whatever you need. Which made you feel especially welcome! We will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here three times now, skied here in winter twice and loved the warm comfortable and welcoming feel to the place. I liked it so much that when I decided I would go walking this summer I just emailed Christina and booked directly through her without even thinking of anywhere else. I am so pleased I did. She remembered me from when I stayed in February and gave me the same lovely room. Every morning at breakfast we had a little treat in our place in the breakfast room, some cake or fruit salad, lovely little touch. The buffet breakfast was great with fresh fruit, cereal, meat, cheese, option of boiled eggs, as much tea, coffee and juice as you would like.
As it was so quiet in the off season walking, Christina made a real effort to make sure we were going to have a great week giving us ideas on walks we should do and restaurants to eat in for that evening. Everything she suggested was great. She is a wonderful host and I feel she tries incredibly hard to make sure all her guests have the best week they can possibly have.
All in all, I can't fault this hotel, wonderfully, clean, friendly and personal. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After my rather disastrous experience last year I was apprehensive about going somewhere that I could find no online review for. However I have to say I could not have been more happy with my stay at Hotel Eder through Crystal Ski.

It is a privately owned and run B&B with the option to upgrade to HB taking evening meals at a local restaurant which we did. Groups no larger than 4 are allowed so it ensures a pleasant and non rowdy experience!

We were met upon arrival with a warm welcome and sit down in the dining area with a shot of a local spirit by the owners Marcus and Christine Eder who are so lovely and welcoming. We were then shown our rooms that were decorated to a very high standard... and we had the loft conversion which is massive with a stunning view... so far so good! We took a stroll down to the restaurant where we would be having our meals which is a lovely little place close to the B&B where again we had a fantastically warm welcome and a HUGE 3 course meal... I struggled to eat all of the food every single night even though it was amazing and freshly cooked. A different soup to start every night and then a vegetarian or meat option for main and then a desert, lovely!

The Breakfast is a cold buffet, with a choice of eggs cooked fresh for you a different way each morning accompanied with the weather forecast for the day, tips and hints of where to go and always a big smile. There was a variety of food, and never a chance of running out if you like to have a little lie in after a few drinkies the night before!

The B&B is less about 5 mins walk from both of the gondolas in Mayrehofen but not in the town centre so lovely and quiet at night time. And if you don't want to walk into town every night, they have an honestly fridge that is always stocked with soft drinks and local beer for a small charge per drink! There is a locked but communal ski and boot room with heated boot rails... Literally the only thing I could possibly fault this place for is there was not enough storage for Kit... but then you can pay a small amount if you go with Crystal to keep your kit in their offices which is right next to the main gondola.

Mayrehofen is great, snow was exceptional for the skiers and boarders in our group. I would highly recommend the resort and can not speak highly enough of Hotel Eder, it was 5* in every way in my opinion.

Room Tip: Go for the loft room if you can, its worth it for the chilling space and the view!