“Bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Prague
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We visited this restaurant twice and alwas we had feeling that the service should be better (although we speak German). Especially the waitress wasn´t nice and was a little bit stiff. Maybe she preferred local visitors but we made a high order.
The food was very good, nice atmosphere but due to the service we found other restaurants.
They charge for appetiser 1.5 Euro for portion so in case you a re more people, it´s not adequate.
Comparing to other restaurants in Kaprun we decided to visited other restaurants. In my opinion, Dorfstadl felt to be successful in the past but in the last years in Kaprun are so many new possibilites with nice people and atmosphere. That´s a pity but we will not go back.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“So Traditional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Have visited this restaurant on many occasions. The staff are friendly and the food is great - you must try the traditional "cook your own" meat on a brick - the house speciality!

Visited March 2012
Vienna, Austria
“A cash cow in BCG terminology”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

In 2007-8 years the restaurant received michelene stars, which is noted on the window near the main entrance. Nowadays the atmosphere and food is good, but not excellent. Be careful - they charge for appetiser 1.5 euro for portion. I opened water which was on the table in a special restaurant bottle and made 2 glasses. Charged 3 euro, and I couldn't take the remaining water with me (because of the special bottle). Finally, we were waiting for a check for 5-7 minutes until it turned out that the waiter forgot about it. I felt slightly deceived, although I'm not greedy at all - just the attitude is like you are not a client or guest, but a buyer.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Try the beef medallions in garlic butter!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Possibly my favorite appetizer...EVER!! In a warm and cozy log cabin, this restaurant is one of my favorites. I was stationed in Europe for 8 1/2 years and every time I went to ski in Kaprun/Zell am See, I made it a point, to eat dinner at the Dorfstadl. Steak on the rock/stone is fantastic as well, with a nice cold Austrian beer. The beef medallions are served in a dish (like deviled eggs) and they are soaking in garlic butter with parmesan cheese baked on top. SO GOOD!! Enjoy!!

• Visited October 2010