“Best Place in Pedasi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pedasi
Panama City, Panama
“Best Place in Pedasi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Villa Camilla, its the Best place in Pedasi, its very close to Pedasi town, the Rooms are amazing, specially the ones in the Beach Front ( more relax and very nice), the service its AAA great , very kind all the employes including the Manager and the Security at the principal door.

They let you feel better than home. We dint try the food because you need to make reservation in advance. Take the tour from the hotel because actually its the same price or less, go to iguana Island, and come back to the pool of the hotel and take some wine and cheese ( good plate of cheese).

Best place in LOS SANTOS, PANAMA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dale M, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Greetings from Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

I would like to express my thanks for the kind comments following your recent stay with us.

The team is working hard to please each and every one of our valued guests and this great feedback definitely goes a long way to keep them motivated to give their best each day.

Thank you for choosing Villa Camilla and I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Dale Moffitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

What an amazing venue. Villa Camilla is being managed by Mantis, an international boutique management company, and Dale and Paulina have been working hard to ensure that every details is just right. This was our second visit to Villa Camilla, the first being last May. This time we brought my 87 year old mother, who stayed in the Orchid Room, and two friends who stayed in Jasmine. We requested our previous room, Jacaranda. Again, perfect. Dale and Pauline has solicited our feedback after our lsast trip and EVERY SINGLE item has been addressed. Amazing. This time they again asked for our critique and we gave it. Little things like putting rice in the salt shakers so the moisture would be reduced - DONE the next day. There isn't much that needs improvement - the staff is well trained, the facilities are truly first class. The new chef is excellent. This is a quiet, peaceful, relaxed and totally enjoyable venue with attentive staff who go well beyond even excellence. Go out of your way to visit Villa Camilla. You will not be disappointed at all.

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel in any one of the 7 rooms and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dale M, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Mrs. Roth,

Thank you very much for the posting and warm words of encouragement!

It really was a delight and true pleasure to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, this occasion together with your delightful mother and close friends.

It is great to hear such praise, including that towards our newly hired chef. We are very pleased to have this talented gentleman as part of our team and our valued Guests continue to enjoy the creative flair reflective of the consistent quality of his dishes.

The team and I are very pleased that you had an enjoyable time, I assure you that we will continue working towards even higher standards of excellence going forward.

Again, many thanks for choosing Villa Camilla once again and we do hope to have a chance to exceed your expectations a little more in the not-too-distant future.

Remaining with best regards,

Playa Coronado, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I live in Coronado but frequent Pedasi and Playa Venao often. A girlfriend recommended we go and what a surprise. We stayed in the Turquesa Beach Suite a short jaunt from the main hotel right on the ocean. Pulling into the parking lot everyone new our names, we were greeted with a welcome drink and escorted to our suite. I'm telling you, it's those little things...like towels bigger and plusher than a hankie, shampoo's, soaps, coffees, mini bar!, robes (didn't find til day 3) and get this!-our room was cleaned daily while we were out and didn't even have to ask!. All staff made a concious effort to get to know us, make our Isla Grande arrangements and best of all they didn't throw us out at dinner for being too casual (we are used to staying in places where you never take you bathing suit off, so if you are going to eat dinner at their very romantico restaurante, bring a cute little dress and guys...pack a Tommy Bahama. No high heels necessary. The pool was refreshing and serene, light music playing and poolside service complete with towels, lounge chair pads and a bucket of Champagne if you wish. Thanks Paulina and staff! Great job :) Jill and Don

Room Tip: If you want quiet/no TV, no children then stay in the hotel. If you want "On the Beach"...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon from Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Thank you very much for the kind review and sharing your thoughts following your stay.

We pride ourselves in providing attentive and personal service so receiving this positive feedback is very rewarding to my team, who do their utmost for our valued Guests. I am pleased to hear that you had a good visit, enjoying the services, food, and amenities, as well as an excursion to Isla Iguana.

Whenever you need some time away to relax in future, we will look forward to welcoming you back to Villa Camilla and the Azuero Peninsula.

Thanks again for your time taken to post this much appreciated feedback!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were on a family trip to Pedasi and landed at a nightmare of a hotel. Luckily, we found the Villa Camilla and they saved us in the best way possible. We had heard what a special place Pedasi was, but not until we got to the Villa Camilla did we get to realize those expectations. The place is magical. The service and staff were top notch (led by the amazing Manager Dale Moffitt and his incredibly courteous staff, Eric and Giselle and the others). They catered to our every need and were incredibly good about booking travel and activities for us including Sea Turtle Egg Laying, day trips to the Isla de Iguanas, surfing, etc. Everything was superb - they brought dinners down to the room for the kids and breakfasts showed up every morning in front of our room facing the ocean

The facility is kept immaculate and pristine. We had stayed for a night at another Beach, which was filthy, but in front of the Camilla, they regularly clean the area to make it a magical place with dramatic rocks and incredibly warm ocean to play in. We stayed down in the suites right on the Ocean and was a perfect place to for sunrise and sunset swims in the ocean as well as perfectly located to jump in the pool next door. The kids had a ball.

But it was the intangibles that make the place special. The manager lent us his personal nanny so that my wife and I could enjoy a romantic dinner a the hotel and feel 100% confident that our kids were in good hands. HONESTY: A maid returned a $100 bill she found in my pants as she was doing my laundry. I would never have known and it was that kind of service that speaks volumes about not only her personally, but the hotel.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience and we plan on returning again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dale M, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Greetings from Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Thank you very much for your time spent in posting such wonderful comments following your family's recent stay with us!

The feedback was shared with each member of my dedicated team and really is the best motivation for them to remain committed to their duties, giving their best each day to ensure consistency of our personalized service delivery.

I am thrilled to hear that your family had such a great stay with us, enjoying the surroundings and some of the memorable activities which the Azuero Peninsula offers.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share this warm praise, it was a true pleasure having your family stay at Villa Camilla and I will look forward to your return!

Best regards,

Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Villa Camilla because we now live in Panama and we wanted to visit Pedasi as we had heard so much about this community. The Villa Camilla is a beautiful hotel that is very private and has everything you may need. We were put in a lovely suite which suited us just fine. No TV which was also fine with us as I wanted to swim in the pool. It looked so inviting. We had cocktails in the afternoon upon our arrival and just lounge about relaxing and enjoying the quietness. The staff were all very attentive and the drinks were delicious. We later had a lovely dinner and after that we went swimming. Pool water was perfect. Very clean and just the right temperature. We slept very well that evening, woke up had a terrific breakfast swam some more and then headed down to see the ocean. Lingered there for more than an hour. It was all very nice. We had met the hotel managers and they were very polite and friendly. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Only saw the Bamboo Suite which is where we stayed and it was just lovely.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale M, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Good morning from Pedasi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive thoughts following your recent stay at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel.

It is our goal to provide each and every one of our Guests with warm, courteous and efficient service while they enjoy the tranquility and beauty which this special property offers. In passing the pool after your arrival to the hotel, it was clear that you were having a relaxing afternoon, making the most of our facilities and service. Our wonderful pool is commented on time and time again which along with the serenity of the property and our dedicated staff, form the reasons why so many satisfied Guests choose to return to us.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, which I will be sharing with my team and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Villa Camilla in the future.

With best regards,

Christiansted, St. Croix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We found this place by accident. Love the pebbles in the floors-very creative aesthetic visually. Downside are the odd dining arangements. We were told they couldn't accomodate us for dinner as all the tables were booked for the evening already (there are only three or four tables plus a private dining room). We joined another couple and stayed until late and there were no other diners at all. Spooky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale M, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Greetings from Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I met you in the courtyard and welcomed you to our property as visiting guests, and was pleased to permit you to walk around the property to experience the tranquility of our beautiful surroundings.

Further to your comments regarding dining, I don't recall a reservation being requested, but was aware that you planned to enjoy a glass of wine after seeing the property. The particular evening we had guests in-house as well as an arrival to come and understandably in a property of our size, we do need to give preference to our guests in case they wish to dine with us. We are always flexible and if possible we try our best to accommodate visitors, however it was great that two of our guests invited you to join them for dinner. In passing the table on separate occasions it appeared that you all had a very pleasant evening. At times the restaurant is more occupied than others but there can be a quieter night from time to time, which only adds to the peace and serenity which our guests have come to love about staying at Villa Camilla.

I am pleased that you chose to spend the evening with us but really don't agree that our operation deserves to be referred to as "quirky" and "spooky."

Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I are long time residents in Central America, Costa Rica and now Panama. We have been to many of a hotel in the region, beach, mountain, city. We chose Villa Camilla for a short beach vacation knowing that the builder of this hotel is a famous architect and we were not disappointed by the architecture. The rooms are all different but all have a special feel, comfy beds and luxurious bathrooms. The pool area and grounds are very appealing and give a great relaxing space to pass the time. We loved all the detail in the construction being builders ourselves we appreciate what it takes to build with exquisite detail here in the tropics.

On top of the great place and grounds the staff were so welcoming and extremely well trained with excellent service, food and drinks. Because I had told them it was our anniversary when I made the reservation they did a special decoration of our room that I attach a few photos to share that was so special.

The prices of the rooms are a little high, but well worth it for the accommodations and superb service which is something you don't get often here in Central America. I would recommend this hotel to anyone........ we will be back!

Oh, and they even made us a special cake with a 25 on it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaCamillaPA, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Greetings from Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere thanks for your time taken to post such positive and motivating feedback which has been shared with my entire team.

In addition, thank you for choosing Villa Camilla to celebrate your 25th Anniversary, I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay to mark this special occasion. It was a pleasure meeting you both and engaging in a discussion about tourism in Panama.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know when you plan to make another trip to the Azuero Peninsula as I will be pleased to assist with the arrangements. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the property where you will have another opportunity to fully relax while experiencing our services and warm hospitality.

Remaining with best regards,

Dale Moffitt

Been to Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!