“Our 25th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pedasi
Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel
You added Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Los Destiladeros, Pedasi, Panama (Formerly Villa Camilla Hotel & Resort)   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Pedasi
Panama
“Our 25th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I are long time residents in Central America, Costa Rica and now Panama. We have been to many of a hotel in the region, beach, mountain, city. We chose Villa Camilla for a short beach vacation knowing that the builder of this hotel is a famous architect and we were not disappointed by the architecture. The rooms are all different but all have a special feel, comfy beds and luxurious bathrooms. The pool area and grounds are very appealing and give a great relaxing space to pass the time. We loved all the detail in the construction being builders ourselves we appreciate what it takes to build with exquisite detail here in the tropics.

On top of the great place and grounds the staff were so welcoming and extremely well trained with excellent service, food and drinks. Because I had told them it was our anniversary when I made the reservation they did a special decoration of our room that I attach a few photos to share that was so special.

The prices of the rooms are a little high, but well worth it for the accommodations and superb service which is something you don't get often here in Central America. I would recommend this hotel to anyone........ we will be back!

Oh, and they even made us a special cake with a 25 on it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaCamillaPA, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Greetings from Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere thanks for your time taken to post such positive and motivating feedback which has been shared with my entire team.

In addition, thank you for choosing Villa Camilla to celebrate your 25th Anniversary, I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay to mark this special occasion. It was a pleasure meeting you both and engaging in a discussion about tourism in Panama.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know when you plan to make another trip to the Azuero Peninsula as I will be pleased to assist with the arrangements. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the property where you will have another opportunity to fully relax while experiencing our services and warm hospitality.

Remaining with best regards,

Dale Moffitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was our first visit to Pedasi and Villa Camilla was almost perfect for a three day stay to begin our 10-day Panama vacation after a difficult eight months. It was QUIET!!! (I know, that is a contradiction) It was comfortable. It was self-contained. Beautiful and comfortable room; excellent meal preparation - although we were almost the only guests at meals; bar available at all times; attentive staff and managers; perfect pool and grounds. We needed a first full day of doing nothing and we had a perfect one just reading at the pool while sipping refreshing drinks. Mantis has taken over the management and is working hard to make everything perfect. The architect/developer/designer had a beautiful vision but it sometimes doesn't work practically - for example, the window and door shutters are gorgeous but don't close and moveable screens don't provide the privacy one wants. The manager was responsive to our mini-complaint and I expect that some change will be made before our return in September. The hotel - which has seven rooms - all different, is perfect for couples who want a private getaway with superb service. I expect that the few very minor issues will be handled with dispatch as the managers, Dale and Pauline Moffitt, are very hands-on and attentive to each guest. We will be bringing friends when we return in the fall. The culture is upscale but not stuffy. This hotel is a treat for the senses in all ways.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
villacamillapty, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Mrs. Roth,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing some thoughts pertaining to your recent stay at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel.

It was a true pleasure to meet you and Mr. Roth during your stay. I am pleased that you could take full advantage of the tranquility and feeling of timeless days our property offers, in order to relax and unwind on your well-deserved vacation. Your encouraging comments and satisfaction expressed regarding the hotel's services is most rewarding and I had the pleasure to share this with my team. Our true desire is to provide seamless, undivided attention to each and every Guest that stays with us, and receiving positive comments like yours not only motivates, but also encourages us all to continue striving forward in the pursuit of excellence towards everything we do each day.

In addition, thank you for bringing to my attention the constructive feedback regarding the door shutters in your suite. A good solution to the matter has already been identified and corrective action is being taken so that once you return in September, you will be able to relax and enjoy your choice of accommodation with a feeling of ease and total privacy.

I do look forward to welcoming you both back to Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel in a few months time!

With kind regards,

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We drove for about 5 hours to Pedasi and very much enjoyed the drive. Any vehicle can make the trip on the paved roads. I truly enjoyed the experience of being treated as "the only guest" and the accommodations at the hotel are very beautiful. It has an atmosphere of quiet and serene. The food service was very nice. We had a very nice romantic dinner the first night in the indoor dining room. The second night was also nice next to the pool, serenaded by the sounds of the ocean waves. I stayed at the spacious rooms by the ocean, an easy place to fall asleep to the sounds of the waves hitting the beach. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Thanks to Paulina and her staff for my lovely stay.

Los Montes'

Room Tip: Ensure you visit the town of Pedasi and enjoy what it has to offer.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
villacamillapty, General Manager at Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Greetings from the Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Thank you very much for your positive review, I am delighted to hear about your enjoyable weekend, recently spent at our property.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and I have shared these comments with Paulina and the rest of the team, who give their best efforts each day in order to surprise and exceed the expectations of our valued Guests.

Again, thank you very much for your kind posting and I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Having read the previous Tripadvisor reviews we decided to stay here for a short Azuero break. Having been to Pedasí before I knew the location was good and the Villa Camilla did not disappoint as a Boutique hotel.

First the location - it’s really perfect, just a few meters from the Ocean, (Destilladero´s beach)( I think is spell correctly). The sand is a bit dark but the ocean is great!

The hotel itself is lovely, it is a small boutique hotel (as the name suggests!), so don't expect a lot of people. We stayed on the Hibiscus and the room beautifully decorated in an very interesting old but nice style (if there is such a thing). They are certainly comparable to 4 star hotel, nothing to complain about in the room. It smell natural and clean, the flowers and the paintings are incredible.

Breakfast was a typical, simple continental breakfast with coffee and fruit juices. Nothing inspiring but very pleasant.

Reception staff were very pleasant and they were happy enough to let us wander off with 3 of their umbrellas on the final day when we had some heavy rain, then I found out that there is a umbrella on each room. Lol.
The pool is next to the bar-restaurant and is a large and deep pool, goes up to the gardens area.

Overall I would highly recommend this. We found an excellent deal. A fantastic value hotel in a great location. Highly recommended.

Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

An excellent place with wonderful gardens, silence and relaxation is incomparable, a very helpful staff and the food is quite an experience. undoubtedly Villa Camilla is one of my favorite places to forget the world daily stress, the rooms are very unique, and the sensation of been in paradise is unique.... will be back soon!

Room Tip: Recommend Roble. very spacious room unique furniture...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Even though we did not spend the night our short stay for lunch was delightful. The service was kind and very proffesional. We ate beneath the pool a coconut rissoto with filet mignon and a mango fruit smoothy.

• Stayed May 2012
Greetings from the Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel,

Thank you kindly for your recent review, I was very pleased to receive the posting mentioning your pleasant afternoon spent at our property.

Personalized service and attention to detail is what we really strive for and your kind review is greatly appreciated. Positive feedback is highly motivating to our team and it is most rewarding for me to be able to pass on such praises.

Thank you again for visiting Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future whenever you are in the area again.

With kind regards,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Access to the hotel from the main road is being improved and three new bridges being built, but for the time being as the rainy season is starting, I would suggest a 4x4 to be on the safe side. The Hotel has seven suites and there are also are some beach villas and lofts a little distance away.
My review is of the hotel. In the last few weeks it has been taken over, in terms of management by the Mantis Group. I understand from the new manager Dale Moffitt, they intend to update and make it a more upmarket hotel. In view of the new management it is difficult to offer a constructive assessment as there were many items that needed attention and they have not had time sort them out. As it stands it is a charming property and a delightful location, nice pool and ambiance. They have lost the old chef and until they get a new one, don’t expect gourmet food. It is showing signs of its past as a very upmarket B&B that never moved on. The room had tatty 1971 magazines, only queen beds and no TV, mini bar or fridge. It now needs refurbishment to make it a top class hotel. Having said that, there is nothing bad. It is a great place to stay. But until they sort it out, the price may just be a tad too much for Panama?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Camilla Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!