“Better than it looks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Better than it looks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We walked in and it looked like more of a local hang out than a restaurant. We were told we could take a seat and when we sat down, the place mats had a word search on them. After we ordered our food, we were able to focus on our word search while we waited for food. I had fun with it and our food came before I finished finding all the words which made me happy. I ordered the nachos which were great and very filling. My husband got the soup and sandwich and he helped me finish my nachos. It wasn't the best service but our waiter was as friendly as he could be. After we came in, he was trying to help us and about four other tables so in my opinion, he was doing the best he could. The food was good and the gift shop was cute.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Union Center, South Dakota
“Very marginal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

If we had actually stayed at the Lodge, we would have gone back to Custer and bought our own groceries. Salmon with BBQ sauce was marginal. Reuben was marginal and was glad I didn't use the mayo provided-it was spoiled. Wait staff is "just there" and not very good. Maybe it was the time of day and the particular concessionaire's shift, but will not recommend nor return to this place. Looking at the reviews for the other Lodges in Custer State Park, this location has a definite problem.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wautoma, Wisconsin
“Great food, okay service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our party ate breakfast on our last day in the park at the Legion Lake Lodge. The food was delicious, but the service was a bit slow and it seems that the waiters didn't understand our requests. Two of the sides we ordered were never delivered. The biscuits and gravy were the best, according to everyone!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I would not eat here again. Service was not the best. Ordered cheeseburger and fries. Meat was raw inside the burger. My husband is usually not that particular, but in this case he said he could not eat it. Cook brought out another burger (which was better, but still pink) and apologized. They did drop a dollar off our meal, but overall, this place is lacking in a lot of ways.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Not worth the money; poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family ate here in August, 2013. When we walked into restaurant, we were not greeted despite two employees standing at the cash register talking. We sat ourselves and waited for a server. No one came. Finally, I approached an employee and asked for menus. Our server was not very friendly and seemed to be bothered we were there. The food was ok at best. Would not visit again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Legion Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Legion Lake Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.