“Bitten by bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Custer
Boise, Idaho
“Bitten by bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

It was a horrible experience, both my legs were bitten by bed-bugs. When I reported to the morning manager, he couldn't care less. He has a bad attitude. As if the whole incident was my fault. Be aware of bed bugs if you do stay here. If I were you I will not take the risk.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
daysinncuster, Webmaster at Days Inn Custer, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Custer for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you like the location.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of possible bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and to see to their elimination.

• Manager received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Custer. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's one block from main street which was nice but the staff was not friendly at all. Wouldn't even look up from the desk when you walked in the door. Continental breakfast was okay but you had to make your own eggs, sausage ect which would have been fine if it wasn't so busy. Went our for breakfast most mornings because it took to long to make some at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• I am glad that you found our breakfast ok.

Olathe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I guess you are paying for the location at the hotel. It has 2 floors and no elevator, rooms were small and it just seemed all around unprofessional. The manager/owner? wanted to charge us extra for our 13 & 15 year old children. I made the reservation through Hotwire. He spent 10 minutes complaining to me when we checked out about how much he didn't like Hotwire. I had to put a deposit upon check-in on our credit card for incidentals, but he did end up not charging us for our children since I had reserved the room for 2 adults/2 children through Hotwire. He did refund our deposit at the end of the stay. There is no pool. The breakfast was more than adequate--a few cereals, coffee, oatmeal, toast/toaster, waffle maker, griddle with eggs and sausage available to cook, juices. The owner/manager was helpful upon check-out and gave us suggestions on a scenic drive. I would stay in another nearby town. I think you could get better quality for your money.

Room Tip: I would stay in a different town than Custer, SD.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• I am glad that you find the breakfast adequate. The owner/ Manager were informing about the nice comment you made.

Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

After seeing some reviews we were hesitant to stay here but as in the past we've learned that some people are expecting the Ritz Carlton for Motel 6 prices.
The room was clean, the manager was very friendly, the location is excellent being right near downtown Custer.
The biggest surprise was breakfast. When most places say free contiental breakfast you figure donuts and coffee. This place had an electric skillet with eggs, sausage and pancakes available. We were pleasantly surprised.
We would stay here again. Did I mention the manager was excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I also was a little leary after reading the reviews. But since I noticed most were over a year old, we went on. I'm glad we did. The hotel was fine. The room was great and all was clean. Best of all the management was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

To whom it make concern, I would like to commend you on the kindest manager/owner of the Custer SD Days Inn. My husband was unexpectedly hospitalized while we celebrated our 40th anniversary and I had to quickly move from one location to this one to be closer to my husband. C.J. was so concerned and offered me rides to the hospital if need be (I don't drive), I was to contact him day or night if I needed anyghing, etc. This attitude in customer service put my husband and me at ease (I also work in customer service field.). Even thought I did not take him up on his offers it was comforting to know someone cared.

Please know of this wonderful Days Inn manager.

Claudia

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

After reading past reviews I was very wary of staying at this hotel, but we were impressed.
The room was spacious and clean (there was a few small pieces of paper on the floor which I put down to the cleaners not vacuuming after every guest, something they should start doing). The furniture could use updating, the bathroom looked relatively new, and if it wasn't, then it was certainly cleaned well to look that way.
But the most impressive thing to us was the staff. The same person checked us in and out and was very polite. When we checked out, he asked us where we were heading, gave us a map and highly recommended going a different route to what we had planned, and even suggested an alternative route over 100miles away. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have gone through the Custer State Park (Cannot recommend it highly enough).
Would definitely stay here again, and it's also relatively cheap.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Custer? Share your experiences!