“Happy with this Campground” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaver Lake Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Custer
Beaver Lake Campground
You added Beaver Lake Campground to your Saves list
12005 West U.S. Hwy 16, Custer, SD 57730   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Custer
Livonia, Michigan
“Happy with this Campground”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We made this our base camp for touring western SD and eastern Wyoming. We were here for five nights. The campground is just off the highway, and is well shaded. Our campsite was large, and level. It was at the top of the hill, so it was interesting getting the camper up there. The staff helped us back up, and were very friendly.
There are rabbits galore here, and it gave the place a country feel. There is a pool waterslide, cabins, store etc.
The staff always treated us well, and answered our questions about the area. They made recommendations for dining, and didn't steer us wrong.
Quiet time is after 10PM, and there were some very loud children at the playground. But once 10 hit, all was quiet.
We stayed at KOA's during our travels, but are very glad that we chose this campground for the major portion of our trip.

Would definitely stay again, and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

For starters the office closes @ 8 pm we arrived at 8:03 and the woman rolled her eyes and stated "I guess I'm not leaving on time today". We confirmed our dates, paid, left, setup, and upon review of the invoice we realized we paid for an extra night. The next morning I stopped in the office to inform them of the error and was immediately advised of the "policy" and the extra night was non refundable. I interjected that our dates never changed and instead of correcting it I was told I was wrong. We later found the email corroborating our story and they gave us an in house credit. The bathrooms are clean, they have an average pool. The (1) water slide isn't included it's priced as if they have 3-4 slides. Typical of a campground the ice and wood are overpriced. The awning covered picnic tables came in handy during the hail storm we encountered. Overall a decent place, just rude and policy driven not customer driven. If I were to visit the area in the future I would NOT return to this establishment.

Oregon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Clean, decent bathrooms. Price was quite fair. Rabbits galore that the kids love to try and pet and entice with food. This is not a wilderness campground. The RV sites seemed very close together but I am comparing to wilderness at Molly Stark state park in Vermont. You do have to pay extra for waterside wrist band which I wasn't aware of. Staying here for the waterside alone if you have kids is well worth it (my 4 yr old who is very timid loved going down it with me). Quiet time was supposed to be 10 pm I believe but there was loud talking at the campsite next to us that kept us up past that time.

• Stayed July 2014
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Excellent service. We had some trouble enroute to Custer and had to check in well after hours. cindy and her husband took great care of us, opened up to check us in and guided us to the site in the dark. Stayed two nights and this is by far our favorite campground we've stayed at on or trip across country. Kids loved the playground, use of free bikes, and the bunnies. It's conveniently located near all the local tourist attractions but you aren't slammed into a cookie cutter campground like most places. Lots of greenery and space around each site. Multiple options: cabins, tent sites, rv back in and pull throughs with full or partial hookups and a dump station if needed. Also provide multiple amenities. We will be back!

Cypress TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Beautiful setting with lots of big trees, a nice playground and the kids are really enjoying the waterslide. The staff is friendly and helpful. And as an added attraction - there are bunnies everywhere that let you feed them animal crackers.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I called and made reservations for 2 motorhomes. I called back within hours to cancel and 12 days before we were to arrive. Tammy charged me a cancellation fee! Explained to Tammy that I had just called a few hours earlier and it was 12 days before we were supposed to arrive. Tammy refused to waive the fee. A few days later I got an email concerning the cancellation fee ---the amount she had charged for the cancellation was four (4) times the amount she quoted me on the phone. I called Tammy back and expained that I had not received the refund amount she quoted me. She proceeded to tell me that they had confused me with another guest who had cancelled the exact same sites that I had cancelled. This sounds very fishy to me. She did agree to only charge me the first amount and refund me the difference. I guess Tammy is hoping people don't check their statements to verify she has charged and or refunded them the correct amount.
I would check every available campground before booking a site here, even if this one is more convenient. If you have to stay here be sure to check your statements to verify you were charged correctly!!!! BEWARE OF CANCELLATION FEES--This campground will not refund entire amount no matter what and then not refund the amount quoted.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Clean restrooms & showers; grass beside each parking area; not crowded together; electricity, sewer fine; water pressure fine. Staff friendly. Area quiet. Nice pool and water slide for kids. I had a small water leak in my shower and turned off the water while I departed to get repair material. I could not remember if I turned off the water, so called their front desk. They sent someone to check with no problem. We are glad we stayed with them.

Room Tip: Entrance is from the main highway but Garmin for some reason could not locate it even though they ar...