“Exquisite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Redfield, South Dakota
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We asked a few locals what the best place to eat for dinner was and this was the place! We ordered the best stroghanoff I had ever had and their desserts are unique. The house salad was very fresh and the soup of the day was yummy! Highly recommend this place! The only thing I think could be improved would be the loudness of the place.

• Visited October 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

After walking around Custer, we were not expecting a whole lot in the way of up-scale food. We were pleasantly surprised at Sage Grill. It has a nice atmosphere--clean cut or some might say stripped down. Was crowded the night we were there-- a Saturday but our waitress was attentive and the food was very good. Had a salad and a pasta-- both very good and my husband had a very satisfying burger. Worth the visit for sure.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minot, North Dakota
“Truely amazing~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am not sure how this isn't the #1 rated restaurant in town. The food is unparalleled and the service was fantastic! I was so happy we stopped here. We left full and happy! My husband had a burger and I had the special a smothered chicken. The mushroom soup was the best mushroom soup I have ever eaten. There was a minor problem with my overly picky daughter's meal and they were more than happy to jump on it and fix. For that we were grateful. All around a great dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lytton
“Fantastic Buffalo Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have eaten at the Sage Creek Grille in Custer, S.D. a number of times and have never been disappointed. I have become very fond of their buffalo burger and highly recommend it along with the fried potatoes. When my wife and I have eaten there we never leave the table hungry and always find their wine and beer lists quite inviting. While the prices can be considered a little on the expensive side we have had a lot worse for a whole lot more. The wait staff were very friendly and quite helpful every time we have been there. My only other suggestion would be if you love Burger King and want to try something different then the Sage Grille might not be for you since most of there menu is based on real ingredients and their prices might be a little higher then what your used to so I would suggest you try McDonalds.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice dinner in a one-horse town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Enjoyed my dinner dining experience. The restaurant was busy but not overflowing. I sat at the bar and ordered my drink and dinner. Was disappointed that they didn't have a regular beef burger, they only had buffalo meat, and after having a close-up moment that morning with some buffalo, couldn't bear the thought of eating one. Sage Grill has a small but nice menu, with half a dozen entrees and some sandwiches, which come with your choice of potatoes (delicious roasted potato chunks with onions) or soup--that night, a creamy, well-seasoned pumpkin soup was the special soup, and it counterbalanced the chill in the night air.

Portions were decent. My only complaint is that the service at the bar was lacking. I had trouble getting the waitress's attention (just to get another napkin) and she didn't come over and ask how things were, or even acknowledge me once she brought my food. It mystified me that my single seat at the bar was oerlooked...the place wasn't THAT crowded.

Visited September 2013

Been to Sage Creek Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sage Creek Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.