“gourmet food on the edge of town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Volcan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Skagit valley, Washington
“gourmet food on the edge of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were the only guests the afternoon we chose to try Cerro Brujo. The restaurant was just a little hard to find, but keep looking! It's great! The chef was preparing for a special banquet inside, so we ate on the covered porch. Besides eating delicious food we were drawn to a project the chef has teaching cooking skills and nutrition to an underserved population. She is a very special person, and a first class chef.

Visited December 2012

Houston, Texas
“Fit for foodies in the Highlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Where to start....

Although the location is not easy to find, when we called, Patricia, the owner and chef directed us very clearly to a tucked away beautiful Spanish influence house. The tables were all wood worked and handmade. We knew rut away this was a promising experience.

An ardoise was brought to us with the menu which was carefully explained and how all the ingredients were selected and utilized.

Warm bread and garden herb flavored butter were served immediately.

We had lamb and chicken and an appetizer of provolone grilled with a herb aioli and balsamic reduction. The plates were well put together with flowers and portions were well calculated.

We had a chat with the Patricia and she explained where the meet comes from and the different influences she uses to create her daily menu.

The pricing is not fit for budget travelers as it sits around 15 - 23 for a main course. But amazing combination of ingredients and textures - it is well worth it.

We highly recommend this restaurant and hope to return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wallace, California
“Beyond Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This system forced me to indicate a different date, but I was there last November, that is November 2011. I asked a taxi driver where if he could take me there, because I had no idea where it was. The cab driver said the road was too rough, and that would need to get someone who used a 4x4 truck for a taxi, which he helped me do. It turned out that the restaurant was only a short distance from the paved highway, about one kilometer. It is a mystery to me why the first cab driver didn't take me there. Part of the road was unpaved and a bit rough, but I'm sure I could have driven my Toyota Camry there with just the slightest bit of care. It wasn't a bad road at all, although some timid drivers who have never driven off the pavement may be a little intimidated by it. Just drive very slow, and try to avoid the potholes. After eating and enjoying a relaxed visit with the proprietor/chef, Patricia Miranda Allen, I walked back to the hostel I was staying at across the park from the Volcan police station. It was a pleasant walk, and although it was dark I didn't feel at risk. The meal was so good that I walked back the following night for another of one of the best meals I've had, and more friendly conversation with not only Patricia, but other customers to whom I was introduced. I am hoping to be able to visit this restaurant again next month in January of 2013. I can hardly wait! It is a wonderful place to eat!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice cozy place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to go because of the good reviews this place got...but one of the negative things is the location. We have to go asking people around to find the place because is not nearby the town but have to go in a stoney road far away from the city like half mile from the main road to found that little house and at night is a little bit scary. Once you got there the food and the familiarity is excellent. Homemade food and the plus side is they harvest the vegetables and spices from their own garden making everything very fresh. It keeps changing the menu everyday depending of what they got.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Volcan, Panama
“Cerro brujo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Patricia the host is a first class gourmet chef and the food is incredable, a bit pricy but great place for to take a partner for a romantic night.