“New Orleans has the best food in the world!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Orleans

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
New Orleans
Directions
New Orleans, LA
MANHATTAN BEACH, CALIFORNIA
“New Orleans has the best food in the world!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

New Orleans, Louisiana has by far the best tasting food in the world! I have traveled to Europe, Mexico, all over the States and Canada and have never been more impressed with the taste, selection and quality of food as I have been in New Orleans. No matter what priced-restaurant you go to, you will be pleased. Some of my favorites for sure are the Beignets. Cafe Du Monde is the famous spot for Beignets and Chicory Coffee but there are some other spots that sell them as well as in Cafe Beignet,and they are just as good there. The Acme Oyster House has delicous barbequed oysters as well as other fare on their menu that is just as good and it's not pricey at all. Deanie's Seafood in the French Quarter has the best fried fish I have every tasted and the portions are humongous!!!!!! I had the best duck sandwich, hot german potatoe salad and chilled cucumber soup at a bar no less, their bar food was amazing and with hundreds of beers from around the world, how could you go wrong at the Avenue Pub on St Charles Street. The best ice cream in New Orleans is at the Creole Creamery on Prytania St., they have so many creamy flavors you won't know which ones to sample some with lavender, saffron and red pepper but there are traditional flavors as well. A nice breakfast spot is called Eat Restaurant in the French Quarter. Everything is fresh and organic and the fried green tomatoes and country grits with bisquits are yummy! And you must try a Pimm's Cup at the Napoleon House in the Quarter, they are so refreshing in the New Orlean's heat and it's the oldest bar in town. And one of the best hamburgers I have ever tasted was next to the The Boot Bar, Tulane's campus bar and the inside eatery is called the Dough Bowl. I hear their pizza is good too. Really any restaurant you venture into in the Big Easy will satisfy your desire for great food filled with spices, sauces, traditon and southern soul. You can't go wrong with a trip to New Orleans, Louisiana for a sampling of the best food in the world!!!!!.

Atlanta, Georgia
“New Orleans”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

The heat and humidity was very uncomfortable. Most of the city that I saw was not clean and looked very old and run-down. Not a place I'd like to live, visiting for 5 days was more than enough.

chicago, il
“Road Trip with the girls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

This was my second time to New Orleans and I love it! I really enjoyed the culture and people there. It was great to experience a different New Orleans this trip. I went with my four favorite ladies and we partied on Bourbon Street and walk the French Quarters. We stay in the Garden District and did some shopping on Magazine Street. There were some great little cafes to eat at and awesome little antique shops. If you are going to New Orleans I highly suggest having lunch or dinner at Landry's Seafood House. It has excellent seafood and a great atmosphere.

Lusby, Maryland
“Stinky New Orleans”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

The city was not what I expected. It smelled horrible. The smell of the city hit you as soon as you walked out of the hotel. The food not as good as I hoped. My favorite place to eat was Gordon Biersch Brewery. I traveled with my 10 month old and we enjoyed the aquarium. There is definitely not much to do downtown at night besides eat and watch drunks. I wouldn't visit again on my own dime.

KY
“Good Times in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We arrived late in the afternoon and immediately went to our hotel. We got a corner room with an excellent view of Canal Street! We toured Bourbon and Royal Street and had a great meal at Margarittaville! The next day was full steam ahead as we started out by buying a Visiticket that allowed us to tour several things for one price. We started at the French Market, then went to Mardi Grais World. We had lunch on the Steamboat Natchez as we traveled down the river. I especially enjoyed the historical narrative. Nice! Next we went to the Audobon Zoo to try and feed the giraffes. It is a very pretty zoo. They started early and we missed it by only a few minutes! Our tour of New Orleans ended with a visit to the Drestan Plantation which was my oldest daughter's favorite. It was a rushed trip but great!

Been to New Orleans? Share your experiences!