“Good Times in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

New Orleans
Directions
New Orleans, LA
KY
“Good Times in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We arrived late in the afternoon and immediately went to our hotel. We got a corner room with an excellent view of Canal Street! We toured Bourbon and Royal Street and had a great meal at Margarittaville! The next day was full steam ahead as we started out by buying a Visiticket that allowed us to tour several things for one price. We started at the French Market, then went to Mardi Grais World. We had lunch on the Steamboat Natchez as we traveled down the river. I especially enjoyed the historical narrative. Nice! Next we went to the Audobon Zoo to try and feed the giraffes. It is a very pretty zoo. They started early and we missed it by only a few minutes! Our tour of New Orleans ended with a visit to the Drestan Plantation which was my oldest daughter's favorite. It was a rushed trip but great!

Selmer, TN
“IIt;s coming back slowly but surely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We drove to Nrlns on Sept 12 for a Cruise on the Fantasy starting on the 13th. I was surprised at the conditiion of the French Quarter.]

Stayed at the Marriott and rooms were Great!! As usual we had drinks (Hurricanes) and then off to a wonderful Cajun dinner at Michaels (wonderful Seafood Gumbo) as well as the entree's.

Next morning did a little shopping and had Biegnes at Cafe Du Monde.

It was a great trip and we plan to visit Nrlns again in the near future.

nelly1129
“LOVE NEW ORLEANS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I made 3 trips to New Orleans in the last year and a half and fell in love with the place and its people! I went for business, helping to plan a youth gathering for 37,000 Lutheran teenagers, but had so much fun! The food, awesome! The entertainment, awesome! Attractions, awesome! I've never eaten so much seafood in my life, practically every meal for 10 days straight. We got to go on a bus tour of the damage from Katrina which was an amazing learning experience, very humbling and really got a different view of what happened according to the media. Can't wait to go back purely for fun and do some tours.

Birmingham,al
“New Orleans is My kind of Town!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I spent my birthday in " The Big Easy"
and We had a wonderful time , It started off by having our rooms taken because Harrah's overbooked the hotel , My frist thought was to get mad be instead , I grabbed my bags and walked across the street to the Hilton , where the staff was so kind and they upgraded our room to a Jr.suite , it was so big I could have thrown a party in it ! We walked down to bourbon street and ate seafood and danced in and out of night clubs, without getting drunk , we just enjoyed the city, We felt safe even late into the night, everyone should go to new roleans at least once , put it on your "Bucket list", I plan to spend every birthday there from now on.

Chicago
“New Orleans - Great Attitude!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Never have I met people so appreciative; just a woderful attitude the residents have. If you want to feel special, visit New Orleans.

Been to New Orleans? Share your experiences!