“Great food, great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can't say enough about the food, they have daily special platters, we went on a tuesday so it was braised veal, very good. The corn grits were perfect, and all at the table raved about the quality of the food, if you're not into veal I recommend the Salmon. desert was off the hook, plan to split it with someone. Its within walking distance from downtown if you are in good shape and don'e mind the walk, but there is plenty of parking out back, the neighborhood is ok and the car was safe, we saw many taxis pull up to the front with tourists. Service was outstanding. I highly recommend, and didn't know it was a chain, will be looking for more.

Visited June 2013

93% Recommend
New York City, New York
“It's not just meat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Really pleasant staff. Great specialty drinks. The spinach app and the Thai ribs were great. Although it seems like the meat dishes would be the obvious choice here, we had the catfish and Salmon entrees, which were both delicious. The place is right on the St. Charles line so there's no excuse not to get out of the Quarter and try this place. You have to pay attention or you might miss it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Zea Rostisserie....Good Luck On finding a better deal in NOLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've eaten meals in more than 30 different countries as well as all 48 different states.I'm a certified ribologist and steak man, so i have little experience in eating great food. But, I look for more than just great in a restaurant, but the food is what i know, so my rating is 95% about the food.

This place is excellent, the food is second to none. We arrived on a Thursday at 7 PM and there was no wait, which surprised me, because my wife picked this place after it was recommended by a few friends. her friends usually pick very upper class type restaurants.

The wait staff was great from beginning to end and knew their food. The drinks are large and the alcohol is very cheap for size that they serve.

We were shown our seats upon arrival and I like the large seating arrangements, you actually had space to move your elbows without touching you neighbors. I ordered the Thai Ribs, my wife ordered the balsamic Salmon and my son ordered Rostisserie Chicken. I was stunned at the portion sizes for all of us, large and plentiful.

The Thai Ribs, (I've actually lived in Thailand and the Ribs are not like this) were as tasteful as a rib can get. The are dry rub, meaning that you have to make an effort to make them taste good, not just plop a large dosage of sauce on them. The ribs were falling off the bones and every bite gave you the same taste, which is unusual for ribs. The salmon weighed at least 12 ounces, which is a very large portion for the price. My son's portion was too large for a nine-year-old, but he loved the chicken and my wife raved about her salmon. She has 45-years experience of eating seafood being from Maryland and living all over the world.

The sides were large regular portions, not your typical spoonful of sides. The red beans and rice does New Orleans proud.

If you only have time for one meal while in New Orleans.....this is the place.

The only negative that i saw here was that there really is no kids menu, you would think they would shrink the adult menu, but they don't cater to families unless the families have adult children. Also, they could improve the lighting, like make it brighter, but don't touch the cooking.
Great cooking needs to be seen, smelled and tasted, Zea does 2 of 3 very well.

Check this place out and the price is very reasonable.

Cheers
Maryland vacation

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

What a great find! Valet parking, no wait beautiful clean decour and delicious food at reasonable prices!! What more can you possibly ask for! The rotisserire chicken and ribs were fall off the bone delicious! The Zea potatoes were tasty and the buttered sweet potatoes were fabulous! Try the thai snap peas- yummy!!
When in New Orleans this is a must!

Ottawa, Canada
“Really enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try this restaurant after reading all the good write-ups and hearing good things about the place. It definately did not disappoint. The food was fabulous and the service was fast and prices were very reasonable for what you receive! Our server, Mitchell, made our evening extra enjoyable because of his friendly and humerous personality. He was kind to give us recommendations on the menu such as the Duck Appetizers and the BBQ Chicken & Thai Ribs. The food was excellent and the portion was so large that we split the main course. Mitchell even gave us some tips on other places we should visit while here in New Orleans which was a great help. You could tell he loves his city! Would highly recommend this restaurant and will definately try and go again before we leave. What's handy is you can take the St. Charles Trolley to and from this restaurant from Canal Street if you find it too far to walk (I think it is a half hour walk). Only costs $1.50 each way. Worth the trip!

• Visited June 2013