“Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antebellum Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Antebellum Guest House
Save Saved
You added Antebellum Guest House to your Saves list
1333 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, LA (Mid-City)   |
Ranked #24 of 146 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited New Orleans over the 4th of July weekend and had the pleasure of staying with Keith and Art at the Antebellum Guest House. Keith was a wonderful host and is very knowledgeable about the history of the area. You can tell he puts his heart into the B&B and the experience he shares with his guests. The daily breakfast is amazing!!

I highly recommend Antebellum Guest House and I will definitely be back next time I go to New Orleans! 5 stars!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Can we give 6 stars? Ten? Everything others say is true: period breakfasts to die for; hosts who are welcoming, fascinating, helpful, funny, and difficult to leave; a house that overflows atmosphere, yet offers attention to detail. Solid value for cost. More than a place to stay, we found it to be a destination in itself, as enjoyable as anything else in the city. Keith felt like a friend before we arrived, and he and Art didn't disappoint. This is an old house with small imperfections to be expected in a building its age (yet comfortable A/C and no shortage of hot water). For sterile "perfection," stay elsewhere. For character, history, location, and the real Nawlins deal, stay here. Ask about the owners' Katrina experience. Our visit was our honeymoon, and the venue exceeded every expectation.

Room Tip: Queen rooms were filled, so Keith gave us the 2BR suite at the room rate. Website photos and descrip...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to take my boyfriend to New Orleans for his Birthday since he had never been. I read a lot of reviews and decided I wanted a bed and breakfast, not a hotel. The reviews about Keith's breakfast are what sold me and we were not disappointed. From beginning to end he was a great host. He welcomed us with the grand tour of the home which was beautiful with high ceilings and decor from the 1800's. it truly felt like we were stepping back in time. He carried my heavy suitcase up to our room which was the 2 bedroom since that's all that was available. The decor was very eclectic , the kitchen and bathroom were quite simple but suited our needs just fine. We had a coffee maker and he even got me the creamer I wanted since he was going to the store. The bed was like sleeping in a cloud it was so comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower too.

Now for the breakfast!! Wow, every morning was a culinary delight with 3 courses. Fruit, then pastry ,then main course . Afterwards you will feel like you need a nap. And this is no regular fruit cup I can assure you. I'm still dreaming of the cherry turnover that was fresh and hot. I could go on and on about the food but I will post pictures instead. Suffice it to say you are nice and satiated to head off on your adventures. We weren't hungry again until 2 pm.

Keith also gave us a lot of good advice on where to go. On Saturday he sent us off on the bikes there to go to the sculpture garden which was beautiful. Art joined us at breakfast one day and had some great stories to tell.

The location was great. We enjoy walking so most of the time we walked back and forth from the French quarter. Only once or twice we took a taxi and it was only $6.

All in all it was a great stay! One more thing, I left my phone charger in the room and he mailed it back to me immediately. Keith works really hard and you can tell he really loves what he does. Thanks for all the hospitality!

• Stayed April 2013
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Bordello room itself is only average, although it has lots of atmosphere and is very clean. Not a place to spend a lot of time. It is everything else about the place that is why you should stay there. The location is very good, just outside the French Quarter in a quiet neighbourhood, The house has been beautifully restored, with 14 foot ceilings and fantastic chandeliers in the parlour and dining room. But it is the host, Keith, who puts it over the top. He is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, and genuinely interested in getting to know his guests without being at all intrusive. His breakfasts are wonderful, and he takes great pride in presenting local dishes in style. Even with its shortcomings, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend The Antebellum House.

Room Tip: The Bordello Room is just average, but has lots of atmosphere and is very clean. Access is from the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were very impressed with our room, the home itself, and especially the breakfast. Keith, our host was amazing, the courtyard is to die for and even has a hot tub. I highly recommend that your next stay in New Orleans be here!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Absolutely fantastic hosts, with breakfasts that you will not believe and a gorgeous house. You will learn a ton about N.O. history from chatting with Keith, and he's also right there with restaurant recommendations, bikes to borrow, ideas for day trips, etc. Art is equally terrific, and there is no question that we will be staying here again and every time we're in New Orleans. In the spirit of helping others make an informed decision, I'll acknowledge that wifi was unavailable in our room (but worked fine in the common areas), and it is a 30-minute walk through the Quarter if you are at a conference on Canal or something. But anyone deterred by that doesn't deserve to stay at the Antebellum. :-) Wish I could give it more stars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I decided to do something special for our 25th anniversary. We are so glad we chose Antebellum Guest House. Keith is an excellent host and makes you feel like family. His breakfasts are absolutely wonderful. My husband is a chef and he loved everything. Keith's attention to detail in his breakfasts and the beautiful decor of the house is perfection.

He is a great conversationalist as well. We often spent an hour or two at the breakfast table because he has so many interesting stories to tell about New Orleans and his own life.I really can't add anything new to what has been said in previous posts, but I just couldn't go without leaving a glowing review. We are not creatures of habit when it comes to our travels, but I am already hoping to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Antebellum Guest House? Share your experiences!