“Great location, attentive staff. Hotel is well maintained...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans to your Saves list
Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #72 of 153 hotels in New Orleans

815 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Hotel is clean, service from staff was excellent, especially Ryan the bell person. Riverfront is central to some great places off the beaten path, everything is within walking distance. Large hotel that can hold many for large groups or people who like roomy hotels. There's not much going on as far as amenities, but the hotel has great internet and a basic fitness room that held us over that was included in our stay. The restaurant was impressive, however closes a little early. Nightlife in the area is an gem being lively, quiet and respectful all at the same time . Minor improvements or upgrades need to be made for TV, bedding, and finishes in room as well as the bathroom. Would recommend Riverfront for a short trip/business stay, not a honeymoon. Enjoyed the experience non the less and looking forward to coming back in the future to an even better experience.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the back of building, for low floors where its not overlooking the neighborhood powe...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan-FDManager, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am pleased you found comfort in both the hotel as well as our wonderful Warehouse District neighborhood. We will continue to work on improving our hotel so that your next stay with us will be even better than the first. My hope is that our improvements will compel you to give us that fifth star after your next stay!
Saline, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Good: The convention center is a stone's throw away from this Wyndham hotel, very convenient to reach by foot. When you've spent an entire day standing on the convention hall floor or walking around, it's very nice to have your hotel this close. We had nothing but good service from the staff at every interaction. They were courteous and helpful, always serving us with a smile.
The Less Good: First, the price of both the overnight and the restaurant is high, much higher than the quality of either would demand. Don't get me wrong- the food isn't bad, but $36 for two people to enjoy a simple breakfast? The rooms are dated and although ours was cleaned properly, there was a large old stain in the carpet near the door. The water pressure was so-so, and that was at various times of the morning, including 4:00 a.m. The hotel has very, very limited amenities, including a lack of a proper bar or a decent sized lobby. The exercise room is small, though at the times I exercised I never had to wait for equipment.
Summary: If you are traveling to New Orleans on business at the convention center, this would be a good choice if money is no option. However, if you are looking for something closer to 'the action' or a hotel that doesn't require you to leave to enjoy a reasonably-priced meal, this isn't one I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ryan-FDManager, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am pleased that our staff provided you with such a high level of service, and that you were able to utilize our fitness center with no difficulty. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding prices and restaurant prices. We will keep your concerns in mind as we plan for the future.
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our experience was just fine... Had we paid for a 2-store hotel off the beaten path. Water pressure was bad, coffee maker didn't work well (hard to start and leaked everywhere), paint job was sloppy (mix-matched patch jobs), bed had a plastic protector that squeaked and made it uncomfortable, weight room was limited... Again, I'd have no complaint had this been a motor motel off the interstate, but I'm sure downtown NOLA has better to offer for the price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan-FDManager, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry you had such an experience at our hotel. I assure you, we work tirelessly to exceed our guests' expectations, and the number of concerns you had during your stay alarms me. I have already taken steps to ensure the room in question receives a full inspection before resale. If you would care to discuss your stay in person, feel free to contact me at 504-524-8200.
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

First the good. Location is close to the convention center, cruise ships and French Quarter. Complimentary coffee in the early morning is very good, staff was friendly and eager to please. Large room (proably 12*40).
Disappointing: Inconsistent breakfast service. Morning 1) $12 Eggs, two pieces of bread toasted, potatoes with onions and peppers. Morning 2) $12 Eggs, 1 piece of bread toasted, potatoes. Lack of consistency.
The Bad: The large room was sparsely outfitted. 1 king size bed, 1 arm chair, one desk chair (and desk). The king size mattress was past its prime with a rather large hump in the middle. There was no Microwave, no mini-fridge, no where to sit (like a couch). The large room had 4 lamps - two by the bed. One on the desk and one in the corner. Each lamp had a 60 watt bulb that barely lit the space (hard to read by that arm chair). The TV was a flat screen connected to analog. Picture was un-watchable for many stations, felt like I was back home in the 70's before cable tv was available (I didn't pack rabbit ears). The hotel claimed to be green "hang your towels for re-use", which is something I always do, the hotel supplied one knob on the back of the bathroom door. one towel bar on the shower. Would it have been hard to add a towel bar on one of the bare walls?

If you want "super 8" style rooms at 4x the cost this is the place for you.

Windham: Add microwaves, lighting, mini-fridge, towel bars, digital cable, maybe a few bagels in the morning... I will not be a return customer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Firstly, I would like to apologize that you felt that the room lacked some of the amenities you were expecting. Your suggestions are reasonable and logical, and I will be sure to pass them on to our hotel manager for consideration. I would like to thank you for acknowledging the positive aspects of your stay, such as the location and staff. I hope you will reconsider your decision to not return, as we are always finding ways to improve our product.
Gardendale, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

After I arrived I realized I stay here one other time yrs ago. This was a pre night before a cruise. Its not that far from Bourbon St. and the port. I couldn't beat the price for a good clean place. The staff was very helpful. Next time I will stay here again

Room Tip: Great place for a pre cruise or just hanging out in New Orleans
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ryan-FDManager, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! It's wonderful that our location worked out well for you. I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly and the hotel rate to be appropriate. I look forward to your return visit, when we will do our absolute best to give a repeat performance.

Been to Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans? Share your experiences!