“Don't Leave Valuables In Your Room - December, 2012” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans to your Saves list
Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #72 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Newnan, Georgia, United States
“Don't Leave Valuables In Your Room - December, 2012”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The room was clean, for the most part the staff was friendly and nice. The hotel is conveniently located, a short walk to Riverfront, Hara's and Burbon St. The valet parking in quiet expensive. (I called for my car only once during my stay, the rest of the time it stayed parked) However the only issue that I had and I feel was a big one... each evening I would empty my pockets on the night stand, having a pocket full of change each night I left it there. The fourth evening when I came back to the room, all my change was gone (about 5 to 6 dollars). Not a lot of money, but if the housekeeping staff will steal your change, then they will take anything. To the best of my knowledge, thankfully, I couldn't find anything else missing. I went down to the front desk to report it. The night clerk assured me that he would give the message to the manager. The next morning just before checking out, I went back to the front desk, the manager told me that he was just about to call me. Had he waited any longer, I would have been gone. The best that he offered me was "If I liked, he would give me five dollars to cover my loss", as if I should actually be complaining that one of his staff stole from my room. I was quiet dissapointed that he didn't take this a little more serious. I didn't take his money, I just took a lesson learned. The room didn't have a safe, so if you choose to stay here, be sure not to leave anything valuable in your room.

Room Tip: chose a rom with a safe
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan-FDManager, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry for not clearly expressing my concern for the circumstances of your stay. We do take such situations seriously, and I have passed on your concerns to both the hotel manager and the executive housekeeper. If you wish to discuss the matter further or offer us the opportunity to regain your goodwill, please don't hesitate to contact myself or the hotel manager at 504-524-8200.

815 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice and exactly as described. Parking prices were horrendous but we expected that. Location great and staff helpful. Very close to trolley to get to Garden District and French Quarter. Directly across from Mississippi River and Riverwalk. Would have liked a safe and refrigerator but was not available in room.

Room Tip: Did not get to pick the room and our room overlooked the checkin area. Would have been nice to get...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for positive review on TripAdvisor. We are always pleased when we are able to make a guest's stay a memorable one. I will be discussing your suggestions about room preference with the front desk team. We hope to make your next stay with us even better!
Huron, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Before heading off on our cruise the previous Sunday, we had a bad experience at another hotel in the area and opted not to book our return night there. We did some looking around and found the Wyndham Riverfront.

It was within walking distance of the French Quarter and the cruise port, which was important since we were not going to have a rental car.

We made a call and verified the rates and asked about early check-in, as we would be arriving from our ship around 10am. They said they couldn’t’ guarantee it but it may be possible.

Upon arriving, we checked in and were told that while, our room wasn’t ready yet, it should be by 1pm and we could check our baggage till then which was great because we planning on doing some shopping anyways.

They called my cell phone at 11:30 to let me know our room was ready. The room was spotless and exactly how it was described. Early check in made our day so much easier that we decided to order room service because we were tired of walking.

The burger was great and the pasta my fiancé ordered was perfect.

The hotel was nice a quiet and the bed very, very comfortable.

We went down to the restaurant for breakfast and again, the food was top notch. They hailed us a cab after breakfast and off to the airport we were.

It was a much better experience than our previous hotel during this trip and will gladly recommend it to others who are looking for something nice, quiet, close to the river and French Quarter and well worth the price. We will be staying there without question the next time we are in New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you for the kind TripAdvisor review! It gives us great pride to hear that all aspects of your experience were so smooth. I have shared your compliments with each departmental staff. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to New Orleans!
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Close to Riverwalk, Harrah's Casino, and Fulton St. with all the great restaurants. Valet parking rates are outrageous, but all the hotels that I stay at in this area are expensive. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We are happy that you found it so easy to get around from our hotel, and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again on your return visit to our beautiful city!
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were looking for a hotel near the cruise ship terminal that also gave us access to New Orleans sightseeing. The property was convenient, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we woke up on our second day, we could see our cruise ship parked across the way. A short walk across the street and we were ready to board the boat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ryan-FDManager, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Wow, thank you for such a glowing TripAdvisor review! I am happy to read that our staff and location helped make your vacation experience a memorable one. I have shared your kind words with the staff, and we would love to hear about your cruise on your return trip to the Big Easy.

Been to Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans? Share your experiences!