“Excellent rooms, location and staff at The Wyndham Riverfront!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans to your Saves list
Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #77 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New York
“Excellent rooms, location and staff at The Wyndham Riverfront!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I booked several rooms for our group at The Wyndham Riverfront for the Essence Music festival this year. Our representative Tiffany was extremely helpful and made sure we were all set before we arrived. Once we arrived (at different check in times) everyone noted that their check in went smoothly and that they werr satisfied very much with their rooms, which were very clean and well kept. The location is right across the street from the Riverwalk Mall and Harrah's is right down the street in plain view. And the restaurant down the street Mulattes had some really banging food! The food at the hotel restaurant was pretty good as well, especially the seafood sliders. Drinks were good and strong, and the staff were all very friendly, helpful and full of smiles, from the front desk, to the guys at the front door to the ladies cleaning the rooms. VERY nice too see people looking like they actually enjoy helping you and making our visit memorable. I would certainly stay here again next year if we decide to go to Essence again. Excellent stay!!! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Eric R, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear pointmen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Wyndham Riverfront on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found the Wyndham Riverfront friendly and clean. I have shared your comments with Tiffany; we are certainly fortunate that Tiffany is on our team! I have also shared this comment with the team. Once again, thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and we look forward to serving you again when you next return to the Big Easy.

841 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice and clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Big room, coomfy bed. We had view to the riverwalk and we had room 635, top floor. Waited 35 min for breakfast and the parking was expensive, that's the only minus about the hotel. Would stay again tho :-) U can walk to bourbon street or the french quarter :-)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Susann86,

Thank you for taking the time to review Wyndham Riverfront on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel while visiting the Crescent City. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team and we look forward to serving you again.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

On the whole, the Wyndham is an average hotel. I had an extremely negative experience where the front desk gave out my room key to a total stranger who ransacked my room. Along with writing "die" on the mirror in shaving cream, my things were strewn everywhere. The manager, along with the main hotel manager have promised repeatedly to reimburse me for this one night (they called it a "prank") but have not done so in nearly two months.

That aside, here are a few other points to ponder before staying here....

1. The valet service is short staffed. Plan for long waits getting your car or stored luggage.

2. The hotel is convenient to the convention center, but is quite a hike to the quarter and top downtown restaurants. The homeless people around the hotel probably won't bother you, but walk with a group at night.

3. If you decide to forego a long walk to Cafe Du Mond or Stanley for breakfast, the pricey hotel restaurant has above average food with average servic at breakfast.

4. The rooms are commensurate with what you would expect at the price. The decor and bed coverings seem newer than most low end chains, but are not especially plush.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear mbc421,

Thank you for taking the time to review Wyndham Riverfront on TripAdvisor. While I am glad that you found the food at 7 on Fulton exceptional, I am embarrassed by the performance of our valet and bell associates. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experiences. I have shared your comments with the respective Department Heads and they will personally take steps to prevent re-occurrence of such incidents.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks nice in the dark! There was no on site parking only valet at a ridiculous price. The rooms were so old and in desperate need of a deep cleaning and upgrade, that we could not wait to check out. Our phone did not work in our room and when we complained about it to the front desk, they acted as if it were no big deal. I would never stay here again or recommend anyone else stay here, unless you enjoy budget motel rooms with an upscale price. The location of this hotel was great, there was a mall nearby with cheap, but yummy cajun eateries.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear LeeJad,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at the Wyndham Riverfront so that we may improve our service and product. I am embarrassed by the level of level service that you experience and the quality of our product.
Covington, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The staff was very nice and helpful, but the hotel has no fridge, microwave, or flat screen tv. It is an older building, no fan in the bathroom or grab bar in the shower. The room was smaller than it looked online. Room service menu is limited. We did have a couple issues with the tv one night, and room service the next morning, but staff delivered fruit tray and wine and cheese tray to make up for it. Hotel is directly across the street from Riverwalk shopping and a block away from trolley making it convenient. Mulate's restaurant on the next block has excellent food. Compared to other hotels in this location, it is much cheaper in price. Ask for a room on 4th or 5th floor or you will have no view.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear pennamongirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. The feedback we receive is valuable as we constantly improve.I aplolgize for the inconveniences your faced during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team. I am pleased that we were able to make the situation somewhat better and that our location was convenient. I look forward to hosting you again.
IRONDALE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 07/06-07/09 for the 2012 Essence Festival. We paid 701.34 in advance for our room. Once we got there to check in, we were advised that we had to pay 150.00 for incidentals and it would taken from our debit card right then to be returned up to 5 business days after check out. I never received anything via email or in any other form stating that we had to do that. Normally when I stay at a hotel they hold a debit/credit card number on file for incidentals then charge you once you check out. Also I checked the hotel website for parking fees and none are listed. When we pulled in front of the hotel we were advised that parking was 34.00 a day for standard vehicles and 36.00 or 38.00 for an SUV. This was also a problem. I feel like if you pay that much money for a room up front, parking should be free or reasonably priced to accomodate your guests. We stayed at a hotel in the French Quarter last year and parking was free, no upfront charges for incidentals. Had I known about the incidentals and parking fees, I would not have chosen this hotel. There was no microwave or refrigerator in any of the rooms and the staff wanted to charge 30.00 to rent a refrigerator. That is absurd!! Every hotel that I have stayed in the past 5-6 years have both a microwave and refrigerator. The water pressure was bad in the shower and bathroom sink. Your MOD did try to compensate us with 2 beers and a note, we thanked them for that. On Saturday evening at around 9:53 pm, my husband called for room service and was transferred several times before he was told by someone in the kitchen that they had 5 orders waiting and were not taking any more orders. I spoke to the manager on duty and he corrected the situation. Now here it is 2 days after check out and our money still has not been returned to our account. Overall, I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PATRICES,

Thank you for your candid review of the hotel. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. If you would give us an opportunity to serve you again, please call the hotel to speak to me and I will personally ensure that your stay is an exceptional one.
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was a guest during the 2012 Essence Festival! All accommodations were superb, haven't stayed in a Hotel that was as guest friendly as The Wyndham. Haven't in a long time experienced such professional and courteous individuals as those that work at This Hotel. From the Bell Men, to The Housekeepers, to the Front desk attendees, ro The Restaurant 7. I will always stay at The Wyndham, although My Sister stays In New Orleans right off of Tulane, It was a pleasant surprise to be a guest there. The rooms were awesome and the bedding was at home comfortable. There was never a hesitation, when something was needed. Hats Off to The staff at The Wyndham Riverfront, New Orleans people are what people should be! See You next July!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are perfect scenery and also noise free!