“Peace amongst Football Craze.Nice Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Peace amongst Football Craze.Nice Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my 1st trip alone- just my luck Saints played Falcons on Sun. (which Saints won.. :) I was lucky to have the 4th floor with a view and Dewanda and Tanaha as the ladies who took care of me during my stay. .My room was clean and didnt smell bad. The Hot breakfast was yummy. The ladies guided me when I was lost downtown and suggested contacts to get me back safe. Then I got into a argument with the guy I went to visit and was abandoned.. Next guy i met offered to bring me back. (dangerous I know) I called in and gave ladies all info I had and car info.. they checked on me until I got back safe.. I really appreciate that. Then I left.. thought I left my wallet.. they checked room for me and continued to provide excellent customer service. I promise I will go back and stay at Comfort Suites as long as I know the ladies are still there.
Thanks Dewanda and Tanaha!!

Room Tip: Must have a rental car if you are planning on staying here.. Or call Tripple J.. He has a shuttle bu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I were only in New Orleans for one night, it was a spontaneous trip. All the hotels in the quarter were either full or more expensive than usual because there were quite a few things going on in the city this weekend.
We decided on this hotel which is only about 20 minutes away from everything. It was very nice, along with the woman at the front desk who gave us the tip about getting free parking at Harrah's Casino if you play for 30 minutes, which we were already planning to do that night. All the other parking in the quarter is pay by the hour. We ended up winning at the casino and making money instead of paying for parking.
The king suite is really big, clean, and comfortable with a large bathroom. Microwave, refrigerator and coffe maker with coffee and tea. We did not have the breakfast, though a lot of people seemed to be enjoying it. We instead went to cafe du monde.
I would suggest this hotel to friends and family.

The only bad thing was the elevator. It was extremely slow, and didn't seem to be working properly. We took the stairs which was much faster than the elevator.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I can't say enough about the people - I had 3 rooms & neede to unload bags so we could go to French Quarter - they worked out & found me a room which was great.
The desk people gave me great directions & hints to avoid construction going on in downtown.
Room was big & clean -well maintained.
Breakfast was good & well serviced - we left tips for lady running breakfast.
It was 15 minutes to go to the French Quarter - so very easy driving.
I waould stay there again - & would recommend it to Family & friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had to secure accommodations at the last moment due to Hurricane Isaac. The staff was more than accommodating in resolving my predicament. The room was more comfortable, quiet and the business area was available to conduct pressing business. the breakfast was a bargain, especially the Blueberry waffles and wide selection of fresh fruit,eggs and sausage was excellent too. Would not hesitate to visit again

Room Tip: Close enough to French Qt., Garden District and other historic areas,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We did not pre-book our stay for an overnite stay at this hotel on 7/27/12. We were happy to find accomodations at 9pm with a 12 & 8 yr old after a long day of sight seeing in New Orleans. The room was more luxurious than I expected for a Comfort Suite. The continential breakfast was beyond belief with the make your own waffle bar. Also a free copy of the Wall Street Journal. The service was excellent. My spouse checked us in and no one was at the desk when we returned from the KFC next door. Upon check out the desk clerk said, Thank You for staying with us Mrs. Smith. That was very observant considering we had never met. Someone is paying attention in this modern age of "screen staring". Sometimes you fell if it is not on the Smartphone/Laptop, it/you do not exist. Thanks Comfort Suites for a job well done!

Room Tip: We were on first floor in room 107...very quiet. Overlooked a nice clean working class neighborhood.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

This was the only hotel still available when we decided to go to the final four. We knew that the location was not ideal, but really not a bad drive from the superdome and the french quarter. The room had a carpet with a large stain, but was comfortable. There was a mini fridge. The staff had left extra linen and towels that we had requested prior to check-in. A small stuffed animal belonging to my son went missing, and housekeeping searched diligently until they found it with the linen.

Stayed April 2012
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Located in a food, radio, cultural, and architectural desert, this motel has clean rooms, free parking, free breakfast, free wifi internet in the room. IHOP is very close.

No gym. No laundry! The pool is closed in the off season. You should not stay here if you are a tourist or have business in downtown New Orleans. The nearest Olive Gardens are 20 miles away as the crow flies--in Slidell or west of N.O. near the airport.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!