“Birthday Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Hotel

You added Ambassador Hotel to your Saves list
Ambassador Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #116 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Birthday Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Honestly, I chose this hotel because it was inexpensive and still close to everything I wanted to do in NOLA, and I had a very nice time. Despite being out of date, it still had a tremendous amount of charm and I was able to ignore the creaking floors because of how nice the room was. I was only in the room for one night, and the beds were very nice and clean and I had no problem with anything in the room. The front desk was extremely helpful in helping us find a place for breakfast in the morning, and arranged with my mom for a cake to be delivered for my room for my birthday.

Room Tip: Call ahead to arrange a room with a big window. Trust me, it's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Ambassador in June 2012. I love the charm of the hotel. As soon as I pulled up, a young man came out to greet me and help with my bags. Check in was speedy.
I really like how the hotel has updates but still has the old town feel.
The only problem I had while staying here, was that the walls are very thin. I could hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next door. It was awkward for me and I'm glad I didnt have any children with me!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The reviews on the hotel varied from very good to very bad so we decided to take a chance.
Unfortunely our experience turned to be on the bad side. Our room had no charm, no window and no other basics you expect from a boutique hotel. The bathroom was small,dirty and old. Plastic cups, no laundry bag, tv with bad signal, I can go on, small details are what define boutique!.
We asked to be change from that room to one with window because I am claustrophobic, but no rooms with a window were available on our 4 nights stay(right!).
Those rooms should be less expensive but we ended paying full price. Location was good, but will not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows in advance!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
São Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel's location is excellent. The hotel is five minutes from the French Quarter.
The rooms are clean and homey, but it is worth emphasizing that the rooms do not have windows.
The breakfast is very limited and sometimes some products end up, so did not arrive late.
The hotel bar is another excellent suggestion for the end of the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed at the Ambassador Hotel in New Orleans in January 2013 for a conference. Be aware that they charge a "Resort Fee" of $10 which is supposed to provide you with free wi-fi Internet access in every room. The wi-fi services, however, was not available and 'broken down" as informed by the front-desk for two entire days. Called the the front-desk and we were informed that the wi-fi was not working and that it should be back up "in a couple of minutes." After several hours, service was still not back up. and upon calling the front-desk, we were give the same message that service should be back up "in a couple of minutes." These "couple of minutes" lasted for 48 hours. The breakfast is quite limited. Overall, this is not a "resort" to be charging guests $10 a day, they should provide the services included in this fee, such as internet service, which was lacking for half of hour stay, and the breakfast should be something worthwhile.

Furthermore, although we made a reservation for a deluxe room, we were provided a room with no proper bathtub or shower, and a view of three enclosed walls. When we informed them of this discrepancy, we we informed that no other room was available at the hotel. Overall poor service and not worth even the low rates that this hotel charges.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Hotel appear to be very nice until we got to our room -- The lobby is nice and so is the staff.....but wait when we got to our room, I felt like we were at motel 6 --- so disappointed! Can you say in need of an update and renovation. This is a historic hotel.....the floor was dirty with dust and hair everywhere....the bathroom was just plain and the tub was stained not to mention the towels need to be tossed out! I did like the brick walls in the room but this hotel is in need of some big upgrades. the good thing it is very close to very thing and we parked the car and walked. The front desk was helpful in helping us get a swamp tour at the last minute and we were able to get two for the price of one.

Room Tip: Don't let the internet pictures fool you......trust the reviews until you see "we have reno...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a better location, and since its outside the French Quarter, very reasonable rate. Walked everywhere for the 3 days we were there. Mardi Gras parades ended at the corner. Bring earplugs . . . it's a converted warehouse so sound insulation is not the best. Best Bloody Mary's we had on the vacation.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!