“New Orleans - Close this Hotel Today” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick Hotel New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Warwick Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
Warwick Hotel New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1315 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #131 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Georgia
“New Orleans - Close this Hotel Today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

Found this hotel on Hotels.com, but booked with the Hotel.
This will be a breif review. I don't know where the other "positive" reviewers stayed, but it could not have been this roach invested, mold ridden 12 story hotel. STAY AWAY. The city should condemn this building before something bad happens to somebody.

Rooms are nasty, beds short-sheeted, bugs on floor, wall paper hanging off the walls, pipes rattle, exposed pipes with holes in the wall, faucet handles come off, lamps didn't work took four tries to get them fixed, keys only worked one day at a time, they make you sign credit card receipt when you check in and then make you sign another one when you leave, (double charge possibility), urine in the elevator, no food (glad for that), broken irons, carpet damp, hallways smell. I Complained about my room ,so they moved me. The new room had about 10-20 roaches crawling on the floor, I had to kill two that were starting to climb up my shoe. Went back and asked for my old room. (without bugs). No offer for credit, when I asked I was told they couldn't give room credit. $100/night what a rip-off.

Only good point, the soap and shampoo are from Bath and Body Works, so at least they hade decent soap.

• Liked — Bath and Body Works Soap, that it.
  • Disliked — The entire stay was awful.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Wrentham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

This used to be a Ramada Inn (you can tell by the ghost of the Ramada logo on the exterior of the building.) Ramada made the right decision!

Yes, they have wireless internet - but only in the 8ft by 15 ft lobby which has 4 chairs and its on the same channel as a competing service provider so the wireless connection drops constantly.

Yes, it has cable tv - but it's so snowy that you're better off disconnecting the cable and going with the tv's internal antenna so you can see the local network affiliates.

Yes, there is a separate vanity / bathroom area - but my floor was without power and hot water on one of the days (that's why you bring a portable alarm clock). And, the other days I had no cold water so I was careful with my showers.

They were unable to print a receipt nor handwrite a receipt - they promised to email one, but that too hasn't happened.

All would have been forgiven if I felt that the staff cared - but no....

• Liked — The separate vanity area in the room suite
  • Disliked — The hotel was dirty
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
athens,tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2007

There was no parking as advertised on the internet.
There was no hot or warm water in the shower.
There was plenty of hot water in the flush.
There was (---) on the toilet paper.
The manager was never available.
We were never offered an alternative to our problem.
Orbitz offered the following compensation: a $50 bonus the next time I book a hotel with them, which I never will.

Stayed December 2006
Northern Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

16 people from my office in NoVA stayed here for 5 nights from Nov 28- Dec 3. We were in New Orleans to build houses with Habitat for Humanity. Originally, our boss wanted to stay in the volunteer shelter (Camp Hope) but many of my coworkers had issues with staying in group housing (20 people in a room with cots), so we lobbied hard to get hotels. It didn't make sense to stay in the Ritz for our volunteer trip, so we booked at the Warwick.

Do not believe their website! It must be "pre-Katrina"... We learned that this hotel WAS a Ramada, but they backed out. This hotel is substandard. The best thing I can say about it, is that it is slightly better than staying in a shelter.

Our shower was leaking through to the room below us and a hotel worker came in and pulled the entire fixture from the wall with his bare hands! The whole thing was rotted and rusted out. Disgusting! Many in our group did not have hot water for their showers, and one day the water was turned completely off from 9 am - 4 pm! I had to use bottled water to brush my teeth because the faucet water was so disgusting and tasted like licking a rusty pipe.

The sheets did not stay on the beds, which were saggy and painful to sleep on. The wallpaper was peeling off and had mold underneath. The air units were full ot a black crud that I did not investigate further. I took 2 benadryl pills every night for fear of having an allergic reaction to all the mold in my sleep.

There is no breakfast in the hotel, which is probably a relief. We had to walk across the street to the Holiday Inn, but ran into problems because NOTHING is open in this city before 7 am!

This hotel has a lot of permanent residents. We saw several people strung out on drugs hanging around. One morning the desk clerk was sleeping behind the counter for over an hour (snoring loudly!). Many in our group did not feel safe in this environment.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

• Liked — Cheap price
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

1: parking not as advertized
2. clerk couldn't find our reservation
3. carpet damp & moldy/walls moldy
4. two beds, one sank to ground, linen dirty & stained/we req. king. clerk said it was the last room. It was to late for us to change hotels & the clerk gave no suggestions.
5. coffee maker in room but NO coffee in the hotel
6. no drain hardware in tub/plaster chipping off in the tub
7. NO hot water. notified desk night of check in. No alternatives offered by desk personnel.
8. Still NO HOT WATER in the morning. no reaction from desk personnel except attendant said the hotel was closing: hurricane damage.
9. refused to give me a receipt for our bill.
10. refused to credit our account.

• Liked — close to arena/superdome
  • Disliked — everything but location
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at the the warwick. When we got there to check in, we were able to park right accross the street from the hotel for free (b/c it was a weekend we didn't have to pay the parking meter.) We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The Superdome was only a very short walk (2 blocks) which was the main reason we chose this hotel. We walked to Harrah's casino, which was maybe 6-7 blocks away, and from Harrah's we walked to the French Quarter.
The key card lock on the door of the first room they gave us did not work, so they were happy to give us another room. This room was a suite and was quite nice. It had a king size bed in the bedroom w/ a tv, bathroom, and living room w/ tv, refrig.
Overall I was very satisfied. For the price, it was a good deal. I have been to New Orleans many times and this was my most enjoyable experience yet.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — hot water was not very hot
  • Tips/Secrets — You can park for free a Harrah's casino by validating parking in the poker room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

This hotel was built in the early 50's and has seen minimal renovation since that time. It is located in the central city district next to City Hall however this area is quite blighted with several abandoned buildings and homeless folks hanging about. The rooms in this hotel are acutally quite large and there is plenty of closet space. The problem however is the overall condition of the rooms. In my room in particular, upon entering, the hall light was out, the table light was out, the tv didnt work and in the bathroom, the toilet was stuck running and the facuet was leaking and not secured to the sink properly. There is quite a bit of deferred maintenance in this property so be prepared. Overall the hotel was clean (other than a foul odor in the hallways similar to wet dirty carpet). This hotel is perfect for the 20 something party crowd visiting during Mardi Gras but not for a family or business traveler like myself.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Poor location
  • Tips/Secrets — READ the reviews (all of them) before making a decision to book this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Warwick Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!