“Good location, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baronne Inn & Suites

You added Baronne Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baronne Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   346 Baronne Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Comfort Inn) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #123 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
lancashire
“Good location, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We arrived after a late flight at a hotel up the road, who had lost our long standing booking (11 months in advance) for 4 couples.
Went to the Comfort Inn and George went out of his way to help, sorting out 4 rooms for us, which he changed after a couple of nights to suites, on a Saturday night during Jazz Fest and at a reasonable rate.
Hotel was clean comfortable and only 1 block from Bourbon St, all staff were helpful and kind to us.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
lafayette,la
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Ok i guess hotel lobby bathroom was very nasty needs a remodel bad trash all over the floor in the lobby bathroom hotel price not worth that thus is a half star at best but hotel front desk staff made my weekend they where so friendly and lady in the bar was very nice also

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here during jazzfest weekend. 130+tax and the place really ought to be condemned. It looked clean and the service desk was good but the rooms are just horrid. The bathroom blinds had been so warped by the sun that they bowed out 10" from the window in some parts and looked like spaghetti in other places. The toilet was backed up and the carpets were alive. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Location was good though. I stayed on the water at the Hilton the weekend before for the same price but it wasn't jazzfest weekend either:(

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If I could give them a zero I would! They are awful people and have no class at all!! After getting an email awhile back about them not being a choice hotel anymore I called and they confirmed that everything was ok and that my reservation was still good. I get another phone call WEEKS later that They cancelled my reservation right before the convention "because they are no longer part of choice hotels and cannot honor my rate" when explaining to them that they are leaving me in a bind with this and if they could do anything to help me out they said no that they wouldn't. Awful customer service. Take your money elsewhere!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Covington, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel staff very nice. Facility clean, comfortable, not especially luxurious but convenient and adequate for the one night we were there for a wedding in the area. However, beware the parking experience. We were given a choice of valet parking or self parking and chose self parking. We were directed to a parking garage about a block away - I think it was the Hilton Garden Inn garage on Gravier Street. Since we were only staying one night, we had to pay in cash. We were told to go to level 6 or above - no parking below level 6. We started up a circular drive with extremely narrow, steep ramps between levels. The turns are so tight, we had to stop and back up several times, and barely made it. We have a Toyota PreRunner truck - not huge, but too big for that place! Also - in a couple of places, there was 2 way traffice, so someone would be coming down the one car ramp while you were trying to go up - it was like playing "chicken"! You sit there glaring at each other until somebody backs down. This garage is almost inaccessible for anything but a Smart car or a volkswagen, seriously. Also, the ceiling was so low, we had to get out and take the antenna off at one point. If you must park there, only drive a compact car - and it will still scare you to death. You would think the attendant might have told us we could have trouble. As I said - it was a nightmare and if I ever have to stay in that area, I will find my own parking.

Room Tip: This is more like a boutique hotel - it sits in the middle of a block in downtown - there are no rea...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Needed a hotel for a 1 night stay pre-cruise. I didn't realize Jazz Fest was going on when I booked the cruise several months prior. This hotel was just about the only hotel left in the price range I was willing to pay, that was close to the cruise port so I took it. Upon arrival the girl working the front desk was rude, no smile nothing, she acted is if I was bothering her checking in. Me and my friend had just flown in from CA. Went up to the room and the room smelled really weird, room was very out dated, A/C was so loud it was annoying. Bathroom where toilet shower are the walls were poorly patched up and painted over, badly chipped tiling, shower head had no cover around it, just came out of the wall, carpet in room was gross. Didn't feel safe here at all. The room however was a good size and very spacious which was a plus, and the sink was nice, granite, it was the newest item in the room.

The 2 rooms next to us had approx. 15 kids living in each room. We said hi to the kids and they said they lived there. We could see into the rooms as their doors were opening and closing a lot, maybe foster children, not sure, looked like ages 6 to 15 there were adults there as well. They were all up very late and were very noisy.

I had booked the room for 2 double beds, but when we arrived it was 1 double bed, I went to the front desk and told the girl, and showed her my confirmation etc., she said oh well, we are sold out, that's what happens when you book through Expedia. I said I have used Expedia for many years and NEVER had a problem with them.

I asked the girl about taxi's in the morning, do I need to reserve, etc. She said you should have done that a few days ago. I said why, I have never had to reserve a taxi a few days in advance, I said I need a 11am taxi to take me to the cruise terminal, she took my room number down and that was it. The next morning taxi's were going up and down the street, there was no problem getting one, no need to reserve days in advance.

I will never stay at this hotel again, I read the reviews and they were mixed, but this hotel was much worse than I had ever expected, was so glad to get out of there. I didn't even feel comfortable leaving my room to go get a bite to eat for a short period of time. Pick another hotel and spend the extra few bucks to have a piece of mind. Unfortunately when I booked the entire area was sold out and only a few hotels that cost $400+ were available, that is the only reason I picked this hotel I was desperate at the time for a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Random Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is no longer a choice hotel as of last week. They are now the Barrone Inn & Suites.
hotel stay was fine as expected. Staff is friendly and helpful...........................................

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Baronne Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!