“One night was too many.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   346 Baronne Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #120 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
minnesota
“One night was too many.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We needed a room for only one night during Jazzfest. This hotel was available and it had close proximatey to everything. I reluctantly booked it due to hotel vacancy issues even though I had read some negative reviews. My first clue that this wasn't a good choice was our ride up in a dirty elevator, and when the door opened the first thing we saw was an overflowing garbage can. Our room had a funky smell that smacked you in the face upon opening the door. It only got worse from there. The blood on our bathroom floor was about enough to put me over the edge. Yuck! Frayed, dirty carpet and stains on the walls and ceiling tiles. We had checked in late after a day at Jazzfest, and, thankfully, had tickets for a band that night, so we only had to spend about eight hours in total in the room. Slept like crap. Looked forward to checking out. Worst hotel experience we've ever had in New Orleans and we've been there over a dozen times.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I were on vaction and had been on the road then for almost a week. So when we got there we were tired. My husband has never been to New Orleans so it was a frist for him. The room was so clean and fresh. The best part for me was the jucuzzi tub. I really need that. I didn't understand was the windows were shaded in. You couldn't see out. We had to watch tv or go outside to see what the weather was like.

Room Tip: Just pick one.
Woodstock, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed two days and really enjoyed this location. Clean, comfortable and great staff. Kwan, especially was great to work with. Needed room to store luggage in while we went to church, then lunch and she accommodated us with a smile. Room was clean and comfortable. Refrig, microwave, etc. in room. Will stay again. Could walk to all Bourbon street events and walked all the way to St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square on Sunday morning. Although we didn't use them, Dee's Coffee shop is across the street and there is P&G Restaurant across street for breakfast and lunch.

Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Older hotel but well maintained & reasonably priced within walking distance of WW2 Museum, French Quarter and Cafe Dumond. I was on 3rd floor with frig, micro, many tv channels and a very comfortable bed with a huge bathroom. Robert, Melissa and Mr. Ali were outstanding employees who assisted with tours, sites to walk and eating establishments. Mr.Ali personally escorted me to parking garage to sort out an issue with price. $21/day valet park or $16/day self park. Breakfast was ok. I didn't take my laptop and used one of the 2 computers in the business center for free with fast service. I spent 2 nights and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the positive side - fantastic location! On the "needs improvement" end, plan to spend a minimum of $16/day for self parking or $21/day for valet and expect an average continental breakfast. Additionally, during my particular stay, they had left only decaf packages of coffee in my room. They then told me that housekeeping had left for the day but I could come down and get some regular myself (no one volunteered to bring it to me even though more than one person was working). Once I got down there, they didn't even have any regular on hand (why hadn't they checked this when I had called?). The noise from bar crawlers outside my window was made worse by the window being broken and left a crack open. Again I was told no one was on hand to address the issue (i.e. the maintenance repairman was gone for the day - not sure why they didn't have someone on call) but they did offer to bring up towels so I could stuff them into the opening.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Houston Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We waked everywhere over a two night stay. Never took the trolley as they always seemed to be stopped.
The hotel was good and priced at $109.00 a night.
There are a lot of eateries near (and cheaper than the min street but you've got to make the walk to the French quarter.
It's in a good location, clean, good breakfast and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I was in 218 but there are no views from any rooms. Construction noise, always happening, is light a...
Ramona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We rented two rooms on a Friday night before leaving the city on Saturday. Centrally located near the French Quarter and Jackson Square. Not a hard walk or there are tons of taxis. We used the valet parking. Very friendly staff and a good price for a Friday night. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. A queen size in our room and two queen beds in our other room. Each room had a couch and a nice sized mini frig, plus an in-room safe. Free breakfast included hot selections, waffles, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), bacon and oatmeal. Juices, cereals and danish. We felt this property was a great value! Also hosts an on-site bar.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!