“Very VERY impressed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   881 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park & Play Package
Ranked #50 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Very VERY impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is our first time staying at a Hyatt and I must say, we are impressed. The rate, for one thing, was great. Location is ok...safe, quiet and not horribly far from most attractions. We opted to park in a garage a block away because it's cheaper. After reading reviews, we requested a corner room above the 4th floor to lessen the noise from breakfast and our request was granted. The room itself is a little on the smaller side, especially the bathroom which has a horrible layout, but all was clean, modern and well appointed with a fridge, desk, iron and board, hair dryer, coffee maker, desk, chair, sofa bed, ottoman, 2 nightstands, great lighting, a walk-in shower and a fantastically comfortable bed. Housekeeping was thorough and nice. We were mostly impressed with 2 things: service and breakfast. There were lots of food options that were constantly refreshed and the lady that ran the area was so friendly and helpful. The front desk could not be nicer, even welcoming us back every time we returned. Because of this I had to give the Hyatt Place a 5. They also have a bar and a 24 hour food menu. We tried the pizzas and they were good. We definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially with this being your first Hyatt experience. It is wonderful that you were able to try out our Bakery Café with the 24 hour gallery menu as well as taking advantage of our complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet. We are delighted that we made a great first impression on you and will share your wonderful comments with our entire staff. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Logan Melius
Guest Relations

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is great. I visit it each year for a convention that New Orleans holds each year. Being a Platinum member of Hyatt I get extra perks. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is great and rooms are awesome.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. When traveling on business, we know how important convenience can be. With the convention center located just across the street, we love to welcome conference attendees throughout the year! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Logan Melius
Guest Relations
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

A group of friends traveling on vacation booked this Hotel and accepted the exorbitant rates the hotel were charging because we thought being a Hyatt it will be of the expected Hyatt standards.
Far from it - the hotel was lacking in opulence lacking in service and worse of all badly managed.
When complaining to the duty manager - she showed no concern about the fact that my bedroom was not serviced at all. She informed me that I should have let reception know rather than the porter who was helping the receptionist . The shower was a joke - with the pressure reducing value water was a trickle and air was plenty. The room had a sofa which was left in a corner as it were there as storage rather than for any use. Breakfast was chaotic with very little choice in the 3 days and worse still plates were of the plastic variety seen in 2 star Hotels.

Room Tip: No tip - find another Hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, General Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. I apologize for your experience and assure you that your service experience is not the norm. We will review your comments with our team as well as the manager that you interacted with to properly address the areas that fell short in your expectations. Please know that your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your comments around the corner sofa as well as our breakfast plates. I apologize that they didn’t meet your expectation.

We hope to have the opportunity to show you we can do better. Please contact me directly at 504-571-7710 if I can be of assistance to you. Again, thank you for taking time to make us aware of your experience.

Tony Welch
Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Clean, sleek, modern rooms. Staff was friendly. I really like the 24 hour food place on the first floor. However, later in the night (or early morning) they aren't able to deliver food to the room. The staff member said it was due to the lack of staff overnight, understandable. The pesto pizza was delicious. The free breakfast is also pretty impressive. Get there early though (before 8:30 or 9am) because after the rush, there isn't much food left.

The walk to bourbon was longer than I thought it would be. There are nearby parking lots that charge $5-10 a day, depending on the day of the week or if there are any special events going on. But there is free un-metered street parking, though it's difficult to find an open spot.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place and taking time to complete a review of our hotel. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. It was good to see that you took advantage of our 24 hour food service and enjoyed our complimentary AM Skillet breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you when you are back in New Orleans. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience with us.

Tony Welch
La Paz, México
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I attended a convention from October 26th to October 30th, what I really liked at the beginning was its closeness with the Convention Center and that was the main reason to give it a try, all the staff from the hotel always have a warm smile and were always very nice. I was greatly surprised by one of the front desk employees, her name is Shelby (I don’t recall her last name), Shelby always gave me a sincere warm smile when I approached to her for directions or while I was going in or out the hotel, despite the fact that she looked exhausted at times due the long hours from her shift, definitely she is the main reason to pick you for my next trip to New Orleans.

Keep the great work and the warm smiles!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

It was clean, modern,and beds were comfortable. Stayed in a double room for one night. The desk clerk at check in was warm and courteous. It is a little far from the main attractions however I still walked to and from the french market and back with ease. Quite a comfortable walk to the aquarium, french quarters, and canal street. Harrahs casino is in very close proximity. There is a street car by the convention center that can take u to the french quarter,cafe du monde , jax brewery, and french market for $125. One way. Didnt use the street car much, enjoyed walking downtown even at night I felt safe as a female travelling by myself. Drago seafood resturant in the hilton is a great place to eat..try the charboiled oysters, it is about 7mins from the hotel. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast..it is more of a continental breakfast with breakfast sandwhiches,pastries,fresh fruit, yogurt,cottage cheese,juices,cereal,milk,tea or coffee on the third floor. There is a business center as well. When I return to new orleans I would stay there.

• Stayed October 2013
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently traveled to NOLA for a work conference, which was held at a large 4-start hotel on Canal St. near the French Quarter. I opted to stay at the Hyatt Place instead based on an excellent internet rate offered on the hotel website. I was very satisfied with my choice.

The hotel is located a comfortable distance from the infamous French Quarter/Bourbon St. I found this location ideal because it was a bit quieter than the typical tourist areas. It felt like a pleasant retreat after a busy day. At the same time, it was only a 10 to 15 min to the FQ (about a mile). There are several excellent restaurant options within the area, particularly the nearby warehouse district.

The room itself was clean, modern, and spacious. The bed was quite comfortable. The room also had a mini-fridge, which was perfect for drinks and snacks. Additional features include free internet and free breakfast.

Despite the many "pros" about this hotel, the "cons" include the noisy breakfast area. Basically, the rooms surround an inner atrium which also serves as the location for breakfast service. My room was located on the 7th floor, but I could still hear a lot of noise every morning during breakfast hours. Another "con" is the fact that the bathroom was very small. It was so small that the bathroom door could not shut if the toilet was in use. Furthermore, there wasn't a tub but only a shower.

Overall, the Hyatt Place is an affordable, well maintained hotel. I would recommend this to other travelers.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to minimize the noise from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center? Share your experiences!