“Ok stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   881 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park & Play Package
Ranked #49 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Ellenwood, Georgia
“Ok stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was what you would expect from a Hyatt Place. I liked that we were able to check in early without difficulty. The room was nice, but the tub was a bit dirty at check in. Free wifi was a plus. It's a little far from everything so unless you will be spending a lot of time at the convention center I would probably stay closer to the action. We stayed on the 8th floor so the noise some people mentioned in other reviews was not an issue. My room was across the hall from the ice machine and there was a bad smell in the hallway. Parking was difficult. The hotel was busy from the Essence Festival and even after waiting an extended amount of time the parking attendants never got our car. I think I will go back to the Westin next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hickory Creek, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ok Hyatt Place in New Orleans. Too far to walk to the French Quarter but a very short taxi ride. Clean hotel but staff seemed overwhelmed by a small number of guests. Convention center is right across the street. Better breakfast area than most Hyatt Place locations. Overall, good price for an ok hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice clean hotel with friendly staff. The breakfast is good with a small variety to choose from. The down fall is the parking. You can either pay for parking at the hotel or the parking garage beside the hotel. Either way your paying! If having a pool makes a huge difference then you may not want to stay at this Hyatt. No pool and no gym! There is a nice starbucks in the lobby though. The street car does not run to the hotel so there are short walks to and from the excitement. All in all it is a nice hotel in a good spot if your here for a convention.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked the hotel primarily for the location across from the convention center. When I arrived there after midnight after an exhausting flight (8 hour flight delay), I found that they overbooked the hotel. They offered to put me up at the Marriott next door free of charge. When I arrived at the Marriott, Hyatt realized that they mixed me up with someone else. They refused to pay for my hotel at Marriott saying that I did not book with them, so I had to pay the $170 night. I did not want to pursue the matter since I was tired and it was taking another 1/2 hour for Hyatt to try and find a reason not to give me the free night.
The next day Hyatt realized it was their mistake. Instead of offering to compensate for the their mistake I was given 2 cookies and an plate with cracker and cheese which I could not eat. I do not feel that this hotel treat their customers equally.
Even though the stay left me frustrated, in fairness, the hotel room was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is well located if you have a meeting in Convention area and also want to be closer to the French Quarter. It is just 15 min. walking distance from French Quarter. Large and very clean bedrooms and wi-fi is free of charge. Breakfast is simple but good enough. You might need to wait for coffee and tea when the breakfast hall is full which is frustrating...

The people at the reception very helpfull especially young leady who is expecting a baby...

There is no gym at the hotel that you need to be aware of when you book it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
2,149 helpful votes 2,149 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Believe It or not, in all my travels, this was my first stay at a Hyatt Place property, so it took some getting used to since its a totally different concept from anyplace else I've stayed. That's because Hyatt has taken the term minimalist to a whole new level here-even compared to their Andaz properties.

When I walked into the room, I was immediately struck by it's starkness although I have to say that the room was immaculate. You could immediately tell that the hotel was fairly new as everything from the carpet to the furnishings was fresh and spotless. I also found the beds to be very comfortable and loved the 42 inch flat screen. Breakfast is also free to all guests and the offerings are more than adequate and include French toast, egg mcmuffins w/American cheese and ham, cereal, yogurt and fruit.

Parking is a real pain in New Orleans, like most major cities, and the fees border on ridiculous. There is a parking deck adjacent to the hotel that charges 20 bucks a day without in and out privileges or you can valet the car w/the bellman at the hotel and pay 34 bucks which includes in and out privileges. Either way you'll end up paying more for parking than you did to rent the car so unless you're going to do a lot of driving my advice would be to use taxis. The hotel is within walking distance of the French Quarter as well as the streetcar to the Garden District, which is probably all you need.

Last, but not least, the staff throughout the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful which truly added to making my stay a pleasant one. So if you're looking for good, clean accommodations without the fuss, I highly recommend Hyatt Place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carencro, La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hyatt is an upstanding hotel chain and I commend the New Orleans managers for working with me on a reservation that I needed to cancel for reasons outside of my control. They handled the situation as if I was their only customer, and I appreciate that. I will be staying there in the future and recommending this particular hotel to all my friends based on how well I was treated. They could have just seen my one-night reservation as insignificant, but instead the manager talked with me personally. Thanks!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center? Share your experiences!