“Great option in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   881 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park & Play Package
Ranked #49 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Great option in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had stayed at a Hyatt Place before so when affordable options in the French Quarter were booked we decided to stay here. Glad we did. The staff was very, very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was good, although crowded at times (the staff did everything to help bring out more food, keep things going). I didn't love our room on the first floor because the windows were right on a street, but the bed was comfortable, as always. The location was fine--close to the Butcher and WWII museum, not a bad walk to the French Quarter at all.

Room Tip: Try to avoid first floor. Also, the breakfast room is on the third floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
WA State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Three of us travelling together booked here because we were promised two beds and sofa bed by our travel agent and when I called the hotel myself to confirm. We arrive and they had us in one of the few rooms w/o a sleeper sofa and the note read in file do not move....hmmm. We doubled up in one of the beds but highly disappointed. The front desk staff were always polite and helpful otherwise. Breakfast was fine for a quick meal - but coffee was horrible both mornings. The good was you could easily walk to the Starbucks down road at Marriott. Easy transfer w van to and from cruise ship terminal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Auburn, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to a Hyatt Place Hotel and I came away pleasantly surprised. The check-in process was quick and professional. The staff seemed well trained and were very friendly. My only quibble about the staff is that they need at least one more attendant at the valet parking as there was never anybody there when I pulled my car in. They need at least one at the stand and a couple of runners.
The room was pretty basic but had a nice sofa with an ottoman, a nice desk, a large flat screen tv, a solid but comfortable bed, a mini fridge without the overpriced drinks and snacks, and plenty of electrical outlets for charging phones and laptops. The rest room was Spartan but functional with a shower only. The a/c functioned well and was quiet. My only complaints about the room were the small sized closet and the very small window.
The exercise facility is modest but functional. The breakfast area is big enough so that a table is usually available and the breakfast itself was pretty good. The cafe in the lobby has a fairly limited menu but the food is of good quality though pricey.
The location is perfect for access to the convention center and is only a few blocks from the WWII museum, the cruise ship dock, the River Walk area and several good restaurants.
All in all I had a very nice stay at this mid-level hotel and was impressed with the staff and it's location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HPNO_GM, General Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We are pleased you chose our Hyatt Place for your first visit and that you were pleasantly surprised. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in your arrival and the staffing of our valet team as we have recently been in transition. We have a new manager and recently hired two new attendants.

Based on the configuration of our hotel some of our rooms have varying sizes of closets and room layouts. We hope to have you back soon to experience our new valet team as well as another room that has more windows as well as a larger closet.

Tony Welch
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

A college and I stayed here for the HIMSS13 Convention and we felt that everything about our stay from the price, to the rooms, to the location, to the breakfast and especially the amazingly friendly staff is 5 star! :)
I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Place to anyone coming to NOLA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from the 8th to the 13th feb .our holiday was a trip of a lifetime and we had worked and saved hard for it. We paid the holiday in full 8 weeks before we went and to my horror on leaving the hotel they again took the price of our holiday stay out of my bank acc, which in gbp was £685.42 sending me into arrears with my bank and causing 3 of my direct debits to be returned as well as a heap of bank charges!! When I rang the hotel on several occasions and they where to ring me back which they didn't bother to do!! After 5 days they returned the money to my bank acc which with the dollar rate amounted to £649.00 at a lose to me of £36.42 and on top of that i am left with over £100 in bank charges!!! Not even a phone call or a letter of apology... To say I'm disgusted is an understatement it's like being robbed!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for staying with us while on your holiday. I was terribly disappointed to read of your experience with our billing error and the charges incurred as a result. Please accept my apologies for our lack of response as your contact number was incorrectly taken down. Unfortunately we only had the agency that you booked your reservation through and was unable to obtain the correct contact information through them.

I sincerely apologize that the billing error occurred and have requested that your account be credited for the additional charges incurred. We will provide additional training to staff members relating to this incident to ensure that we don’t have future recurrences. Please contact me directly at 507-571-7710 or tony.welch@hyatt.com for an updated receipt or if I can be of additional assistance.

Tony Welch
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had an excellent few nights here in early January. It's a very clean, comfortable hotel with extremely friendly staff who went out of the way to accommodate special requests twice. The 24/7 food service is great, the breakfast is decent, and the fitness center is well equipped. It was closer to Canal St. than I expected too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

All of us stayed in a giant suite at the Hyatt for Bacchus. It was amazingly perfect: the shortest walk ever to the Convention Center. When we stayed on Canal a few years ago for Bacchus it was miserably cold and we couldn't hail a cab, so it was so, so nice to stumble across the street and inside. None of used any of their facilities but the room and the valet. The hotel was quiet.

Typical $30 valet/day for the car. Comfy, comfy beds. Only complaint is that the lights in the room were those awful florescents that made everything super yellow, and I had trouble applying makeup without looking like a clown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center? Share your experiences!