“Good Choice for NOLA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Camp St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter)   |
Ranked #91 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Aiken, South Carolina
“Good Choice for NOLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We recently visited NOLA from 3/5 - 3/9 for Mardi Gras. We chose this hotel because they were advertised as pet friendly and my daughter & her husband insisted on bringing their dog for the trip. All of the staff I encountered was very friendly, & patient which was a little suprising considering the hotel was fully booked and very busy. The room was comfortable although the sofa sleeper advertised in the Executive suite room was actually a king-sized futon. My daughter & her husband said that it was very comfortable. However, it is very low to the ground. An older person with bad knees may have problems getting up from it. The bathroom was average; clean and nice size, but nothing outstanding. We had no problems with noise although several other reviews here have complained about that. The only noise we heard was from the street; we heard none from the neighboring rooms. The hotel remained remarkably clean during our stay despite the fact that it was Mardi gras & there was constantly a lot of traffic in & out. The "business center" is very small - just one computer and printer. The continental breakfast had a good selection, although I think that hotel managment should have had more than one person working the breakfast considering the hotel was at max capacity. The one young lady working the breakfast did her best to keep everything restocked and the trash cleared, but it was just too much for one person. Parking is valet only; the rate is comparable with hotels in other major urban areas. I did not visit the exercise room, so I cannot offer any comments on that. My daughter & her husband go to NOLA at least 3 times per year and now plan to stay at this hotel when they come (they always bring their dog). All in all, I would recommend this La Quinta to friends and would stay here again on any future visits to NOLA.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Masontown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

In a nutshell if we return to New Orleans this is where we'd stay again. The location at least in our minds was near perfect, two blocks from the French Quarter, easy walk to the river, one block from the St Charles streetcar.
The rooms were well appointed, though not luxurious, bathroom was clean and modern, hot water was fine. The microwave and refrigerator were great although we only used the fridge and never the microwave anyhow, but it's there if you want it.
the front desk was very helpful and prompt, helped a couple times with questions we had and were always pleasant.
The breakfast was as advertised. There were no cooked foods like bacon, sausage or scrambled eggs, unless you count hard boiled eggs as cooked. There were however two waffle makers, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, cereal which was more than we make at home anyway.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

You could not ask for a better location. Within walking distance to Riverwalk, the French Quarter, and a block away from the Parade route. The room was fabulous with modern amenities, flat screen TV, and free internet in rooms. The complimentaty breakfast was OK also.
Downfall was the $29 per day parking, however I believe this is standard in this location. It's the amount I would have paid to board my dog, so it worked out in the end. La Quinta is wonderful for not charging a fee for pets. (Not sure I would be too happy if I were not a pet owner however).
Did not like the fact that the maid knocked on my door at 9am the first morning of our stay. Since I was still in bed, I requested she not bother to service. However, the second morning, I made sure I was out of the room by 9am with the dog. Upon returning at 10am, the room was not cleaned...so at 11am, I took the dog out and asked at the front desk if the room could be cleaned. I was standing there when the receptionist called housekeeping. However, when I returned 2 hours later, the room still had not been cleaned. So during 3 nights, my room was never cleaned.
However, this did not affect my enjoyment in NOLA. I would stay here again.
However, I would not request a room ending in 02. It is across from the elevators, and you here all the party people coming in all night and morning.

• Stayed March 2011
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

My trip started out very rough and I was extremely happy to finally arrive at the La Quinta. There seemed to be no easy way to get from the airport to the Central Business District/French Quarter using public transportation so we had to take a taxi ($33 one way). The best part of the hotel is the location- in the quieter CBD, but a short walk to the French Quarter (about 2 blocks). The front desk was also very nice and helpful with things when my luggage did not arrive until the next day.

The ice maker was down the hall and in a corner, but I could very easily hear it in the room. The walls seemed to be paper thin because I could hear everything (including the dog in a nearby room). Also, It costs more to get a king bed than two doubles which I thought was odd. The breakfast was pretty standard and very busy! It seemed to be a big family hotel, especially those traveling with pets. FYI: the pool and gym are on the 4th or 5th floor (had to ask someone, didn't see signs for either).

As a light sleeper and someone not traveling with children or a pet, I cannot say I was overly pleased with the La Quinta.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

After not happy with my first choice in hotel, I kept searching for hotels that were available for our trip to NOLA. After a a day or two, I found this hotel had an availability. I have to admit, I am SO GLAD i cancelled my 1st choice and went with this hotel. This was perfect for the event we had come for. We were in walking distance to Bourbon street, yet not too close where we didn't hear all the commotion. We were in walking distance to the convention center and the start line. The hotel was clean, maid service always took care of our room, the walls are thin in the hallway, but we didn't have a problem in our room. The front service was friendly at all hours of the night and the valet gentlemen were very helpful and courteous. Breakfast items were well stocked and yummy.

Also, when you get a chance, I would HIGHLY recommend eating at Mothers just a block away. Order the Ferdi...you will not regret it!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Great location. Two blocks off Canal. Three blocks from Bourbon. Very reasonably priced. Easy to get to. Very nice and attentive staff. Large King Rooms with Flat Screen TV, Wireless, Fridge, and Microwave in room. Parking was $29 a day. They allow pets also.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed two nights, great rates compared to others we checked. Appears to have been updated recently. Very good "waffle" type continental breakfast selection, closes at 9am. Convenient----short walk to world war two museum, riverfront, casino, french quarter. Parades that go down St Charles are just one block away. Same location as high priced hotels....maybe not all the 'pampering as the high priced guys, but at half the price and I would bet the rooms were almost as nice. Check out at noon instead of typical 11 was nice. Five minute, twelve dollar taxi ride to amtrak. I think airport taxi is about twenty two to downtown area

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown? Share your experiences!