“Nice place with 1 glaring flaw” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save now in New Orleans
Ranked #93 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place with 1 glaring flaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here a couple nights for a quick weekend getaway this past April. i will start with all the good things: great location, nice staff, beautiful lobby, comfortable beds, only a tiny bit of road noise. The staff was able to accommodate an early check-in for me (even though I went through priceline), and the guy who checked us in was courteous & very efficient. The beds and bathroom were nice, and generally a pretty clean room. The thing that killed it a bit for me was the overwhelming smell of body odor from the elevator to around 1/2 way though the 1st corridor...it was always there..so I don't know it if was a guest or a worker who stunk, but it was off-putting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
long island, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to the convention center -- only 2 short blocks away. The neighborhood is pretty dead. This can be comforting after experiencing the chaos on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. However, it is a 15-20 minute walk from the French Quarter.

The hotel itself is mediocre. The lobby is nice and renovated. The rooms are old and dingy and need serious renovations. The furniture is beat up and the wood worn out in some places. The bathrooms need serious updating as well. There were small ants around the sink. The rooms have a "motel" quality.

If you do stay here, get the breakfast included rate because the breakfast is a la carte, great quantity and the service is fast. Also ask for a room facing the courtyard/pool, preferably with a balcony or a room that opens out on to the pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard/pool, preferably with a balcony or a room that opens out on to t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Greetings worldtravellerLINY-

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to New Orleans! I appreaciate you taking the time to share your experience. I see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I wanted to take a moment to share with you that we are scheduled for a full guest room renovation starting in July! I will agree with you that our rooms are ready for this scheduled renovation and we are excited for our new rooms to be finished in October 2013. We hope you come back as our guest and enjoy your next visit to New Orleans with us!
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel was great..staff were welcoming upon arrival and each day of our stay! We booked room facing the pool and on a high floor..we had a great view and it was relaxing to have a drink on the balcony in the evening after a day walking around New Orleans. The breakfast was a included in our room price and the ladies did a great job! Will be back again next year!

Room Tip: High floor and facing pool area..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Better than I feared. Having read a couple of rather nasty (but unlikely) reviews on the Marriot website, I didn't have huge expectations. Chose this location because of proximity to the Julia Street Cruise terminal and it was not far from the French Quarter. There is a faux Starbucks in the lobby; not a "real" Starbucks but they brew the coffee and the muffins weren't too bad; a good place to hang out while my family slept in. Room was clean but small; had a king bed with a sofa. Bed strangely laid out in the room; in a corner facing into the center; they had to do that so it would fit. Front desk staff accommodating but not friendly about it. The valet to help one get a cab was not friendly at all. Easy walking distance to both expensive and inexpensive restaurants including Emeril's NOLA. would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My fiance and I planned a weekend trip to New Orleans, and thanks to the amazing rewards program through Marriott, our rooms were free. We choose this Courtyard because of its proximity to the French Quarter as well as the Warehouse District. From the moment we walked in the doors, we were treated like royalty! Once we told Hope (manager) that we were there to celebrate our one year anniversay, we were offered a snack / drink of our choice from The Market (which is like a small convenience store). They then upgraded our room to this amazing room on Floor 2A that was very large along with an amazing whirpool tub! My boyfriend (at the time) proposed to me on Friday night and upon telling Hope that we were engaged on Saturday, she arranged for us to have drinks comped for us from the Bistro! I must say, we were extremely pleased with our stay and will defintely return. $28 for valet parking may seem a litle steep, but thats around the price you will pay at the other hotels, and we did not feel safe leaving the vehicle out on the street. Very close to Poydras and Canal, so maybe only a 15-20 minute walk to the Quarters. Although the hotel offers Starbucks coffee at the Bistro, if you walk two blocks up to Convention Center Blvd. and turn right, there is a full service starbucks inside of the Marriott Hotel. Hope also reccommend Pi (which is across the street), and we had their pizza and it was very good! Highly reccommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 2A are very spacious!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Greetings reneamShreveport_LA !

First and foremost, Congratulations on your engagement! I wish you and your fiance much happiness! New Orleans is such a romantic city and I am honored to hear your special weekend was during your stay with us! I appreciate you taking a moment to share your wonderful experience and I am pleased to hear Hope, our Assistant General Manager, went above and beyond to ensure your stay with us was special and memorable. She is truly an asset to our team and I thank you for regonizing her! We look forward to having you and your fiance back as our guest the next time you are visiting New Orleans!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel was located in a good area and easy access to all the fun in the French Quarter. Upon check-in the gentlemen who checked me in was very pleasant (Mark, I believe his name was) he took good care of me. Suggested great places for my colleagues and I to eat (Tommy's) which was a great choice! The rooms were a bit outdated but manageable. After reading all the other reviews, I was skeptical about staying here at first but now I would recommend this place to anyone who asks me about it. If you're looking for a reasonable price room, and great location then this a great place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BW678-

I am pleased to read about your positve experience at our hotel! I will personally recognize Mark, one of our guest service represenatives, for his exceptional customer service! I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our wonderful and unique city and enjoyed Mark's restaurant recommendations! I would also like to share that we will be going through a complete rooms renovations this year! Our hotel will be recieving the new Courtyard Platinum Room package by October 1st, 2013! We look forward to having you as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans.
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Well, i have never felt compelled to complain about a hotel, 1) broken fridge upon arrival. Not a big deal. They fixed it in a couple hours, 2). Very loud nightclub across street. 3:00 am squeeling tires, busted bottles, loud cars. 3) upon check in, won free movie on wheel of fortune type deal. Tried to rent movie and wouldn't work. Sent a security guard that had no idea how to resolve. I have never complained about a hotel before but I would stay somewhere else. Family of 4.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!