“Great Hotel with Riverfront Views” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 50% on Parking
Ranked #64 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Hotel with Riverfront Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

The location was great since it was on the trolley line with quick access to the French Quarter and shopping within walking distance. The room was modern, updated, and very clean. The staff were friendly and available to assist whenever needed. It was excellent for business since the meeting rooms were first-rate. I would recommend this hotel for leisure as well since it had all of the amenities (i.e., pool, fitness room) and quick access to areas of interest for tourists. Overall, an excellent experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

2,378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Korean first
Minot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

My only surprise was that some of the rooms in this hotel are still smoking rooms. I booked a hotel room through a discount website and when I reached the hotel, I was stuck in a smoking room. I checked with the desk attendant if it was possible to switch to a smoking room if there was one available, but unfortunately she seemed to look down upon me when I mentioned I reserved the room from a discount internet cite instead of paying full price, and said that since I reserved the room for a discount, there was 'nothing she could do.'

Sheesh ...I'm still a paying guest at the hotel, aren't I? I was stuck with the smoking room. It was a little uncalled for, I thought.

I was only in the room at night to sleep, but myself and all my luggage smelled like smoke the rest of my trip. I thought all hotels were smoke free by now, but just be sure you book a non-smoking room if you'd like one. - Just a helpful hint from a non-smoker. Other than my personal situation/incident, great hotel and a great location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

I recently attended a conference and stayed at the Hilton Riverside. Check in was quick, and the room was very nice. Comfortable beds, nicely appointed, big flat screen TV.

Many places in the lobby area to sit and unwind; or conduct a quick meeting. Tried to conduct a conference call from the room -- and had to try both phones - the speakerphone was not good on either one; but this was minor.

My only real gripe (and I don't think it's anything the hotel can address other than putting you on a higher floor in bldg 1) is the train noise at night. I was in Building 2; and while I find train noise charming in the distance; the sound of it rumbling by blowing the whistle did wake me up several times. Again -- not a deal breaker -- but annoying, and the only reason I rated the Sleep Quality as I did.

Not sure that I would stay there if I was paying the bill myself-- I am very much a Bellagio Taste/Circus Circus budget traveler -- so I would be searching for the best amenities at the best deal; and the rate we paid for this for the conference was high -- but again -- I have not resarched New Orleans hotels for anything else -- so maybe this is the going rate.

Terrific location -- we walked everywhere from the hotel -- and it's a quick easy cab ride to the airport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

My stay was short, one night, due to a family member having a surgical procedure. While checking in, my mind was in a thousand different areas and I left very important medical information on a side table next to the Front Desk area. The Hilton associate who checked me in, later found the folder and brought it to my room. Had she not been so considerate, I would not have had the vital information needed for the very early morning procedure. I feel that the employees at the New Orleans Hilton went way beyond what was expected and took every necessary step to assure that the guests felt welcomed and comfortable during their stay. I was so impressed with that young lady and how she cared enough to actually bring the folder to my room personally! I highly recommend this hotel to everyone and for sure, I will return for future visits. Hopefully, next time will be for fun!!
J. Stropola
Hammond, La

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for the New Orleans Ironman. We were greeted promptly and given a bottle of water. The room was comfortable and clean. The beds were very comfortable with 5 pillows on each bed. This hotel is only 5 floors so it was perfect for all the equipment we needed to lug up to the room for the event. It was very easy to get the bikes up and down stairs instead of using elevators. The stairs were wide and open. We had a nice veiw of the Mississippi River. Spent one day at the pool. Small pool area, clean and pool towels provided on site. Did not get a chance to visit the gym, I think it was an additional cost. The bar area had plenty of servers, never had to wait even though the hotel was full with multiple conventions. Easy walk to French Market and Riverwalk. We had a car parked by hotel valet, $33 a day. It was very easy to get the car anytime we wanted and did not have to pay extra to come and go. Everyone was friendly. We will be back next year!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

We just returned from our trip to New Orleans for Jazz Fest! We stayed at the Hilton Riverside. It was wonderful! Right on the Mississippi, blocks from Bourbon Street. Shopping and great food right at your fingertips! We had a wonderful time. Our stay at the Hilton was great. Our rooms were ready right on time, the front desk was helpful and friendly especially Chantel. they booked tours for us and answered all of our questions. VERY knowledgeable. Our housekeepers were fabulous. Sergio in room service was the bomb! I highly recommend this great hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
problemdoc, Executive Office at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your 2010 Jazz Fest expirience. What a wonderful time to be in New Orleans! Your nice comments on Sergio and Chantel will be shared with their managers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to New Orleans and if the team can be of assistance in helping you book your next reservation with us or help find that perfect accomodation, please do not hesitate to call upon us.
Claremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

The Hilton New Orleans Riverside was Awesome! What a beautiful room overlooking the Mississippi River. The River walk is connected to the hotel. We were able to walk to restaurants, casino, the trolley, the French Quarters, or just stroll along the river. The courteous desk crew was able to set us up with a great air boat tour. The dinner at Drago's was delicious, our favorite meal of the trip.
Thank you to the courteous team at the Hilton New ORleans Riverside, we are looking forward to our return visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to New Orleans and to our hotel. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again during your next visit to New Orleans and if our team can be of assistance in helping you book your next reservation with us or assist you in finding that perfect accommodation, please do not hesitate to call upon us.

Been to Hilton New Orleans Riverside? Share your experiences!