We'll start with the only negative comment: Dirty pillow cases. But after a phone call, the staff took care of all bedding. After every request, someone called to make sure our request had been taken care of in a timely mannor.
Stay out of the lower rooms, I've heard that rooms there are older and not suitable. Tower rooms are newer, spacious and offer great views (ours had both river and city view). Right outside is the riverwalk (just another mall, but conveniently located for last minute shopping) and the Aquarium that takes a little over an hour to see everything. Also right in front is the cable car to the quarter, the canal street line and Harrah's casino. Lot's of cool arhitectural sites and museums within walking distance DAY TIME ONLY, don't walk the CBD at night. The covention center is next door. You could walk to the French Quarter, but why-when the riverfront street car will take you for a buck and a quarter(and you'll save your feet-again don't walk it at night and alone for any reason). I would avoid room service because there are so many other options in this city for a lot less cash. Gorden Beirsch Brewery is my close-by pick. It's directly across the street with outstanding service, great food and free brewery samples! Never ate at Kabby's or other places in hotel but did have room service and for $60 (breakfast) we could have done better. Bell staff friendly and helpful. Lobby bar $$$ but friendly.
Synopsys: Clean, comfy, service oriented staff, central location, nice lobby
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel
- Hilton Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside New Orleans
- New Orleans Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting the Hilton New Orleans Hotel Riverside will not only bring back fond memories, but can open up new areas to explore in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy the 90,000 sq. ft. Health Club by Hilton featuring tennis, racquetball, full weight training circuit, the Precor® cardio theater and more. Stimulate your palate within Drago's Seafood Restaurant, a New Orleans dining institution. Upgrade your accommodations to our exclusive Executive Level. Try your hand at Harrah's Casino or take in a round of golf at TPC Louisiana. New Orleans is still one of the world's most unique destinations and is at your doorstep when staying at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hilton New Orleans Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.