“Huge but Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
“Huge but Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spent five nights at the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans my experience was very good. The hotel is huge but I didn't mind the walk. They had a nice gift shop and deli. I could even get hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I did have room service once and they were quick and my hamburger was hot! The location is within walking distance to the French Quarter and many restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Lu B,

Thank you for taking time to share your hotel recent experience with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we certainly enjoyed having you here. Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My sister and I and our 22 year old kids stayed at the Hilton Riverside the last week in June to celebrate college graduation for her son. She got there a day early and mentioned her view was of a brick wall. When checking in I requested a view of anything but the wall and was quickly told a view is an upgrade and would be $40 more per night. In the end I was assigned a lovely room with a view of the river at no charge. The hotel is in a great location and has wonderful staff. We have traveled extensively both in and out of the country and are dumbfounded as to why management wouldn't want guests to see their best? The hotel was not full, in fact they were nice enough to let us check in at 11. We spend one weekend a month in NOLA and are returning to this hotel in August. I am curious to see if my experience was an aberration or the norm for the Hilton Riverside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of anything but the wall and decline to pay for the upgrade. There are t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BeyondBlessed3118,

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest's feedback especially when it gives us an opportunity to get better at the services and product we offer our guests. Please send me an email with your reservation information so that I follow up with you. Unfortantely the information provided in your review is limited. My email address is jim.thibodeaux@hilton.com and I would certainly like to look into this matter for you.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple days on a business trip and I wished I would have stayed longer. The property was beautiful, valet was a cinch, great service, great bar. As a HHonor member, I've tried out some other Hilton properties in the area and this is by far my favorite. Can't wait to come back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Intrigueace,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It means so much to us that you look forward to your next visit. I have shared your review with the team and everyone is most appreciative. Have a safe and fun summer season and we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Despite having a room across from the elevators, I slept well. My husband and I spent 1 night at this hotel. The room was very clean and the view of the Mississippi River was fantastic. This hotel was too large for me. There were people everywhere. If you are looking for a hotel that gives you an escape from being overcrowded at the French Quarter, this is not the hotel for you.

Stayed July 2014
kfont,

Thank you for the great review. We hope to welcome you both back for another gtreat stay. All the best and have a safe and fun summer season.

West Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I have been to New Orleans at least 5 times and I've stayed in a different place everytime. This is by far my favorite place to stay. Upon arrival they were very kind and accomodating. They gave us a room with a dual view of the river and the city. They were so sweet to my 9 year old daughter and even sent her a package of sweets, coloring postcards, and a water bottle free of charge. The location is perfect for the aquarium. No other place in New Orleans compares to the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2013
KGarey,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am happy to share your great comments with the team and it is nice to hear that your daughter enjoyed her time here too. We appreciate you choosing us as your New Orleans destination and we hope to see you both again in the not too distant future.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a huge property with several towers of rooms. The large size lends itself well to its location right next to the Convention Center.

Stayed 5 nights in July in a double queen room overlooking the Mississippi River towards the bridge and cruise ship terminal. It was fun to watch the cruise ships come in and out and lots of barge and steamboat traffic too! Room was clean, well equipped with a small fridge, excellent toiletries, coffee and tea. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows! Elevators at this hotel are excellent, they offer 5 for lower floors & 5 for upper floors out of the main entry building so very speedy service.

Location is just outside the French Quarter within very easy walking distance. Cable car stop right outside the hotel. Taxi cabs always available day & night. Connected to the Outlet Mall that offers decent shopping and a nice food court also. Easy walking to the Aquarium and you could almost literally walk right over to your ship if you are heading on a cruise! Excellent location.

This hotel also boasts a huge indoor court facility for squash & tennis. There is an extra charge to use the courts unless you hold a certain membership level with Hilton Honors. I visited one of the pools and it was nice, but very small and no shade.

Many dining choices inside the hotel also; Starbucks Coffee Shop, Dragos Oysters & Restaurant, Sports Bar and also a small market that is very overpriced.

I would not hesitate to stay again the property was well located and served our needs very well.

Room Tip: River view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
momtravelswith3,

We appreciate you taking time to post such a positive review. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels and I have shared your review with the team. Have a safe and fun summer and we hope to see you all again soon.

El Cajon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights. We had a beautiful room overlooking the Mississippi River. It is close to the Riverwalk and great shopping. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. It was a great location to see all the fun parts of New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with view of the MIssissippi.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Joyce M,

Your gracious comments are most appreciated and I have shared your kind words with the team .We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. Have a wonderful summer season and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.