“Hosted a good conference at this hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 50% on Parking
Ranked #64 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Hosted a good conference at this hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was the lead conference planner for an event of over 1000 attendees at this hotel and my association had a wonderful experience there. The location is great for a conference, not in the heart of the Quarter, but close enough that it's walkable when the conference education ends each day. The level of service was very good. The hotel is a bit dated, but I imagine in a conference facility with continuously high occupancy rates, such as this place experiences, the rooms see a great deal of wear and tear. Regardless of the age of the property, the staff still ensured it was clean and highly presentable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
sc3247,

Thank you for choosing us as your Conference destination. We enjoyed having you all here and hope to have you return on regular basis. All your nice comments were shared with the team we all appreciated them. Have a prospous New Year and we hope to see you agin next time your travles bring you back this way.

2,393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Korean first
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The Hilton Riverside is a really nice hotel in an excellent location, right along the waterfront - the street car is steps away, and the casino literally across the street. I'm a Hilton Diamond member, so we were upgraded to an amazing room with a breathtaking water view and we also had access to the executive lounge which also has spectacular views of the city and the river. Our room had 2 queen beds which were very comfortable. The room also had a very large flat screen tv and a mini fridge. However we didn't spend that much time in our room, but it was always nice coming back to it after being out and about.

The hotel itself is very large hotel and as such has very nice public spaces and restaurants. We were fine with the executive lounge and being in New Orleans had our meals around town, but the breakfast in the Executive lounge was nice, as were the mid day snacks and the evening treats.

We did a lot of walking in New Orleans, we also took the street cars, and also had a rental car. The hotel offers self parking and valet, but we were lucky to find street parking very close to the hotel - several times - so if you want to avoid the expense of hotel parking, it's possible.

The waterfront park right outside the hotel is wonderful. The aquarium is right there, and you can walk to the edge of the French Quarter via the waterfront, and take the street car back.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
travelguyfromflorida,

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed New Orleans as well as your hotel experience. Your comments were shared with the team and all were most appreciative. We all enjoyed having you here and we look forward to that next opportunity when we can welcome you back once again. See you soon !

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at the hotel the night before a Caribbean cruise. The price was good ($120) for a 4 star but the hotel was older and not what I would consider to be a 4 star. Bathroom had black (mold?) in the caulking and the room overall including the hallways were not crispy clean. Access to rooms from parking ramp were not convenient at all. The additional parking fee was extremely high ($36/day) but it was everywhere in this town so not too surprising. All of the amenities (coffee bar, drinks bar) were also very expensive. The most disappointing thing about the Hilton experience is the daily phone call from Hilton Ground Vacation since staying at this place. To date I have been unsuccessful in getting them to stop calling. It is very poor customer service of the Hilton brand to allow this kind of harassment of a customer. Because of this I will never stay at a Hilton property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Linda N,

Thank you for taking time to share this candid feedback about our hotel. We apologize for not being able to provide you with the quallity of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and we are actively working with our Housekeeping team to freshen our spaces. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may show you the improved quality accomodations you expect and deserve.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Good quality property, loby under construction, bathrooms somewhat dated but clean and well appointed. Room faced the river, train noise during the night was somewhat of a nusiance. Didn't use the bar or resturant this visit. Great location for convention access and short walk to the French Quarter.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kevin K,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guest's experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in our area so we may better demosrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The riverside building rooms have poor sound proofing and terrible condition of the mattress. There is construction on the first floor that is very noisy. Showers are not well maintained and have rust on the tiles. You would be better off staying at an inn in the french quarter for the price you pay for these rooms.

Africa2009,

We appreciate your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We truly apologize if this was the case and we can assure you that we will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in property experience. With that said, I can assure you that your fedback is incredibly important to us . Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

From the minute i walked into the Hotel , I felt as if I were home. I was immediatley welcomed by Dansantos at the bell stand and a very nice young woman named Neely who was walking by. They both stated have a nice stay and welcome back. As I apporached the front desk three very nicely dressed agents greeted me and said how may we help you. I am only a SILVER honors member but was treated like I was a Diamond. After a long day of traveling and meetings, it was nice to be treated like I belonged here. I did notice upon my arrival that they have spent alot of money since my last visit on the hotel renovations, rooms, elevator landings and the Hotel entry doors. This is a very nice improvement since my last visit. I understand that they have a fairly new mamangement team in place and there attention to detail is very notciable. My room was perfect, clean and comfortable. Pillows and bed were heavenly. I ordered Room Service and LInda took my order and it arrived as I ordered it. David a very nice waiter delivered the food on time and the food was fantastic. later that night , one of the greatest moments of my stay was when i happened upon their Seafood Restaurant called Drago's, which I later found out was locally owned. What a nice surprise!! The Chargrilled Oysters were the best thing I ever put into my mouth, wow I need more today. The Food was some of the best I have ever had, thank you for a wonderful meal. As I was leaving I noticed a nice gentleman towering over the restaurant which I was told was the owner, great job Hilton. Well I can't say enough about this hotel and it's staff, thank you

Room Tip: All seem to be newly renovated
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
David B,

Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Your nice comments about the team have been shared with those recognized and with their immediate Supervisors. The best of 2014 to you and to yours and we look forward to welcoming back once again.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really like the location of this hotel. Rooms were nice and comfortable. It was on the outside edge of the French Quarter, convenient to everything including Harrahs Casino. In expensive cab ride to the heart of the French Quarter. Riverboat cruises leave from right outside. A walk across the street for a little gambling. Great seafood restaurant and bar downstairs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Otis_of_Dallas,

Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We certainkly enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again in the near future. New Orleans is always a fun destination and our team will be happy ot assist you in planning your next stay.

Executive Manager
Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Been to Hilton New Orleans Riverside? Share your experiences!