“Business Conference” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
St. Louis
“Business Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Good quality property, loby under construction, bathrooms somewhat dated but clean and well appointed. Room faced the river, train noise during the night was somewhat of a nusiance. Didn't use the bar or resturant this visit. Great location for convention access and short walk to the French Quarter.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Kevin K,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guest's experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in our area so we may better demosrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

2,380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The riverside building rooms have poor sound proofing and terrible condition of the mattress. There is construction on the first floor that is very noisy. Showers are not well maintained and have rust on the tiles. You would be better off staying at an inn in the french quarter for the price you pay for these rooms.

Africa2009,

We appreciate your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We truly apologize if this was the case and we can assure you that we will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in property experience. With that said, I can assure you that your fedback is incredibly important to us . Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

From the minute i walked into the Hotel , I felt as if I were home. I was immediatley welcomed by Dansantos at the bell stand and a very nice young woman named Neely who was walking by. They both stated have a nice stay and welcome back. As I apporached the front desk three very nicely dressed agents greeted me and said how may we help you. I am only a SILVER honors member but was treated like I was a Diamond. After a long day of traveling and meetings, it was nice to be treated like I belonged here. I did notice upon my arrival that they have spent alot of money since my last visit on the hotel renovations, rooms, elevator landings and the Hotel entry doors. This is a very nice improvement since my last visit. I understand that they have a fairly new mamangement team in place and there attention to detail is very notciable. My room was perfect, clean and comfortable. Pillows and bed were heavenly. I ordered Room Service and LInda took my order and it arrived as I ordered it. David a very nice waiter delivered the food on time and the food was fantastic. later that night , one of the greatest moments of my stay was when i happened upon their Seafood Restaurant called Drago's, which I later found out was locally owned. What a nice surprise!! The Chargrilled Oysters were the best thing I ever put into my mouth, wow I need more today. The Food was some of the best I have ever had, thank you for a wonderful meal. As I was leaving I noticed a nice gentleman towering over the restaurant which I was told was the owner, great job Hilton. Well I can't say enough about this hotel and it's staff, thank you

Room Tip: All seem to be newly renovated
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
David B,

Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Your nice comments about the team have been shared with those recognized and with their immediate Supervisors. The best of 2014 to you and to yours and we look forward to welcoming back once again.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really like the location of this hotel. Rooms were nice and comfortable. It was on the outside edge of the French Quarter, convenient to everything including Harrahs Casino. In expensive cab ride to the heart of the French Quarter. Riverboat cruises leave from right outside. A walk across the street for a little gambling. Great seafood restaurant and bar downstairs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Otis_of_Dallas,

Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We certainkly enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again in the near future. New Orleans is always a fun destination and our team will be happy ot assist you in planning your next stay.

Executive Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times and it gets better every time. The staff is very helpful, rooms are clean, and the hotel is in a great location. I was here this week for a conference and from the conference (which was at the hotel) to staying at the hotel, everything was great. Not to mention, the Hilton Riverside has one of the best New Orleans restuarants in their hotel, Drago's.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Shane F,

Thank you for the very nice review. The team enjoyed having you here and we all hope to see you again soon. Have a terrific 2014 !

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We recently held our Military Mardi Gras Ball at the Hilton Riverside Hotel. We could not have worked with a better staff or have asked for more courteous service. The Ball was 8 months in the planning and Beth Tusa (director of catering) was always available to discuss details as well as make suggestions. The room had to be changed at the last minute due to convention needs, but Beth managed to make a very upsetting situation workable and actually accommodated even the new needs we presented with grace and in stride. Kenneth, our banquet captain for the night was in constant contact and found no request we had impossible.
We could not have been happier with our experience and will book with the again!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is undergoing some renovations so just be patient. It just will take a little maneuvering...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bibbie371,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We enjoyed having you all here. Beth and Kenneth are both assets to our team and we are proud to have both of them on our team .Your comments have been sent on to their respective managers. Have a wonderful 2014 and we look forward to seeing all of our friends again next Mardi Gras Season.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

A wonderful hotel if you are coming for work or pleasure. Only a short walking distance from the convention center. The staff will go above and beyond to meet your needs. Had a small issue with my billing. Another guest signed his receipt and his room number looked very close to mine. Sarah at the hotel had it resolved in a matter of minutes.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a high floor facing the Mississippi. What a wonderful view to wake up to every...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Jgarspeed,

Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and it is good to here that you enjoyed your time with us. Your comments have been shared with the team and your nice comment about Sarah has gone to her manager. The best of 2014 to you and we look forward to that next opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Been to Hilton New Orleans Riverside? Share your experiences!