I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Riverside but probably would not stay there again. The room looked well appointed but upon closer inspection the pillows were stained and the mattress pad and duvet both had blood on them from a previous guest and most likely the most current previous guest. Once the staff was alerted the bedding was changed but not without some issues. When I arrived back to my room at 5 pm on the second day, my room still had not been cleaned. As I had to shower and dress for a 6 pm dinner this was a problem. I had to get the manager involved to get it resolved, I would not expect this at a Hilton. The coffee shop was great for a quick breakfast and Dragos food was good, very little ambience though. I would have preferred to have the breakfast and lunch facility open for dinner also.
The hotel is too far from the convention center, especially if you are carrying anything and have to go to the far end of the center. Although the convention center is around the corner, from one end to the other it must be a good 1-2 miles long. Riverwalk was not open, under renovation, so nothing close to walk to. Lots of taxi's available and reasonably priced. The trolley is outside the hotel door but you need exact change and need to know how the lines travel. A long walk to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street area for those with difficulty getting around. Next time I would stay on Canal Street closer to Bourbon Street or in one of the upscale hotels now offered right off Bourbon Street.
The concierge service at the hotel for information and tickets to local attractions was excellent.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside New Orleans
- New Orleans Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting the Hilton New Orleans Hotel Riverside will not only bring back fond memories, but can open up new areas to explore in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy the 90,000 sq. ft. Health Club by Hilton featuring tennis, racquetball, full weight training circuit, the Precor® cardio theater and more. Stimulate your palate within Drago's Seafood Restaurant, a New Orleans dining institution. Upgrade your accommodations to our exclusive Executive Level. Try your hand at Harrah's Casino or take in a round of golf at TPC Louisiana. New Orleans is still one of the world's most unique destinations and is at your doorstep when staying at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hilton New Orleans Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.