“Hilton - Riverside but no Riverwalk” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast Included!
Ranked #66 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Hilton - Riverside but no Riverwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Riverside but probably would not stay there again. The room looked well appointed but upon closer inspection the pillows were stained and the mattress pad and duvet both had blood on them from a previous guest and most likely the most current previous guest. Once the staff was alerted the bedding was changed but not without some issues. When I arrived back to my room at 5 pm on the second day, my room still had not been cleaned. As I had to shower and dress for a 6 pm dinner this was a problem. I had to get the manager involved to get it resolved, I would not expect this at a Hilton. The coffee shop was great for a quick breakfast and Dragos food was good, very little ambience though. I would have preferred to have the breakfast and lunch facility open for dinner also.
The hotel is too far from the convention center, especially if you are carrying anything and have to go to the far end of the center. Although the convention center is around the corner, from one end to the other it must be a good 1-2 miles long. Riverwalk was not open, under renovation, so nothing close to walk to. Lots of taxi's available and reasonably priced. The trolley is outside the hotel door but you need exact change and need to know how the lines travel. A long walk to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street area for those with difficulty getting around. Next time I would stay on Canal Street closer to Bourbon Street or in one of the upscale hotels now offered right off Bourbon Street.
The concierge service at the hotel for information and tickets to local attractions was excellent.

Room Tip: Check the bedding carefully.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
JS,

We appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We understand that you were disappointed that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We truly apologize if this was the case and we can assure you that we will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in house guest experience. We do everything we can to ensure our guests receive the service they have come to expect from us and we apologize for the inconveniences this situation caused you. We thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back once again. The best of the upcoming Holiday Season to you and to yours.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hilton River Walk is our preferred hotel when visiting my home town. It is very convenient - easy on/off I-10, walking distance to many fine restaurants, and a short streetcar ride to the heart of the French Quarter. The views of the river are mesmerizing, Drago's Restaurant in the lobby, Harrah's across the street, and a great comfortable bar. The gym facilities are fantastic, and the price is reasonable.

Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the very nice review. It is certainly good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your vacation here in New Orleans. The team enjoyed having you here and I have shared your comments with them. We wish you the best iof the upcoming Holiday Season and we look forward to that next opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Saint Louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had never been to New Orleans before, and my stay at the Hilton ensured that I would come back again. I have a very enjoyable experience. The accommodations were excellent, I loved the beds, if it were not for needing to go to a conference, I would have been completely okay with staying in bed all morning. I am also very much a fan of the toiletries that each room provided, they smelled fancy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Jennifer T,

Thank you so much for the very nice review. We enjoyed having you here and hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome you back next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans. We wish you and yours the best of the upcoming Holidays.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Hilton Riverside. It's a beautiful property, but I did have a small issue with billing. Apparently, my card was authorized twice for my stay. A few days after I checked out, I noticed the extra charges on my account, so i called Hilton. The finance person I spoke to was not helpful at all, but she transferred me to the credit office, where I spoke to Henry who was very understanding and patient. He called my bank and was able to get the extra hold released for me with no problems. I have to be honest, I was angry about the extra charge, but Henry was calm and professional the entire time. Because of his great customer service I'll keep Hilton Riverside as one of my top choices when I visit New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Heather F,

Our apologies for the billing issues you encountered. It is good to hear that Henry was able to recitfy the descrepancies. He is an asset to our operation and I have shared your kind words with him and with his manager. Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to that next opportunity to welcome you back once again. The best of the Holiday Season to you and to your family.

Maurice, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Safest place to stay in New Orleans. Covered parking, polite staff and great river view. Walking distance to everything, not into walking, taxis on standby 24-7. In room breakfast is excellent. In Hotel restaurant Dragos has great food.

Karl T,

Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination and thank you for the very nice review.
The team enjoyed having you here and I have shared your nice comments with them. New Orleans hosts an awesome New Year's Eve party and we would certainly enjoy ringinging in 2014 with you.
The best of the Holiday Season to you and to your family.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hilton Riverside is convenient to the French Quarter and overlooks the Mississippi River. The Convention facilities are top notch. Drago's restaurant is excellent, as is the breakfast place and the bar inside the hotel. The fitness facilities are amazing you'll be comfortable and cared for whether you're in New Orleans for work or play. (Hopefully you'll have some time for both!)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Robin V,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for using our hotel facilities The team enjoyed having you here and we all look forward to that next opportunity to welcome you back once again. Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The best of the Holiday Season to you and to your family.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very happy with our second stay!! It was easy to use our Hilton points! Everything was great! Loved Drago's one of the best restaurants - right in the hotel!!Recommend this hotel for ALL!! Terrific location from Bourbon Street and esp. casino!!

Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the very nice review. Your comments were shared with the team and were all met with smiles. Hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again in 2014. Let us know if we can assist you in planning your next New Orleans vacation. The best of the Holidays to you and to your family.

Executive Office
Hilton New Orleans Riverside.

Been to Hilton New Orleans Riverside? Share your experiences!