As a Diamond member I've stayed twice now at the Riverside, once for Voodoo in October, 2010 and the last time for Mardi Gras, 2011. Both times the location has been perfect--close enough to the Quarter, CBD and streetcar lines (the river line is right at the hotel--very convenient) but a nice distance from the chaos. The valet service, however, have definitely been spotty (sometimes a valet is nowhere to be found). Hope it's improved for next time.
Rooms are large and clean and quiet, although we've yet to have a full view of the river, which would be nice.
Executive Lounge view and layout are outstanding--one side overlooks the river, the other overlooks downtown. Both sides have rocking chairs, which is a nice touch. The Diamond breakfast offering is a standard Hilton continental breakfast--yogurt and cereal and juices and pastries. Not a gram of protein to be found. It would be nice if restaurant vouchers were available for Diamond members for breakfast instead.
It's definitely a fun place to stay for Mardi Gras because it's host to many of the krewes prepping for their rides, so the color and excitement make it all the more enjoyable.
It's good the site houses Drago's Restaurant with those charbroiled oysters too--pure lagniappe! See you in February!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside New Orleans
- New Orleans Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting the Hilton New Orleans Hotel Riverside will not only bring back fond memories, but can open up new areas to explore in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy the 90,000 sq. ft. Health Club by Hilton featuring tennis, racquetball, full weight training circuit, the Precor® cardio theater and more. Stimulate your palate within Drago's Seafood Restaurant, a New Orleans dining institution. Upgrade your accommodations to our exclusive Executive Level. Try your hand at Harrah's Casino or take in a round of golf at TPC Louisiana. New Orleans is still one of the world's most unique destinations and is at your doorstep when staying at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hilton New Orleans Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.