“Good Place to a Stay-Bedroom, living room, kitchenette” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #70 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Plano, Texas
“Good Place to a Stay-Bedroom, living room, kitchenette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way back from Florida. It is close to the WWII museum in the warehouse district. We found great restaurants close. It is a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, but we took the trolley and there are street cars also. Good breakfast. The staff was helpful and friendly. Your car is parked in a lot that is lit but not attended. The room was clean and well kept.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had a free night so my family stayed here. I would stay closer to Canal Street next time. Parking is a bit scary and I didn't feel like our car was safe nor did I feel safe walking with my family to the car. Staff was nice, but I wouldn't recommend. Not up to par with other Residence Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014
Spencer H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Greetings from New Orleans KGR1980!

Thank you very much for taking the time to reference your stay while with us in New Orleans. I am glad to hear that the staff treated you well. However, we have heard you with regards to your comments regarding the parking. We use a third party vendor for our parking and have addressed these concerns with them. Our goal is to improve the total guest experience and safety is a number one priority. Should you decide to join us again in New Orleans please don't hesitate to reach out to any member of the leadership team to ensure an excellent visit to the Crescent City!

With gratitude,

Vanessa Jackson
Assistant General Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels but the Residence Inn just was an okay place to stay. The second day that we were there they did not make up our room. We called down to the reception area and we were told that someone would come up but they never came. I then called and asked for them to send up clean towels but they never came. I was a little disappointed but maybe it was just an "off day" for their staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Spencer H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We do apologize that your stay with us was not flawless and understand how this inconsistency would impact your stay. We use this valuable feedback in order to better serve our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we wish you a wonderful day!
Corona, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn in downtown New Orleans when I attended a reading conference in May 2014. The hotel is located in the Warehouse District, and is within walking distance of the Convention Center and several restaurants and bars, including Emeril's. The French Quarter is also within walking distance, about 7 blocks away, with lots of interesting buildings and businesses along the way.

The hotel features kitchenettes in the rooms, which is convenient for longer trips (I stayed 5 days). The maid service was great, too; I always had a clean room to come back to at the end of my day. One of the greatest benefits was the free continental breakfast served daily, featuring items like scrambled eggs, potatoes, coffee, juice, water, cereal, breads, and make-your-own waffle station. The employees are very gracious and courteous.

The front desk staff, including Hannah and Senae were very friendly and courteous, even when there were some problems with getting our rooms paid for by our school district. These ladies kept their cool and tried to explain everything to us, despite our escalating stress levels!

This property is quiet and clean, and the view from my room was one that I enjoyed. It looked out onto the street below (I was on the 3rd floor) and the building across the street from my room was lovely. For a business trip, this was a great location/facility.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this property last month (May 18-24) and love the property. It has a good location, not to close from French Quarter (meaning far from the crowds and crazy people haha) but close enough to go walking, about 7 blocks from there. The property is nice, the common areas are not that modern but they comfortable tough. The rooms are fine, nice living and kitchen area, the bed comfortable and spacious enough if you are staying for a considerable number of days. The breakfast included in the room rate is great since most of the hotels in NOLA does not include it. They could change a bit the breakfast menu but still is quite good (fruit, eggs, juices, waffles, etc...). The neighborhood is nice, lots of galleries and nice restaurants in the surroundings and pretty close to the Riversidewalk Outlet which recently opened. Also close to the Convention Center, Canal Street and Harrah`s Casino. The front desk staff is really helpful unfortunately I can not say the same of Yolanda, the lady at the weekdays manager reception. She is not that friendly and always looks that she is not enjoying her work. But all in all is a good place to stay if you want a place close enough to the French Quarter but far from the craziness.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last night to get away for an evening. Upon arriving, I was a little surprised to see a NOLA hotel with no valet parking. Still, it wasn't much of an issue--the parking lot was just across from the side entrance to the hotel.

The hotel is very interesting. We stayed in the more conventional building, but we walked through the building that connected to the courtyard and it looked pretty cool. The courtyard was good looking and included a singles tennis court, but it was too rainy to enjoy it.

The location of the hotel was excellent. It's just a few minutes from the Superdome, and there are scads of great restaurants within 10 minutes walking distance.

The room was like any other Residence Inn I've ever stayed in. Our room had a bedroom separate from the living room. The bathroom was just large enough. The bed wasn't as comfortable as I'm used to from hotels, but not by much.

The only complaint I would have is regarding the noise level from the street. I was awakened a few times by traffic, alarms, and a person yelling. I'm not putting this one on the hotel--that's about as well as you can do in this area.

Breakfast had a good variety of food and a large number of people partaking.

If I were staying in New Orleans again, I could see myself staying here again. I might look elsewhere. For the money, there are more interesting and better appointed locations in the city, but this one covers all the important bases. You won't regret staying here.

Room Tip: If you choose the 4th floor, you'll end up in the conventional building. We did, and I liked it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed in the suite, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and one extra room with pull out couch and French doors. The place was very spacious and well worth the price. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the property was well maintained. Would definitely stay there again if I go with a group.

Room Tip: Can't speak to regular rooms, but the suite was one of the largest rooms I've ever stayed in...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown? Share your experiences!