“Wonderful Staff and Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

You added St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #46 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Staff and Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My girls and I booked this Hotel for Essence Festival weekend and as soon as we pulled up and walked in we were greeted with the most warm welcome by Amy (who is freakin awesome btw). This hotel has the perfect price, is in the most perfect location and has the the friendliest staff. Beautiful hotel and our room was wonderful. Whenever I visit the Big Easy I will be sure to book here and only here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer D, General Manager at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the St. James! Essence Festival is one of our favorite weekends and we strive to be your home away from home while you're traveling. Amy is one of our greatest commodities and was very pleased to read your review. We can't wait until next year!

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Throughly enjoyed my stay at the St. James. I had booked a Queen room and was upgraded to a King at check-in, which was nice. I got a good deal on the room at Expedia, and hotel exceeded my expectations. It's a small, boutique hotel, so there are not a lot of amenties like a bar or restaurant in the hotel, but there is a great breakfast place (The Ruby Slipper) nearby and it is close to both the French Quarter and Warehouse District which made it the perfect jumping off point for us to explore New Orleans. Amy and Danielle at the front desk were wonderful -- giving us lots of great suggestions on places to go and, especially, places eat and drink! All of the staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfy. Oh, and I enjoyed the cucumber water in the lobby!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am elated to read your review! It is our goal to exceed every guest's expectations and we take pleasure in doing so. Your positive comments make performing our services that much more enjoyable! We look forward to ensuring continued satisfaction on your next visit to New Orleans!

Kind regards
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Came to NOLA to celebrate my 30th birthday - and stayed at the St. James. Price was exceptional, rooms nicely appointed (enjoyed the iPhone alarm clock) and the staff was extremely knowledgeable and nice. They provided great recommendations on things to do, where to eat, etc. location was great...out of the quarter and way from the noise, but close enough to walk to everything or catch the streetcar. Only "downside" our room on the third floor was TINY - but we were prepared for that, knowing the property to be historic. I understand there are larger rooms available.

We enjoyed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled you found our hotel to be a "Gem"! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Warm Regards
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel for a recent music festival (Essence). The location and customer service was great. Danielle, Amy, and several other employees worked hard to keep us satisfied. However, the rooms and overall condition of the hotel leaves too much to be desired. We will not be returning. But if location and smiling, friendly faces is your only requirement, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review our your recent stay!

Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just wanted to let you know that I love the hotel we stayed at. Love the old architecture and décor The location was perfect, right in the middle of downtown, within walking distance to everything. The service was exceptional. Staff very friendly, helpful and in formable of the area and place to visit, eat etc. I Love Amy, Danielle, David etc. Everybody Made us feel at home and part of the family. You guys rock and I miss you. Made some friends for life. I hope I can visit again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We miss you too!! I am delighted you had such a pleasurable experience! I'll will be sure to pass on your sentiments to my entire staff. It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback!
Lemoore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a girls weekend this past weekend and we were helped by a professional and friendly staff. Tori and Ryan both helped us when we had some inital hiccups. They initially put us in a wrong room and when we went back to tell them it would not work, it was quickly fixed. The rooms were comfortable, but at 1am we undid the sofa bed only to find a dirty sheet and crumbs. Apparently the sofabed was not cleaned. I went out to the front desk and was given clean sheets to put on the bed. We just decided to fold the sofabed up and put the sheets directly on the sofa cushions. Our door handle the bathroom kept falling off. We mentioned it to the staff one morning and still was not fixed when we came back at almost 3pm. I finally brought them the handle and it was put on right away after that. Like I said, there were a few hiccups, but I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again. The location was perfect and was within walking distance to most anything you needed. And there was 24/7 in out privileges with the valet. The rooms seemed to be remodeled with new bedding and furniture. Perhaps next time, there will be breakfast - since that is what we read on the sign "coming soon"-- I only wished it was last weekend soon! The pool (if you want to call it that) was small - reminded me of a kiddie pool but about four feet. We decided not to use it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I appreciate the feedback and will consult my department heads about the issues you encountered. It's great to hear the staff was friendly and we look forward to future visits!
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Tori was the guy at the front desk that helped us the most! He was super friendly and was helpful enough to ask what we are interested in and if we had any plans so he could make some suggestions of things for us to do while we were there! The hotel was a lot nicer on the inside then the outside, so don't be afraid when you first pull up because I was a little. Not that it's terribly run down just didn't look quite as nice as the photos. The vallet was nice, you have to give them about 20 minutes to get your car back to the hotel so just call ahead, they did tell us this at check in! We walked everywhere from the hotel and overall had an amazing trip! I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah H, Director of Sales at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks for taking your time to leave such a nice response. Tori is our rock star at the front desk and I am happy to see he was friendly and helpful for you. I will absolutely share this review with him and the entire staff.

Thanks again!!!

Been to St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!