“What was going to happen NEXT!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   12340 I-10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA 70128 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #133 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Coquille, Oregon
“What was going to happen NEXT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reservations were made way in advance to attend the Cajun Festival in New Orleans. Arrived late at night to be advised we didn't make our reservation directly with them and they were unsure if they had a room available. I advised I have already paid for 6 days. The gentleman next to me was checking in and also and was telling the front desk he was not going to stay on the 4th floor in that particular room because he is aware of the prostitute that frequents it with customers. I added, to the conversation "I don't want that room either". Well, we ended up on the 4th Floor, in smoking room, (I requested non-smoking); The coffee pot didn't work, no towels, no batteries to the remote control. Asked staff if I could get batteries for the remote and they said they aren't Wal-Mart and I could purchase my own. The next morning I could barley breath due to unclean, smelly room from cigarette smoke and filth and asked to move. I was moved down to the 3rd floor. It wasn't much better. I had to chisel the refrigerator ice to get the door shut. The carpet was soaked from being open and freezing up, it was also making horrible noise. Called front desk, no one seem to concerned, said they would make a note. Later in the evening the Fire Alarm went off 2 times and I had to assist my mother down the stairs 2 times in our pajamas. Staff wasn't to concerned, they replied someone pulled the fire alarm in lobby horsing around.
On day 3, I asked to change room because of the things that were not right. Dirty room-floor was sticky and black (never been cleaned) etc. That is when we were moved to room with the most foul odor I have every smelled. The staff said they would turn up the AC and assured me it would go away. We left and came back to the room and noticed it was about 120 degrees in the room and was sickening odor. I demanded to be moved to yet another room. We were moved across the hall from the smelly room.

We went out for the day and returned to the motel and walked into the lobby to a employee yelling profanity at her workers (at the front desk), it was weird. No one cared, they just proceeded about their business. I went down to the swimming pool to relax and there was some very odd people at the pool. I do believe they were on drugs and not a friendly group. It was not very comfortable. At this time, I went into the lobby and asked to moved next to the lobby, in the event I have to scream in the middle of the night, someone would hear me. The gal up front was nice and did make that request. One night of Good Sleep Finally!

The only person who I trusted during the stay was Sharon the cleaning lady. She was friendly, approachable, and got right things I needed for the room. (towels, batteries for the remote, coffee, working frig. etc.) I just didn't know her work schedule. Without her, I would have packed up and never looked back. Maybe they ought to get her up to the front desk in order to get things done.

I was shocked at this whole ordeal, no one offered to credit back my card for a nights stay, since I hadn't had a good night sleep in days. It was just like standard operating procedure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here with our daughter for one night while traveling. It was listed as a "new" hotel on booking.com ... but there was nothing new about it. Baymont just stuck their sign over an old, rundown La Quinta. The walls were cracked, had holes, and were dirty. No iron on the room ... had to call front desk. Only provided the 3 of us with 2 towels. The carpet in the hallway was stained and filthy. Horrible stay! The breakfast cereal was stale and the juice machine was out of order. Nothing but waffles and coffee. No TV remote for the old tube TV. DO NOT GO HERE EVER!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Don't ever stay here! They will lose your reservation, dick around forever at 1 am getting you a room, it will have holes in the walls and cruddy marks on everything, room will be 90 F with the humidity of a fat old man's balls at the beach, it will have a bed so uncomfortable that the only thing that comes to mind is sand paper sheets on a caricature of a bed made into a bobble head. Let's hope breakfast isn't a complete fail but I'm not too optimistic at the point.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The problems of this motel can be corrected with cleaning supplies. The room could have been a lot cleaner. There was food in the let out couch that seem to have accumulated over a period of time.There was accumulated trash behind the couch.There was reported roaches in two of our rooms.The shower and bathroom had hair in them. The mirrors was unclean. The refrigerator was unclean. The remote to the tv was missing. I thought the refrigerator was not working because it was off and had a smell. I reported to the service desk twice, they promised to send someone, the person never came. We cleaned before our stay. The room was never vacuum doing the three days stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!