Reservations were made way in advance to attend the Cajun Festival in New Orleans. Arrived late at night to be advised we didn't make our reservation directly with them and they were unsure if they had a room available. I advised I have already paid for 6 days. The gentleman next to me was checking in and also and was telling the front desk he was not going to stay on the 4th floor in that particular room because he is aware of the prostitute that frequents it with customers. I added, to the conversation "I don't want that room either". Well, we ended up on the 4th Floor, in smoking room, (I requested non-smoking); The coffee pot didn't work, no towels, no batteries to the remote control. Asked staff if I could get batteries for the remote and they said they aren't Wal-Mart and I could purchase my own. The next morning I could barley breath due to unclean, smelly room from cigarette smoke and filth and asked to move. I was moved down to the 3rd floor. It wasn't much better. I had to chisel the refrigerator ice to get the door shut. The carpet was soaked from being open and freezing up, it was also making horrible noise. Called front desk, no one seem to concerned, said they would make a note. Later in the evening the Fire Alarm went off 2 times and I had to assist my mother down the stairs 2 times in our pajamas. Staff wasn't to concerned, they replied someone pulled the fire alarm in lobby horsing around.
On day 3, I asked to change room because of the things that were not right. Dirty room-floor was sticky and black (never been cleaned) etc. That is when we were moved to room with the most foul odor I have every smelled. The staff said they would turn up the AC and assured me it would go away. We left and came back to the room and noticed it was about 120 degrees in the room and was sickening odor. I demanded to be moved to yet another room. We were moved across the hall from the smelly room.
We went out for the day and returned to the motel and walked into the lobby to a employee yelling profanity at her workers (at the front desk), it was weird. No one cared, they just proceeded about their business. I went down to the swimming pool to relax and there was some very odd people at the pool. I do believe they were on drugs and not a friendly group. It was not very comfortable. At this time, I went into the lobby and asked to moved next to the lobby, in the event I have to scream in the middle of the night, someone would hear me. The gal up front was nice and did make that request. One night of Good Sleep Finally!
The only person who I trusted during the stay was Sharon the cleaning lady. She was friendly, approachable, and got right things I needed for the room. (towels, batteries for the remote, coffee, working frig. etc.) I just didn't know her work schedule. Without her, I would have packed up and never looked back. Maybe they ought to get her up to the front desk in order to get things done.
I was shocked at this whole ordeal, no one offered to credit back my card for a nights stay, since I hadn't had a good night sleep in days. It was just like standard operating procedure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With easy access to I-10, the La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans East/Chalmette is only15 minutes from the world-famous French Quarter, Superdome, Riverwalk and best of all... Bourbon Street!The hotel's location is near several local businesses such as the NASA Michoud facility, Exxon/Mobil Chalmette Refinery, Murphy Oil, Domino Sugar, Air Products, Smucker/Folgers Plant, Delgado Fire School, and the Lakefront airport. Guests enjoy an affordable New Orleans hotel that is within eight miles of attractions and shopping, such as Harrah's Casino, Jackson Square, Audubon Aquarium of America & Zoo, Chalmette Battlefield, Plantation Homes, Honey Island Swamp Tours, and countless museums.One of only two interior corridor LaQuinta's in the Greater New Orleans Area, the La Quinta Inns & Suites New Orleans - Chalmette East offers FREE parking, Complimentary Bright Side Breakfast, Complimentary WiFi throughout hotel and a Laptop Station. We welcome all groups and offer complimentary Oversized vehicle parking, including Motorcoaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Reservation Counter and Hotels.com so you can book your Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area Hotel New Orleans
- La Quinta New Orleans
- New Orleans La Quinta