This was an experience! When I went to check in the man at the front desk acted like it wasn't his job to fool with checking me in, but he slowly did so with his dirty, creepy long finger nails. (I won't even go into how slow the elevator is) Once I made it to the room you have to very slowly use your key to unlock the door otherwise it will not work. Once in the room, it was dirty, there was dirt all around the base of the walls and beside the nightstand and desk where when and if they vacuumed the cords where not picked up to be cleaned under, and yes folks the dirt included crumbs of food. Upon inspecting the bed (to make sure there were not any bed bugs= coast was clear on that one) There were stains on the sheets and also a blood stay, which reminds me bring a blanket or something they don't put comforters on the bed. Good thing I was paranoid and brought the necessary items to replace all this nastiness. In the bathroom there were wash cloths that had huge holes in them and there was only one temperature of water in the shower which was scalding hot burn your flesh off! There wasn't cold water even though its labeled that way, it didn't exist. Also while here the side door entrance for guest where you can use your room car broke so you had to go around to the front door. You get what you pay for,... glad I was there for the experience not the room! Otherwise the trip would have sucked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With easy access to I-10, the La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans East/Chalmette is only15 minutes from the world-famous French Quarter, Superdome, Riverwalk and best of all... Bourbon Street!The hotel's location is near several local businesses such as the NASA Michoud facility, Exxon/Mobil Chalmette Refinery, Murphy Oil, Domino Sugar, Air Products, Smucker/Folgers Plant, Delgado Fire School, and the Lakefront airport. Guests enjoy an affordable New Orleans hotel that is within eight miles of attractions and shopping, such as Harrah's Casino, Jackson Square, Audubon Aquarium of America & Zoo, Chalmette Battlefield, Plantation Homes, Honey Island Swamp Tours, and countless museums.One of only two interior corridor LaQuinta's in the Greater New Orleans Area, the La Quinta Inns & Suites New Orleans - Chalmette East offers FREE parking, Complimentary Bright Side Breakfast, Complimentary WiFi throughout hotel and a Laptop Station. We welcome all groups and offer complimentary Oversized vehicle parking, including Motorcoaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area Hotel New Orleans
- La Quinta New Orleans
- New Orleans La Quinta