“Basic Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8400 I-10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #136 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Norman
“Basic Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Clean room with a clean scent; if that is all you need, this is the place for you. The price is low for the area for a reason. We went to NOLA on a whim over Memorial Day weekend, and this was the closest hotel we found with decent reviews, so we took it. I do not regret it. The place is very clean and smells great! No smoke smell, no bugs, no shadey looking characters hanging about. The office doors were locked, so we were a little put off about the neighborhood, but everything was quiet; probably just a precaution for their workers. The linens are very cheap, everything is cheap for that matter; but, for the price, it isn't a bad deal.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Don't listen to the nay sayers. I'm glad I didn't. This is just your basic hotel. Rooms are nice and spacey and the breakfast is delicious. It's only about 20 minutes from downtown which is only a 20.00 cab ride. Its affordable and customer service is good so far!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015 via mobile

The rooms are clean, no odd smells, and are comfortable. I experienced a slight internet issue at first. However, one quick call to the front desk, the person on the other end was very friendly and said they would take care of it. Not even 5 minutes later, a follow up. They offered to send someone to check connections. I declined and insisted it was a speed issue. My WiFi signal was excellent. The speed was about 1.2Mbps They said OK. I received another call not even 5 minutes later. The guy (I'm guessing it was tech support) explained they had a power glitch and just rebooted system. Within 5 minutes, the connection speed jumped to 7Mbps. Problem solved!! Customer service was excellent at check in, during stay, and on checkout. Parking is off site, but only 2 minute walk. Water was hot! Room was quiet. There are smoking rooms, however, not next door, on a different floor by themselves.

Would definitely stay again!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

First of all it is NOT a Quality Inn anymore. It is now called Roadway Inn. I booked this hotel trough Hotels.com (prepaid) and when we arrived they didn't have the reservation. I had to cancel the Hotels.com reservation and pay a new one in-site. It is a 15 minute car trip to New Orleans French Quarter (not close at all). The neighborhood where it is located is not nice at all, I would rather say it is unsafe. The rooms are very old and in bad shape. The bed sheets had holes on them. There were cockroaches in the bathroom. The phone in the room was death. The front desk service was terrible. I asked for more towels because we were a party of four and there were only two towels in the bathroom, they said to me that they didn't have more towels. One night we came in late to the hotel and there was not space in the parking lot. Overall it was a horrible experience. Without doubt the worst hotel I've ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gonzales, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

The staff at the newly renamed Roadway Inn in New Orleans East was very nice and friendly and most accommodating to our needs the surrounding area is a little ruff looking but was fine the rooms need some renovations but were clean .

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Me and my friends stayed her for halloween. We noticed yes it is in a pretty poor area of town but I didn't feel unsafe. To be CLEAR I am a 23 year old female traveling with same aged 2 other girls. We paid a very low price for two nights and got better than we expected. Yes our room was kinda dirty and smelled funny, but nothing some spray couldn't cure. The beds were clean at least. The phone and toilet wouldn't flush on the first try, but we hardly stayed in the room so we didn't care. My expensive car didn't get broken in to, I didn't witness drug deals, although the smell of weed lingered in the air, but who cares about that, I didn't see any shady people, the front desk girl was nice, so all in all, don't bring your kids here for family trips, this is pretty much a place for people like me with no kids and realistic expectations. You get what you pay for. I'd stay here again because I was left alone, it was completely booked yet I didn't hear anyone being loud, and I slept easy. The gas station in front of it sold all kinds of liquor so that was convenient for us.

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!