“DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. WORST HOTEL IN MY LIFE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #140 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Mexico City, Mexico
“DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. WORST HOTEL IN MY LIFE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all it is NOT a Quality Inn anymore. It is now called Roadway Inn. I booked this hotel trough Hotels.com (prepaid) and when we arrived they didn't have the reservation. I had to cancel the Hotels.com reservation and pay a new one in-site. It is a 15 minute car trip to New Orleans French Quarter (not close at all). The neighborhood where it is located is not nice at all, I would rather say it is unsafe. The rooms are very old and in bad shape. The bed sheets had holes on them. There were cockroaches in the bathroom. The phone in the room was death. The front desk service was terrible. I asked for more towels because we were a party of four and there were only two towels in the bathroom, they said to me that they didn't have more towels. One night we came in late to the hotel and there was not space in the parking lot. Overall it was a horrible experience. Without doubt the worst hotel I've ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gonzales, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff at the newly renamed Roadway Inn in New Orleans East was very nice and friendly and most accommodating to our needs the surrounding area is a little ruff looking but was fine the rooms need some renovations but were clean .

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed her for halloween. We noticed yes it is in a pretty poor area of town but I didn't feel unsafe. To be CLEAR I am a 23 year old female traveling with same aged 2 other girls. We paid a very low price for two nights and got better than we expected. Yes our room was kinda dirty and smelled funny, but nothing some spray couldn't cure. The beds were clean at least. The phone and toilet wouldn't flush on the first try, but we hardly stayed in the room so we didn't care. My expensive car didn't get broken in to, I didn't witness drug deals, although the smell of weed lingered in the air, but who cares about that, I didn't see any shady people, the front desk girl was nice, so all in all, don't bring your kids here for family trips, this is pretty much a place for people like me with no kids and realistic expectations. You get what you pay for. I'd stay here again because I was left alone, it was completely booked yet I didn't hear anyone being loud, and I slept easy. The gas station in front of it sold all kinds of liquor so that was convenient for us.

• Stayed October 2014
Houma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The other reviewers aren't lying about the pimps,ho's & weed!!! unfortunately its real and i would not bring my family here.i can't believe the owner/manager lets this go on. on the other hand, the girls working the desk are friendly and helpful. but i guess they turn a blind eye to the activities going on in the parking lot. my room was nice and clean, no complaints there. its the individuals in the parking lot that shock me. they really need to have security here to keep the riffraff out!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The staff was the only nice thing about this hotel, the rooms looked old, not well taken care of. I was woke up twice during the night because of wanna be gangsters with their pants halfway to the knees playing that gangsta rap music loudly, in hindsight I'm glad my windows did not open, because I was going to holler at them, probably would have gotten shot. There is an automatic security gate, which they NEED to use, as well as posting sighs about noise and a security guard in the parking lot to enforce the rules. I will NOT be back here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed for one night, booked with my choice privileges membership. The tub was dirty! Like, literally a ring around the tub. Usually when you walk into a hotel room, the cool air is there to welcome you. My room was soooo hot when i walked in, I was sweating! Then, the AC didnt have a vent. So the only thing getting cool in the room was the curtains. My bf had to put his shoe on top of the vent so the air would blow out instead of up. Ghetto.
Then, I was under the impression that with Choice Rewards, you receive a late (2pm) checkout. I even asked about it when I checked in and the young lady said she would put it on my reservation. NOT! Housekeeping came banging on the door, even trying to come in when I'm asking them to wait. I'm glad the latch was on because I was not ready! Then the Front Desk Agent came shortly after; I asked about my late check out and she said "Oh we don't do that". So I asked if I could get until 12:30 (It was about 11:45), she said yes. Housekeeping came banging again at 12:20 telling me I have to get out! She knocked 2 more times between then and the agreed upon 12:30 checkout time. It took everything out of me not to cuss these people out because I could not BELIEVE the treatment! They were just rude. It was ridiculous. On my way out, I saw another front desk person wearing a satin cap to work with terribly chewed edges, Like really? Comb your hair for work. This place just all around sucked. The service was horrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place is terrible. We stayed here unfortunately during the Essence Fest over July 4th weekend. We had a smoking room which smelled terrible. The door knob to the closet was broken, floor was filled with dirt and cigarette holes and we had a spider in our bed. During our stay we slept on top of the cover (thread bare) with our clothes on. The smell of weed was penetrating through the walls and the prostitution business was in full swing. DO NOT EVER STAY THERE. THIS PLACE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE LISTED ON ANY SITE! Also I went to the pool - WHY!!! it was filthy - I may have caught a disease if I got in it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!