“Drive on, pay more, just SAD, zero care or management.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8400 I-10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #137 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Drive on, pay more, just SAD, zero care or management.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I am very positive and admit an easy and optimistic reviewer but this place should be demolished. Not one redeeming quality. First impression was a decrepit Wendy's huge sign down since Katrina. The parking lot and grounds looked like a combination gang hangout or jail yard. The bedroom lampshade torn, incorrect bulbs in sink fixtures, child art on bathroom door, careless repairs: paint overspray on shower, drill dust still on kick plate from long ago grab bar installation and sloppy caulking. OK one positive: the AC unit ran constantly drowning out the general population. We will skip breakfast and never return.

• Stayed July 2013
Juan R, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
MTnester79,

We appreciate you taking the time to put a review on here about the hotel. We are currently undergoing renovations and are in the process of remodeling some of our rooms. As for the surrounding area, we have provided fencing across the property to ensure the safety of our guests. The staff here now is very exciting and full of life so I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to prove how great of a hotel we have here. We spend a lot of time and money on the landscaping as well to keep it bright full of life. Thank you for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We took my son and my nephew here to celebrate the end of summer break. We stayed in the King suite (pool view). It has two separate rooms w/sofa sleeper. The only tub was a whirlpool tub (fantastic) located in the "master bed room". It had two bathrooms, the other was just a tub and a sink. The pool was a nice size. No elevators. Very clean!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Reading some guest reviews from previous guests, I was really afraid, prepared myself for the worst...However everything was a pleasent surprise about this place. Our room [138] a non-smoking king was very clean, everything worked in it, smelled good; loved the hot breakfast, free parking! The only interactions we had with two Front Desk clerks Chantalle [misspelled?] and Vincent and both of them was very helpful and kind above and beyond!! The only thing the location is a bit scary, but no any incident happened, although we were driving around a bit, plus came back to the hotel around 2ish [am] nightly. You really gotta be a major complainer to find fault with this place♥♥

Room Tip: Loved ours! King non-smoking 138
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room stunk.We had to buy FreeBreeze to get rid of the smell.Bed and covers had cigarette burns and this was a non smoking room.The carpet was filthy.And PLEASE make sure you have everything before you leave because it will not be mailed to you.We accidently left our kindles and was told they were mailed.This was almost 2 weeks ago.You can't get a hold of any one in charge. The general manager who was suppose to have sent them can't be reached.
I will never stay at this motel again. I would rather stay the night in my car or under a bridge because these rooms do not measure up to even a cheap motel. I beg you please don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Castelo Branco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Scary location to start off. The clerk was on drugs, and couldn't even find our reservation. She asked my husband, "Are you sure your name isn't Gerald Dixson?" It isn't even close to that.We finally left and found a nice hotel in Metairie that was even cheaper. I would never recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Wow. This was by far the scariest hotel I have ever stayed in. There were definately rooms being used for illicit activity - mind you it was Mardi Gras time - and the carpets were the filthiest I have EVER SEEN! I refused to let my bare feet touch the ground. The rooms are old and dark - the comfortor's questionable. I would not have stayed at all except that my husband was with me - and armed. The towels were skimpy little things - and there were no more when we asked for more. We got "a" washcloth when we asked. This hotel should not have cost more than $50 a night - truly a dive.

Room Tip: Avoid. I wouldn't book it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Folsom Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I contacted this hotel because a large group of couples were coming for my 30th birthday celebration. Long story short I left messages with the staff, only when they did decide to answer the phone, and was told that management would contact me. On the third attempt I talked to management on a wednesday only to be told that he was clocking out in three minutes and he would call me on friday. At that point I told him that this has been going on for a week he then said I will call you when I get home only to never hear from him. Comfort Suites off Bullard cotacted me as soon as I left a message, had my rooms blocked and contract emailed in less than 24 hours, not to mention the stay was GREAT, staff was GREAT, food was GREAT. I am a choice priviledge member with early check-in and late check-out privilages now! I could'nt imagine what my stay would have been like here since the phone calls can't even be managed properly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!