“DO NOT RECOMMEND!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8400 I-10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA 70127 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #126 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Folsom Louisiana
“DO NOT RECOMMEND!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I contacted this hotel because a large group of couples were coming for my 30th birthday celebration. Long story short I left messages with the staff, only when they did decide to answer the phone, and was told that management would contact me. On the third attempt I talked to management on a wednesday only to be told that he was clocking out in three minutes and he would call me on friday. At that point I told him that this has been going on for a week he then said I will call you when I get home only to never hear from him. Comfort Suites off Bullard cotacted me as soon as I left a message, had my rooms blocked and contract emailed in less than 24 hours, not to mention the stay was GREAT, staff was GREAT, food was GREAT. I am a choice priviledge member with early check-in and late check-out privilages now! I could'nt imagine what my stay would have been like here since the phone calls can't even be managed properly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DMing0

Maun, Botswana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked this at the last minute due to hurricane sandy changing my travel plans. If I had more time I would not have stayed here simply because it is not tourist friendly in terms of getting into the heart of New Orleans if you are a tourist with no transport.

As a highway motel this place is perfect for a one night stop right off the I 10 on your way where ever.

The room (118) was fine except you can see that people eat in the rooms. The carpet is a litany of food stains and probably other stains. I had one roach visit, it didn't get a chance to call its mates. Otherwise everything else in the room worked.

They supply a basic but filling breakfast which was welcome as the only bus into town close by runs every 45 minutes or so, and you are about an hour out of town.

They advertise wi-fi but outside of the reception it is poor and in my room it was non existent.

On the plus side the staff I met were polite and helpful. I arrived late i.e 1:30am and I was still checked in even though I was not on the system. Either their system or Booking.Com got it wrong.

As emergency last minute accommodation it worked. Oh ja it cost me about $48 from the Louis Armstrong airport to this place - OUCH!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony B
Quality504, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Quality Inns and Suites New Orleans Lakefront. We appreicate your comments about our staff, location and breakfast. I do apologize about your internet, I wish I would have known while you were here so we could have switched you to another room with a stronger signal. I do thank you for bringing this to our attention and I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff.

Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was nearly the last free hotel that weekend. Now we know why. Located in a strange looking area near the interstate, it needed security guards at night, which points to obvious security problems in that area. The rooms looked worn down and not really clean. But the most terrible thing I discovered was bed bugs. I explained that problem to the stuff, but the only thing they did was changing the sheets there was no offer of a new room (ok, they were booked out) or at least a discount on the way too expensive price. Not a pleasant experience...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hkr78
Quality504, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. As for the security guard, we implemented that to provide crowd control in our lobby. As far as pests go, we take these matters seriously and Orkin comes to check on a weekly basis. We are also in the stage of remodeling the hotel and it is undergoing rennovations. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

First off, I thought this hotel was in Metairie, La. I checked in @ 1am on 10/26/12. The location looked scary. Rooms are exterior entrance, BAD thing, since prostitution was going on heavy there. I also checked in my room and was exhaisted so i didnt say anything but the ac cover was completely off and it was sooo dirty, the toilet did not flush at all. it was not stopped up but it just Plain BROKE!! I asked for a late check out the next morning and the fd clerk told me I could have one since i was a choice privilege member, Housekeeper still came to knock on door, Once i told the housekeeper i had a late check out. she replied rudely "well, i wasnt told that" and i told her i called and instead of her checking with the front desk agent to see if she had told me that or not. She told me that it was time to check out, and she wasnt told. I had a late check out.... Unless thats the only room left in New Orleans I definetely wouldnt advise this hotel to ANYONE!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca A
Quality504, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We do appreciate your patronage and have discussed your comments with our staff.

Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

First off, I want to say that this was my first time in New Orleans and I booked it on Hotwire.
I got to the hotel around 2:00 pm or so, as said in my reservation to check in. I didn't get checked in till 3:30 pm because none of the rooms were cleaned and ready. Housekeeping issue apparently. Got the hotel room with the gracious Jasmine who checked me in. I had a room block of 5 rooms and none were ready, and I was there plus 30 other people at the same time were needing our rooms for the convention in town.
I don't know who worked on Sept 29th, 2012 around 9:30 pm, but I paid for 5 rooms for two nights. Some lady at the front desk (not Jasmine), checked out one of the rooms (bus driver's room) and sold it to another person. There was one room left that was not cleaned at all and was not sold, so the bus driver had to sleep in the bus for one night. When I knew about this, I was going to scream! Properly train your staff! Look at your reservations clearly and carefully before you check out people out of the wrong room and let someone stranded for one night in a bus. I would have opted to sleep in the bus and let the bus driver sleep in my room if I knew about it earlier. Rooms were cleaned except for one room 132, complaints from my guests that not vacuumed and the sheets and blankets weren't even made. I will not be staying at this hotel unless i get comped on my next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John J
Thank for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel. We do appreciate your comment about our staff. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked a block of rooms October 2012. The rooms were terrible. Smokey smell, dirty carpet, shower head missing, water drained slow in tub. Basically this place was a dump. Pay more money and stay far away from here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angela A
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Quality Inns New Orleans Lakefront. We appreicate your comments about our hotel. I do apologize about your room, I wish I would have known while you were here so we could have switched you to another room. The maintenance staff has been cleaning carpets on a weekly basis to ensure cleanliness. The room you were in certainly does not speak for our rooms here. We would appreciate if you would give us a chance again. I do thank you for bringing this to our attention and I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this location were awesome. Front desk were very helpful with getting a taxi and also some good places to eat. Rooms were clean and housekeeping was very curtious. Would define tly recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate you telling us about your experience at the Quality Inns and Suites New Orleans Lakefront! We are so delighted you had such a nice stay. We pride outself in staff service at this hotel! We will certainly let front desk and housekeeping know your comments! We hope we have the opportunity to provide your accommodations again in the future.