“Very poor” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #144 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was nearly the last free hotel that weekend. Now we know why. Located in a strange looking area near the interstate, it needed security guards at night, which points to obvious security problems in that area. The rooms looked worn down and not really clean. But the most terrible thing I discovered was bed bugs. I explained that problem to the stuff, but the only thing they did was changing the sheets there was no offer of a new room (ok, they were booked out) or at least a discount on the way too expensive price. Not a pleasant experience...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Quality504, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. As for the security guard, we implemented that to provide crowd control in our lobby. As far as pests go, we take these matters seriously and Orkin comes to check on a weekly basis. We are also in the stage of remodeling the hotel and it is undergoing rennovations. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

First off, I thought this hotel was in Metairie, La. I checked in @ 1am on 10/26/12. The location looked scary. Rooms are exterior entrance, BAD thing, since prostitution was going on heavy there. I also checked in my room and was exhaisted so i didnt say anything but the ac cover was completely off and it was sooo dirty, the toilet did not flush at all. it was not stopped up but it just Plain BROKE!! I asked for a late check out the next morning and the fd clerk told me I could have one since i was a choice privilege member, Housekeeper still came to knock on door, Once i told the housekeeper i had a late check out. she replied rudely "well, i wasnt told that" and i told her i called and instead of her checking with the front desk agent to see if she had told me that or not. She told me that it was time to check out, and she wasnt told. I had a late check out.... Unless thats the only room left in New Orleans I definetely wouldnt advise this hotel to ANYONE!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality504, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We do appreciate your patronage and have discussed your comments with our staff.

Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

First off, I want to say that this was my first time in New Orleans and I booked it on Hotwire.
I got to the hotel around 2:00 pm or so, as said in my reservation to check in. I didn't get checked in till 3:30 pm because none of the rooms were cleaned and ready. Housekeeping issue apparently. Got the hotel room with the gracious Jasmine who checked me in. I had a room block of 5 rooms and none were ready, and I was there plus 30 other people at the same time were needing our rooms for the convention in town.
I don't know who worked on Sept 29th, 2012 around 9:30 pm, but I paid for 5 rooms for two nights. Some lady at the front desk (not Jasmine), checked out one of the rooms (bus driver's room) and sold it to another person. There was one room left that was not cleaned at all and was not sold, so the bus driver had to sleep in the bus for one night. When I knew about this, I was going to scream! Properly train your staff! Look at your reservations clearly and carefully before you check out people out of the wrong room and let someone stranded for one night in a bus. I would have opted to sleep in the bus and let the bus driver sleep in my room if I knew about it earlier. Rooms were cleaned except for one room 132, complaints from my guests that not vacuumed and the sheets and blankets weren't even made. I will not be staying at this hotel unless i get comped on my next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel. We do appreciate your comment about our staff. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked a block of rooms October 2012. The rooms were terrible. Smokey smell, dirty carpet, shower head missing, water drained slow in tub. Basically this place was a dump. Pay more money and stay far away from here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Quality Inns New Orleans Lakefront. We appreicate your comments about our hotel. I do apologize about your room, I wish I would have known while you were here so we could have switched you to another room. The maintenance staff has been cleaning carpets on a weekly basis to ensure cleanliness. The room you were in certainly does not speak for our rooms here. We would appreciate if you would give us a chance again. I do thank you for bringing this to our attention and I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The staff at this location were awesome. Front desk were very helpful with getting a taxi and also some good places to eat. Rooms were clean and housekeeping was very curtious. Would define tly recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2012
We appreciate you telling us about your experience at the Quality Inns and Suites New Orleans Lakefront! We are so delighted you had such a nice stay. We pride outself in staff service at this hotel! We will certainly let front desk and housekeeping know your comments! We hope we have the opportunity to provide your accommodations again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

i could not...this was the only hotel i could find in the area at such a short notice because of the hurricane...the hotel itself has some bad reviews about its area and clientele but that was certainly not the issue i found...the problem is the staff...i arrived at 4:15pm and waited for a half hour for someone to show up at the desk...not a soul to be found...i left to make a briefing that was scheduled for my work...when i returned at 7:15pm i was told my room wasn't ready and i'd have to wait till they found one...forty minutes later i was put into a room...the interior was fine...not the flea bag that other reviews listed it to be...by 10:30pm i was in my bed and just about falling asleep when my door was pushed open by the inept staff...i had the bar across the door so when they pushed it open the force was so strong that it sounded like the room was being broken into...the manager yells into the cracked door "who's in this room"...scares the living hell out of me...door being forced open at 10:45pm...the manager tells me he was 100% sure there was no one in the room...great customer service there...i'm 100% sure that he's an moron...even if i were positive the room was empty i'd have still knocked once just to be sure...but no, this idiot doesn't think to do that...just tries to bust into the room...if i hadn't paid up front with a web site i would have left right then but i knew there would be no way to get a refund...the manager on duty did not apologize...he just acted like he was in the right to open a door without knocking first because his computer showed the room to be empty...didn't bother to check with the paper work on his desk left by the other front desk worker...my advice is find a different place to stay because i'm pretty sure they don't learn from their mistakes by the looks of all the negative reviews of this place...i wish i had read a few before i pushed that button to book...the manager tried to blow off all the bad reviews by saying people who enjoy their stays at hotels don't bother to write good reviews...what a crock...learn to treat your customers right and maybe you'd get some good reviews...

Room Tip: rooms that are at another establishment
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Quality504, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed every issue in your letter with our staff and corrective action is being taken. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The staff was extremely helpful and willing to go the extra mile when it comes to their guest. The breakfast was freshly made and it tasted so good. I would not change 1 thing about this hotel it was really a nice place to stay. Really close to Bourbon and the Superdome. Staff are the friendlist.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!