“We couldn't have been more well-pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #56 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Texas
“We couldn't have been more well-pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

After reading the reviews (and, more impressive, the responses from the manager), I decided to give this hotel a try for our 5 night stay in New Orleans. I cannot SAY enough good about the experience.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The area was quiet and safe. Valet parking attendants were friendly and my automobile was parked within sight of them at all times. I was able to access my car whenever it was necessary without all the hassle of having it brought out by the valet. I could just tell them I was accessing my car and walk to it. Very convenient.

The streetcar stops in the medium in front of the hotel. It took about 10 minutes to ride to/from the French Quarter on the Garden District line.

Conveniently located a short walk down the street is a Walgreens. And, if you choose to forego the free breakfast at the hotel in favor of a delicious home-cooked breakfast, the Trolley Car Restaurant across the street was spotless and delicious, with great coffee.

Adjoining the hotel is a Cheesecake restaurant that I can't say enough good about. Delicious food and ENORMOUS portions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Linda H,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear when our staff did well.
It is great to hear you enjoyed our parking services. The valet staff here is exceptional and I will pass your review onto them.
I do hope you will come back to visit the next time you are in New Orleans.
Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Considered staying a block away at the INDIGO; which is VERY nice; but we were only needing a one night stay and decided to save a little by staying at the Grandboutique clarion. We were very happy with the place! Exceeded our expectations and saved us 50$. Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2013
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
NOLA-pcola,
Thank you so much for your review! It is so nice to hear when we do a good job! I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and you felt we were a good value! I hope the next time your in town we can exceed your expectations again.
Clarion Grand boutique Hotel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very accessible to the street cars. Away from the busy downtown, but near to the beautiful garden area. Decent breakfast consists of eggs, sausage, French toast, cereal, baked goods, milk and juice. Nicely decorated. Some may have to pay for parking ($17/ day). One block away from the Walgreens. Wifi is spotty at best. Overall I give it a B+

• Stayed August 2013
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dmoney305,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased that you had a great stay. I do want to apologize for the wireless internet service and let you know we are adding 2 more connection points as I write this to make sure every room has the strongest signal possible. I do hope you will come back and see us soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Right across from St. Charles streetcar. Breakfast is pretty good. Yogurt, pasteries, muffins, english muffins, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, milk, tea, cereal, eggs, sausage, and french toast. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Cheesecake restaurant right downstairs. Walgreens less than a block away. Valet parking from 11am to 11pm. I recommend this hotel. I will be coming back.

• Stayed August 2013
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Jennifer H,
Thank you so much for your review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
It is always nice to hear when we can make a guest feel welcome and at home.
I do hope we will see you soon.
Streetsboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Staff is friendly courteous and knows the area very well. They are more than helpful. The hotel lobby is small, but tjehe hotel is remodeled and updated. Besides you don't go to NOLA to sit in the lobby. The parking garage is attached with valet. There is the Cheesecake Bistro and the Trolley Stop Cafe right next door. The trolley line is in front of the hotel, as well, as the New Orleans Tourism building. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review Carolem.
I am so glad you enjoyed our property! I am pleased to hear you will be staying with us again on your next trip to New Orleans. Again thank you for your kind words.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked this location to stay for the weekend in New Orleans with my sisters. I love that is close to the tram (even though it is super slow), we left the car there in the hotel covered parking and we used the tram to go back and forth from the French Quarter.

The hotel is located in the Garden District and even though there are a lot of restaurants, bars and stores close by and within walking distance, at night it was very quiet and we didn't hear any outside noise.

The room has very spacious. We had 2 double beds, I would have prefer queen but we fit, even though it was a bit tight. Our room had a small couch with a table, a small fridge, microwave and a counter. We cooled our drinks there and store our snacks. The closet was roomy and the bathroom too. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom.

For breakfast, they offered continental breakfast with eggs, sausage, french toast, muffins, pastries, juice and coffee. It was a good variety. When we went downstairs, they were refreshing the buffet, so the food was hot. There is not that much room downstairs though, so you can have breakfast up in your room.

We had something weird happened, around 2 am, someone kept calling and calling our room. My sister answered and someone will hang up. It happen around 3 times, so we disconnected the phones. We talked to the concierge and he was very apologetic and even suggested to put a do not disturb line so we didn't get too calls. The concierges were also very nice and knowledgeable about activities close by.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sleeping a little tight, then 2 doubles are good enough for 4 people.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review KandyKane056. It is a wealth of information for our future guests. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that you, the next time you are in New Orleans, choose to make us your home away from home.
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews. Our stay this weekend was wonderful. Don't let the look of the outside deter you, this hotel is really nice inside.

Pros: not too expensive, super fast check-in/out, Walgreens at the corner (get your streetcar pass here, the one day is only $3), courteous front desk staff, streetcar stops near, valet parking (even though it is $18/day) but the guys were super friendly and helpful and thorough about explaining everything, clean and spacious rooms, breakfast selection was better than expected (but the oranges looked a bit dry and old), lobby/dining area is really clean and modern

Cons: the lady at the front desk was on a personal call on her cell phone when we came to check-in on Friday night. We didn't have to wait long for her to finish, but having to wait at all was kind of off-putting. We were on the third floor and the hallway had a slight foul odor to it the whole time but our room was fine. There was also a very strong cleaning product smell in the elevator on Saturday morning; it was a pleasant smell but very strong.

Overall, great experience! I didn't get to try the restaurant but will on my next stay that will definitely be at this hotel if I choose the same area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review LSpivey!
I am so glad overall you had a great experience. We always appreciate any feedback and am glad that you gave an honest account of your stay!
I am so sorry that at check-in our desk agent was on the phone. This is not our policy and I have spoken to this agent about her actions. I am also sorry there was an odor in the hallway. We are investigating that now.
I do hope the next time you are in New Orleans you will come and see us again!
Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel

Been to Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!