“Quiet hotel with great location near Bourbon Street” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #63 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Birmingham, Alabama
“Quiet hotel with great location near Bourbon Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

This hotel lived up to my expectations as reported by other trip advisors. It was lovely and quiet to be so close to all the action. My husband was on business in Kenner and my 13 y son and I tagged along for fun. It was convenient to walk everywhere! We never needed the car in NO. The area was considered safe as well. The continental breakfast was adequate with fresh croissants and pastries each day with coffee and fruit juice. We always bring our own hot chocolate which we enjoyed as well. The beds were comfortable, but not as firm as we like. We had a courtyard view which was nice as well. The desk clerks were very helpful advising us how to get around and what to do. Warning!!!>...all child friendly attractions are closed on Mondays!! This was not advertised in any brochures so we were taken aback. Also the cemeteries were open for limited hours as well, so be sure to check before you visit.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Totally dark room-woke up at 10:30 and didn't know it was daytime, very quiet with very comfortable bedding. One block from Bourbon and very convenient to everywhere in the Quarter. Clean. Comp continental breakfast-just coffee, danish, croissants but good for the price. Good value for the French Quarter.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights in early December. I was concerned about potential noise due the hotel's proximity to Bourbon St. The front desk was aware of my request. They were very helpful and gave us a room facing the courtyard. The room was large and very quiet. The location of the hotel is good...close to all the FQ and CBD restaurants/attractions. My major complaint is that the hotel could be cleaner from a housekeeping perspective. I noticed some trash in the public areas and stains in the room that made me think this isn't the hotel needs a good scrubbing. I've mentioned these to the hotel and hope they take note. This is a good hotel and I'd might stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

The sofa was water stained. There was an empty crushed-up cig pack next to the TV when we checked into a NON-SMOKING room. (Yes, it did smell of cig smoke.) Near the micro and fridge smelled of pee. The bed cover was old and stained. Need I say more?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Stayed Halloween weekend. Very expensive 300+ a night but had a great time. Room was clean bathroom very clean. We had a nice balcony. Staff was very helpful, we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

The staff was disengaged and borderline rude. The ammeneties were overstated and pathetic. I was terribly disappointed in the whole experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Merced, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

My husband and I chose the Hotel St. Marie, because of its location. We were not disappointed. We were there November 13 - 19. We had a balcony room on the 2nd floor. Room was small but overall nice. Check in was smooth uncomplicated. Thanks to Peter at the front desk for all his suggestions including the tour.

My only "complaint/annoyance" is that we left our room one morning for a day out, upon returning, the drapes had been changed, there was left over hardware (nails/brackets) as well as sheetwall debris on the floor. My husband picked up the hardware but the sheetwall debris was never vacuumed up (and was there 3 days later when we left). I was surprised the maid never vacuumed it up (and by the way I did tip each day; maybe I shouldn't have). I feel very strongly that management should have told us that work was going to be done in our room in advance. In fact, one morning I saw a vacuum in the hallway and I told my husband I should grab it and run it in our room!!!

Overall, loved the location and the hotel front desk staff and room, was nice to be able to sit on the balcony and relax.... even though the vaccum needs to be used a bit more.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!