“Great 1st Time Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $109
Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, Illinois
“Great 1st Time Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

This was my first visit to New Orleans. Some friends suggested to go during French Quarter Fest and also recommended the Hotel St. Marie. It is a very nice hotel and close to everything. It is a few blocks off Bourbon so not as noisy I would think too. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The restaurant was great one night and then we had a bad experience a few nights later that was quickly resolved. I would definitely stay here again on another visit.

• Liked — My room had a small balcony which overlooked the street
  • Disliked — Elevators were slow - but that was sort of expected
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Key West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

This is the second time I have stayed at the Saint Marie and just as the first time in August of 2006 it was more than I expected compared to others i have stayed at with similar rates.

I was extremely pleased with the large room and how friendly the housekeeping staff was as well as the people runnig the front desk. I have stayed in New Orleans before and have also lived there many years ago but noticed that the past couple of years that the people in general of New Orleans seem very friendly. Maybe that is because I have become accustomed to the behavior of the some of the people in South Florida which tends to be rude and unfriendly. I guess living somewhere where the hospitality people are as friendly makes you notice the friendliness of the people of New Orleans more.

I used the hotel's website to book my reservations and was surprised to find such a great low rate of $69 for weekdays and $89. for the Friday and Saturday nights. We had plenty of towels and they were good ones and not the thin cheap ones you get at other places. The front desk staff people, I don't remember their names but one was a short black women during the day and a young white man at night and they both we overly helpful with directions, especially with getting public transportation to the zoo since the St. Charles street car was not running.

I would definetely reccomend this hotel to others as its location is excellent being between Bourbon and Dauphine and just a few blocks from Jackson Square.

• Liked — the great price
  • Disliked — walkign through garage to get to building room was in
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

I arrived at Hotel St Marie at 10.30 on a Saurday night, worn out after travelling over 15 hours from home. As I got out of the taxi I heard the sound of Bourbon Street, half a block away. Check-in was painless and speedy, with very friendly and welcoming staff. I dumped my bags and followed the noise. It was a wonderful introduction to New Orleans and over the next three days I enjoyed fantastic hospitality, both at the hotel and around town.

The bed was very comfortable and the room, whilst on the basic side, was more than adequate. I must admit I never turned on the TV and only discovered they have a mini-swimming pool when I was about to depart! Bathroom and shower were fine. The best two things about the hotel were the location and the staff. The location could not be improved on - just far enough from the frenetic activity of Bourbon Street to be allow a quiet feel and yet only a few seconds off what must register as the epi-centre of the French Quarter. The staff were universally friendly and helpful - say hi to Desiree, who serves breakfast and enjoys finding our about her visitors.

If you've never been to New Orleans and you like music, wonderful food, attractive eclectic architecture and a wonderful combination of simultaneously laid-back and zesty people then this is a place to consider.

Stayed May 2007
baltimore, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

What a perfect location.. After working with the Red Cross during Katrina, my daughter spent her 21st birthday at the Prince Conti (a sister hotel) in the French Quarter and vowed when she got married, this was going to be the destination. In November, she got engaged and we went on line to make reservations. The Prince Conti could not accomodate us for her time frame, however, the Marie could and the rest was history.

The staff was wonderful in making sure all family/friends were located on the same floor with balconies facing the quarter. Sitting out on the balconies listening to the music coming from the corner establishment was fabulous. The room sizes were perfect. My daughter, her 2 friends and myself shared a suite and it was awlsome.

Whatever we needed, they were happy to accomodate us. We had alot of fun and they seemed to enjoy the family and friends who decided to get a tatoo in honor of the bride.

We are planning to go back next year around the same time(week after Mardi Gras) and we will definetly stay there.

• Liked — accomodating staff, location of rooms
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Braunfels, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

This hotel was recommended to us by a Tourist Information Center in Baton Rouge. The price was what initially got our attention--$49/night for a hotel in the French Quarter (during the week of course)! The hotel staff were incredibly warm, friendly and helpful. They recommended great restaurants, things to do while we were there, and gave us directions to places we asked. I do not know when I have seen better customer service in a hotel.

The rooms were nice--very clean, large and comfortable. The hotel location is great as well. I definitely will be back to visit my new friends at the Hotel St. Marie!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise from the French Quarter
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

We stayed at the St Marie for 5 nights in May. Hotel was nice and clean. Staff was friendly, informative & personable. We had an early flight and were allowed to check in around 10am. Overall - Very good hotel for the price. Location is great. No complaints. Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2007
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

Friendly staff and good housekeeping. Our room was clean and attractive. Good location within the French Quarter; the block north of Bourbon St helps to buffer it from the noise and crowds. Second floor rooms with balconies facing Dauphine are larger than other floors and quieter than those on Toulouse. Shady interior courtyard is small but pleasant, and a nice break from the heat on the streets. On-site, enclosed valet parking.

• Liked — captures charm of new orleans
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!